ADVERTISEMENT

Someone explain...

razzaba

Freshman
Nov 12, 2011
How Cal's first touchdown wasn't reviewed? It didn't even look close to being a catch... and then for the rest of the game, every replay they showed seemed to intentionally cut off the end of the play and not show it.

Then, the halftime highlights didn't show the score at all (they started the highlights with it 7-0 Cal) and they didn't even talk about the fact that it was questionable.

I don't understand why the broadcast teams seem to go out of their way to avoid controversy and not talk about questionable calls... when I'd appreciate their insight and disecting the play.

I thought the fumble early in the game could have been talked about (did the forearm or elbow touch the grass before the fumble occcurred, meaning he was down) and the false start/offsides play later in the game (looked like two Cal players encroached, but we were called offside due to the Right Guard).

Even if it goes the other way and it is a bad call that benefits us, I would like the broadcast crew to do a better job of calling it out either way, and putting the onus on the refs to be accountable for their calls.

Two words: incompetent officiating.

It was as if Ron Cherry was out there. I believe it was a PAC-12 crew for what it's worth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT