ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and OU to SEC?

No matter how sentimental people may be about their history, conference lines have basically been throw out the window.
The knee jerk reaction is to fully expand by going and getting WVU, even though I don't think WVU brings anything to the league. And then continue to beg ND too fully join. And we all know that until NBC pulls the plug on their TV deal that they have zero interest in joining in football. But in my mind, the first three visits Phillips should make are to three schools in the ACC to make sure they are committed. FSU, Clemson, and UNC. TV markets, and footprint, mean nothing anymore. It is all about brand. And those are the three schools in the conference that other conferences would gladly pay the ACC media rights to lift them from the ACC.

Whatever gives us the most likely path to the playoffs is what the ACC should do

giphy.gif

My friend, that’s why you stay single until you find that cute Duke educated red head w/ freckles and a hard body from doing CrossFit 5 days a week who owns a cabin in the mountains or Oregon. She’s got the best sex and then she goes home in the morning because she works at Duke while you’re still chapel hill.
mythical. This is like a story about a state girl without a mustache.

• Haha
Reactions: CrazyHeel
I think the better question is who is going to get an invite to the Big 10 with UNC, when the ACC as we know it goes under. Unless the ACC pulls off something unexpected, Clemson and FSU will bolt for the SEC once the GoR is over. No doubt that at that point the Big 10 offers us and UVA. VT probably tries to get into the SEC and I imagine moo would too (although I don't think they would be high on the SEC list). I think UNC will have a choice to make. Take significantly less money (which makes it hard to compete) and stay in a Big East/PAC 12 type conference or leave for the Big 10.
If the BIG goes after the ACC and they very well may my guess is they will no just go for two teams but 4 those 4 being
UVA
UNC
Clemson
Florida St

If the BIG goes after the ACC and they very well may my guess is they will no just go for two teams but 4 those 4 being
UVA
UNC
Clemson
Florida St
They might go after them, but I think Clemson and FSU are going to the SEC. It's just a better fit for them.

SEC will have more money. It isn't about geography in the world of streaming.
I think this is where things have really changed. No one cares about the SC market, but there are a lot of fans nationally of Clemson so getting them brings more downloads, streams, rights, etc. Ultimately more money.

And no one is going to touch the SEC when it comes to financial power.

I think this is where things have really changed. No one cares about the SC market, but there are a lot of fans nationally of Clemson so getting them brings more downloads, streams, rights, etc. Ultimately more money.

And no one is going to touch the SEC when it comes to financial power.
Clemson will Go BIG before SEC. The BIG if they can not get ND will go after UVA, UNC, Clemson and FSU. They make more than the SEC add these teams or any combo of these teams and they still will. If not they will go after USC, UCLA Stanford and CAL and still make more $$$$$ than the SEC

Last edited:
Clemson and FSU don't qualify for the BIG. AAU accredited only.
I think they might end up waving that if the Big and SEC pick apart the ACC, but FSU and Clemson just don't fit culturally. Plus, after the SEC gets their new deal, they will be able to make more in the SEC.

Maybe so but with the money the SEC makes they could help pay any exit fee. If either were smart they would stay and have the easier path to the CFP.
It's not an exit fee that's the problem. It's the GoR. That goes until 2036. No one can afford that. Pretty much every Clemson reporter has said the talk is bogus.

It's not an exit fee that's the problem. It's the GoR. That goes until 2036. No one can afford that. Pretty much every Clemson reporter has said the talk is bogus.
Well there is talk in BIG land that the BIG will Target USC(the real one) and bring along 3 other PAC schools with them

Interesting article here. I don't think any of this is new though. While #1 and #2 would be my dream scenario for the conference, there is almost zero chance that happens. At first, the raiding of the Pac seemed stupid to me, but the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think it's the ACC's only way to survive. Combine that with increased conference games and the pod system, the ACC could come close to competing with the other two P4 conferences. The only other options I can see is to come up with a ACC/Big matchup like the basketball setup along with pods and 9 game conference schedule, but I'm not sure that helps much.

https://www.si.com/college/bostonco...e-realignment-expansion-penn-state-notre-dame

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT