ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels vs. Fighting Irish game thread

Another stupid penalty. This time, Fox.

ND responds with a 1st down pass completion.

Dalton's turn to get a 15 yard penalty.

Luckily, ND freshman QB and TE not on same page, leading to INT.

What on Earth needs to be done to get a sneak called on 3rd/4th and less than a yard? Amazing that we are calling screens, and then a bomb from the 1 before the half when we needed to run the clock down.

Fedora thinks Surratt is able to make plays like that.

But, if you never take snaps under center, you shouldn't QB sneak it. And we do not have an RB close to a power runner.

Fedora's offense is missing many pieces, more than a few of which are recruiting failures. And those are tied to Fedora's emphases: he dies not use power running RBs, then he aint likely to sign them. And there is the offense as ideology: Fed believes he does not need to direct snap to the QB.

Somebody tell the coaching staff you can run the ball on 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1. If I didn't know better I would think Fedora is tanking for a better draft pick. Carolina is one of the worst coached football teams in all of college sports. We're back to being unwatchable again.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
When surratt throws it takes forever for the ball to get where it goes
Not sure if it's easy to tell on TV, but he is also inaccurate on at least half of his throws. Constantly making guys break stride or reach the other way for balls. He doesn't look good throwing it right now except on deep balls.

State beats Louisville, UVA beats d00k. We are square in consideration for the worst team in the league. This year has shades of 2003 (2-10, 1-7) written all over it. Never thought we'd be back to the worst of the Bunting era.

Somebody tell the coaching staff you can run the ball on 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1. If I didn't know better I would think Fedora is tanking for a better draft pick. Carolina is one of the worst coached football teams in all of college sports. We're back to being unwatchable again.
We do not have a large power running RB, and Surratt is not 230 pounds of between the tackles runner like Marquis Williams.

Fedora's offense is, to say the least, limiting. Any offense that keeps Trubisky sitting for 3 years to play a glorified backyard football QB is limited and limiting.

But, if you never take snaps under center, you shouldn't QB sneak it. And we do not have an RB close to a power runner.
You think? I don't know enough about taking snaps under center to know how difficult it is, but they ought to practice it a bit if so. We get killed in short yardage and take too many safeties. As for a "power RB", I think it's unnecessary to run in short-yardage. Plenty of shifty guys work just fine.

Great. Another injury. Shouldn't be hard to sell recruits on the possibility of being a 4 year starter if they come in next year.

State beats Louisville, UVA beats d00k. We are square in consideration for the worst team in the league. This year has shades of 2003 (2-10, 1-7) written all over it. Never thought we'd be back to the worst of the Bunting era.
I have had the powerful sense of foreboding about the program back to the 2014 season. It never went away during 2015. It grew last year.

So this debacle is something I have halfway been expecting.

Cut the TV off at the half. Been listening to the radio broadcast. Jones, Rick, and Lee are about as despondent as most of our fans are. They know how terrible we really are and they know it goes deeper than it being a rebuilding year and the injuries we've incurred.

And as I type this, we make another bonehead penalty. I'm out, can't take any more of this ineptitude.

Play? Why?
Harris was crap at LSU, and he will not be back next year. Harris should not play another down as UNC QB.

Now, we could use a 230 pound RB.
Come on man you can see it in his language he doesn't think he can throw it deep neither does anyone else

This is ridiculous. Chase throws fu$%ing cupcakes out there. Use your lower half and drive the damn football up the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT