ADVERTISEMENT

Sugar Bowl and Playoff games

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Early in the 2nd, Kansas State leads Bama 10-7. But the Tide now has 1st and Goal at the 2. Bama takes the lead 14-10.

Before Bill Snyder (a protege of Hayden Frye, like the Stoops boys) went to K-St, the Wildcats were problem the worst all time football program in any Major conference. Before Snyder, the KU football program was a terrifying giant compared to K-St. Since Snyder, K-St has been a consistent winner. That in a state that produces maybe a quarter of the football talent that NC produces.

The Right coach at even the most hapless school can more than just win - he also can leave such a legacy that the program remains a winner well into the future.

The current K-St HC is something of an antithesis to Mack. Rather be all about out-recruiting opponents, Chris Klieman focuses on developing talent and making all players master fundamentals. The football culture is one of toughness and fight. They welcome being underdogs and relish proving to the prettier recruits elsewhere that they will outwork them.

UNC football now has, and for sometime past has had, a soft football culture. If Mack Brown had any ability to alter that, surely he could have done it within 4 seasons. If not, then hemal not live long enough to get it done. UNC football needs the Bill Dooley style off football culture that permeates every part of the program, and especially the OL and DL. A coach like Chris Klieman would install it. Mack will keep focusing on his silver tongue to smooth over the failures and weaknesses.

a perfect example of a coach and team ready to play are dykes and tcu…they’ve been hearing all week about “smash” and a their three man line is going to get run over by a physical team.

i know we have an entire half to play, but this is impressive and i hope they win the whole f’ing thing.

Reactions: Archer2
a perfect example of a coach and team ready to play are dykes and tcu…they’ve been hearing all week about “smash” and a their three man line is going to get run over by a physical team.

i know we have an entire half to play, but this is impressive and i hope they win the whole f’ing thing.
Yeah they've been impressive for sure.

Definitely be cool to see someone outisde of the typical teams win the CFP. But as long as fuking osu doesn't win it all, I won't care.

Reactions: gteeitup
Michigan reminding me of the Heels, in that they are blowing a lot of opportunities. I do think they got jobbed on that td catch, but mostly they are killing themselves.

TCU was 5-7 in 2021 and fired the coach. The right coach was hired, and TCU will play for the 2022 National Championship.

I would sell a kidney for UNC to hire a coach like Ryan Day or Sonny Dykes

I would sell a kidney for UNC to hire a coach like Ryan Day or Sonny Dykes
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: uncboy10
All 4 of the playoff team defenses are well regarded, but tonight's scores sure have' shown anything like that.

The best team in this post-season, meaning the best game played by any team in the postseason, is Alabama. Bama playing as it did in the Sugar would have beaten all 4 playoff teams playing as they did.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
The best team in this post-season, meaning the best game played by any team in the postseason, is Alabama. Bama playing as it did in the Sugar would have beaten all 4 playoff teams playing as they did.
bama lost their two games by a total of 4 pts. both losses were on the road against top 15 teams with 100,000+ maniacal fans. and their heisman quarterback was still injured in the tenn loss. if the goal was the four best teams bama was in. but in truth people are tired of bama and tcu adds some variety so there you are. georgia will destroy tcu for a ho-hum channel switcher.

Except they didn't do what was required for them to do in the regular season, which is to win games. Just because they won a bowl game doesn't mean they earned it in the regular season.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT