ADVERTISEMENT

The 2024-25 North Carolina team reminds me of......

tarwhiz

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2002
The 1997 Arizona Wildcats. The team that knocked both Carolina and then Kentucky off in the FF, also beat a Roy Williams led Kansas team in the Elite 8. Kansas was in my opinion the vest team in the country and Roy's best team at his 1st stop.
Arizona was dominated by the best guard Corp in the country. Miles Simon, Mike Bibby, Jason Terry were all 3 future long time NBA players. Michael Dickerson was a powerful high scoring wing, and Eugene Edgerson was a defensive and rugged young bench piece.
Zona rotated 3 very young frontcourt players that basically rebounded and defended without being set up within the offense. A.J. Bramlett, Bennett Davidson and Donell Harris were not thought of much like our unheralded frontcourt this season.
I like this team, and their ceiling. I think the 2 keys to the season are Jalen Washington and Cade Tysen. I think Tysen finishes games at the 4 spot each night, the question for me is does Hubert go all in with the small lineup from opening tip?
Never in my lifetime has a starting 5 been so up in the air going into a season.
I think this will be fun to see how it all plays out.

I think this team has the depth, skill, shooting, coachability, motor, and will to excel necessary to be much greater than the sum of its parts! I feel something special brewing and the fact that peeps are sleeping on them will just add fuel to the fire!

The 1997 Arizona Wildcats. The team that knocked both Carolina and then Kentucky off in the FF, also beat a Roy Williams led Kansas team in the Elite 8. Kansas was in my opinion the vest team in the country and Roy's best team at his 1st stop.
Arizona was dominated by the best guard Corp in the country. Miles Simon, Mike Bibby, Jason Terry were all 3 future long time NBA players. Michael Dickerson was a powerful high scoring wing, and Eugene Edgerson was a defensive and rugged young bench piece.
Zona rotated 3 very young frontcourt players that basically rebounded and defended without being set up within the offense. A.J. Bramlett, Bennett Davidson and Donell Harris were not thought of much like our unheralded frontcourt this season.
I like this team, and their ceiling. I think the 2 keys to the season are Jalen Washington and Cade Tysen. I think Tysen finishes games at the 4 spot each night, the question for me is does Hubert go all in with the small lineup from opening tip?
Never in my lifetime has a starting 5 been so up in the air going into a season.
I think this will be fun to see how it all plays out.
The Tyson in the game as our 4 in crunch time, I hope that is not the case, I hope it will be Lubin beside Jalen at crunch time. I am fine with Tyson as a small ball 4 for some short stints but to me he has to be at the 3 rather than the 4 for most of his minutes. Real concerned with defense and rebounding with him in as the 4, nothing I see from his Belmont plays shows me he is a ACC level 4 in the aspect of getting boards and defending other ACC power forwards. And look, we have JWit, Lubin, High already as better fits for the 4 on a more regular basis.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
The Tyson in the game as our 4 in crunch time, I hope that is not the case, I hope it will be Lubin beside Jalen at crunch time. I am fine with Tyson as a small ball 4 for some short stints but to me he has to be at the 3 rather than the 4 for most of his minutes. Real concerned with defense and rebounding with him in as the 4, nothing I see from his Belmont plays shows me he is a ACC level 4 in the aspect of getting boards and defending other ACC power forwards. And look, we have JWit, Lubin, High already as better fits for the 4 on a more regular basis.
Our best scorers in order are probably Davis, Jackson, Tyson, then probably Wash and Cadeau. For Powell and Trimble to get the run they deserve, Tyson has to play a lot of 4.
We can't be the guard dominant team we need to be with 3 of our best perimeter players on the bench most of the game.
This teams ceiling is with 4 perimeter players on the court probably 65-75% of the time.
Also Don't underestimate Cade Tyson at the 4. His brother Huntter became a 1st team all ACC player as a 4 man at Clemson and Cade has that same body type to add more muscle and stay quick. He is also more skilled than his brother who is currently in the NBA.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2DDIMOND
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT