ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels versus Orange game thread

Wow what a thought. Can u coach? We need one.

my wife just asked me if I could coach them as well ..lol .. I played football , basketball and baseball .. played in basketball and baseball all star games then I got interested in girls too much …so my careers playing ball slowed down .. now with kids of my own I help teach my kids the games but I don't coach .. last season my son asked me how do you score over a tall kid in kindergarten .. I showed him a pump fake move .. he actually faked the kid out dribbled around him to score it was awesome .. he averaged 6 points a game in kindergarten .

Bad nerves loser mentality bad snap on FG , then guy needs to catch the ball and not try to run for a TD.. Next opportunity, Guy Picks off pass and falls down on purpose because he thinks we have the lead.. then guy forgets to call heads or tails on coin toss,. then fed should have gone for 2 and the win... all fails that if one goes the other way its a win..

Reactions: JimmyinVA
You went from the fun times of watching the Wufs get stomped to the now typical bad times of learning about UNC losing.

The wusspecker massacre was fun no doubt. I should’ve just stayed downtown and got drunk

my wife just asked me if I could coach them as well ..lol .. I played football , basketball and baseball .. played in basketball and baseball all star games then I got interested in girls too much …so my careers playing ball slowed down .. now with kids of my own I help teach my kids the games but I don't coach .. last season my son asked me how do you score over a tall kid in kindergarten .. I showed him a pump fake move .. he actually faked the kid out dribbled around him to score it was awesome .. he averaged 6 points a game in kindergarten .

That’s coaching my man. You should get in to it. My dad coached me in baseball all the way up through high school. I’ll never forget those memories with him. They’re the best ones I have

Reactions: tarheels0015
These last two weeks are so frustrating.... the defense plays good enough to get the W. The offense moves the ball, but too many missed opportunities. As much dumb stuff as Fedora does (e.g. clock management late in game when leading), I feel like he put the Heels in position to win two weeks in a row.* We've got to make the FG's; and catch the easy passes, etc. The Heels are so damn close to being 3-1 in ACC and leading the Coastal. ugh...

*that doesn't mean I still wouldn't want @gteeitup to buyout his contract when he wins the powerball

Reactions: gteeitup
I haven't read through this thread, so this might have already been mentioned but I think it was interesting how Syracuse handled the QB situation. Taking out the more experienced qb and replacing him with the freshman was a good move. He saw his starter was ineffective and tried to shake things up. It would have been nice for Fed to do the same.

Reactions: gteeitup
I haven't read through this thread, so this might have already been mentioned but I think it was interesting how Syracuse handled the QB situation. Taking out the more experienced qb and replacing him with the freshman was a good move. He saw his starter was ineffective and tried to shake things up. It would have been nice for Fed to do the same.
I noted it during the game. Dungey has saved Babers' tail 3 or 4 times over the past 2 and a half seasons, and Dungey may well leave SU as statistically the best QB in school history. But Babers will still replace him when he needs to.

Babers makes more sense to me than Fedora, about QBs and most things.

Bye bye Larry

Your time here really sucked

2015 was real fun

But then you ran out of luck

You built us up

Then tore us down

You ran this team

Into the ground

Bye bye Larry

You really fukking suck.
Does this poem mean you did find some quality alcohol?

Reactions: tarheel0910
coin toss wasn't our fault.
official had a brain fart.
asked us defense or offense we said defense then he flipped the coin.
"tails it is"
then he realized his mistake and started over.

Team Stats
Stat Name
north-carolina_70.png
ssw.png

First Downs 24 25
Passes for First 14 15
Rushes for First 10 8
Penalties for First 0 2
Third Down Efficiency 7-22 3-14
Fourth Down Efficiency 2-4 0-1
Total Yards 500 546
Total Plays 95 85
Avg Gain Per Play 5.3 6.4
Net Yards Rushing 179 140
Rushes 41 33
Yards Per Rush 4.4 4.2
Stat Name
north-carolina_70.png
ssw.png

Net Yards Passing 321 406
Comp-Att 34-54 28-52
Yards Per Pass 5.9 7.8
Times Sacked 1 5
Yds Lost To Sacks -6 -28
Interceptions 1 1
Punts 6 8
Punt Average 37.7 45.1
Penalties 5 6
Penalty Yards 34 53
Fumbles 1 3
Fumbles Lost 1 1

Yet another game we should have won. With a decent coach, we’re a one loss team at worst.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Its a totally different thread 2 weeks in a row If a guy doesn't fumble at the one and the second guy doesn't attempt to think about running instead of just getting down and catching the ball.. He is a terrible coach always has been but both of those game winning plays are not on him..

Reactions: franklin street
The fact that we always seem to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory is on him. Our team has a losing mentality. That comes from losing way too many winnable games, games we should have won based on talent alone.

Two last minute losses to mediocre teams doesn’t make me feel any better about Fed, it makes me feel worse. Rinse and repeat.

As Yogi said, “It’s like deja vu all over again.”

Its a totally different thread 2 weeks in a row If a guy doesn't fumble at the one and the second guy doesn't attempt to think about running instead of just getting down and catching the ball.. He is a terrible coach always has been but both of those game winning plays are not on him..
A game is more than one play.

Without a doubt. We have the worst coach in the league.

We have the worst coach in the country!

Wonder what he will do when he gets fired?

I dont see him ever having another HC job. He wont get a job with TV he ruined his chances with that when he spit on the worlds view of concussions and football.

I don't despise Larry as much as it sounds like some of you do at this point. I like (liked) the guy, and certainly wanted him to succeed. That being said, I don't have much faith in him turning things around now, and just think it's time for a change.
He succeeded. I dunno exactly how much he will bank, personally, but he made a fortune off of UNC. He can retire comfortably on however many million dollars he managed to coax from the university for his... contributions.

Reactions: Archer2
I don't despise Larry as much as it sounds like some of you do at this point. I like (liked) the guy, and certainly wanted him to succeed. That being said, I don't have much faith in him turning things around now, and just think it's time for a change.

That’s pretty much how I feel. I don’t hate Larry, I just hate what he’s done to our program. 2015 should have been a stepping stone towards new heights. Instead it’s more like a rung of the ladder that blew out under our feet.

Reactions: Archer2
i don't like larry and haven't since day 1 but tried to support him because i had/have zero confidence in carolina hiring someone better.
it's now gotten to the point where i don't think they could do any worse.

I don’t think anyone hates Fed. I just think we’re frustrated because many of us, myself included, initially thought he was the answer to our football woes. It has been obvious to me for the past two years that he isn’t. So I just want a change and the sooner, the better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT