ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I just thought about something. It’s been there all this time. You should be my assistant. With my wit and creativity and aside from you getting my coffee, you doing all the technical nerd stuff I don’t care about, I could take over the internet. Think about it. It beats your current gig working for UNC71-00.
I've followed this line of insults and it really bothers him when you don't resize stuff to make it appear bigger on screen. Now, he says your wife must be laughing at you for your gif size. What's funny is the self-reveal from yet another projection. He actually thinks his wife has been laughing at him all this time because he doesn't have big enough gifs.

• Haha
Reactions: nctransplant
I've followed this line of insults and it really bothers him when you don't resize stuff to make it appear bigger on screen. Now, he says your wife must be laughing at you for your gif size. What's funny is the self-reveal from yet another projection. He actually thinks his wife has been laughing at him all this time because he doesn't have big enough gifs.
Lame.

she was able to insult the opposition and distract from questions with non-sequitur traps, while refraining from discussing the mechanisms and approach to any actual policies.
it reminded me of this scene from Christmas story where the bully gets payback

a christmas story GIF

• Love
Reactions: Heels Noir
Regardless of who you think won the debate, Trump is going to win and I don’t think it’s going to be particularly close in the EC.

Regardless of who you think won the debate, Trump is going to win and I don’t think it’s going to be particularly close in the EC.
If the polling is correct and holds where it is for the election (which I know you don’t care) trump will win. Historically For a dem to win the EC they have to have at least a 6 point advantage in national polls.

So all of Harris' supporters love the performance because she was able to insult the opposition and distract from questions with non-sequitur traps, while refraining from discussing the mechanisms and approach to any actual policies.

The Left has become the very thing they despised in 2016.
There's nothing wrong with pointing out negatives of your opponent. And she also did state many things to sell herself.

So all of Harris' supporters love the performance because she was able to insult the opposition and distract from questions with non-sequitur traps, while refraining from discussing the mechanisms and approach to any actual policies.

Some truth to that. Sure, it's nice to see one candidate on the stage who can speak in full sentences and seldom rambles or outright makes shit up, BUT that's not a very high bar.

As a lefty, I'm resigned to (but not happy about) a mostly issue-vague campaign from the Dems. It's understandable. If you tell the truth about things like climate change, you scare people and might lose PA. So you don't.

Dems will hammer away on abortion and mostly make gentle sounds on other issues.

Will that be good enough? Beats me, but I'm nervous going into this election.

If the polling is correct and holds where it is for the election (which I know you don’t care) trump will win. Historically For a dem to win the EC they have to have at least a 6 point advantage in national polls.

Things are so polarized and divisive in this era that I think polls are interesting, but hardly perfect. Remember the 2022 red wave?

My wife's buddy does polling (cited in the NYT, etc) and they're calling it a toss-up with a slight Trump lean. They say it's all about the swing states obviously and messaging around economics. They call NC a slight Trump lean too, wouldn't be surprised if Kamala wins since it is so close. (If she carries NC she wins the whole enchilada)

Things are so polarized and divisive in this era that I think polls are interesting, but hardly perfect. Remember the 2022 red wave?

My wife's buddy does polling (cited in the NYT, etc) and they're calling it a toss-up with a slight Trump lean. They say it's all about the swing states obviously and messaging around economics. They call NC a slight Trump lean too, wouldn't be surprised if Kamala wins since it is so close. (If she carries NC she wins the whole enchilada)
The worry is that a small Dem lead in the polls probably means the Rs win. And Kamala's lead is very slim.

Some truth to that. Sure, it's nice to see one candidate on the stage who can speak in full sentences and seldom rambles or outright makes shit up, BUT that's not a very high bar.

As a lefty, I'm resigned to (but not happy about) a mostly issue-vague campaign from the Dems. It's understandable. If you tell the truth about things like climate change, you scare people and might lose PA. So you don't.

Dems will hammer away on abortion and mostly make gentle sounds on other issues.

Will that be good enough? Beats me, but I'm nervous going into this election.
Makes sense. The Dems (and Rs for that matter) are in the business of winning elections, not in the business of developing strong policies with concrete plans to implement. It used to be that you needed the latter to achieve the former, but that's no longer the case. So my issue isn't with them doing what they feel gives them the best path to a victory, I think it's more with the general electorate's trend towards not caring (or really even knowing) about the actual issues.

Dems should hammer away on abortion. It's probably the issue I'm most left on, and I can't comprehend why Republicans are so willing to die on that hill.

I'm not sure they ever despised it. Democrats aren't good at messaging policies. Trump has changed American politics for good. Appealing to the lowest common denominator is effective.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out negatives of your opponent. And she also did state many things to sell herself.
I think he did a good job of making himself look pretty unhinged. That shit about the dogs and cats is stuck on him.

But, at least he has concepts of ideas.

Does your wife laugh at your small gifs? Does she mock you for your inability to make it bigger? Like this:

i-run-things-you-get-me.gif

Stud and dud. That's me and you.
lol, what a childish and pathetic mental midget you are to believe that routinely supersizing your gifs and coloring-book emoji's somehow makes your drivel more impactful. How insecure you must be to seek to bolster your spewage with such emphasis.

You're clueless, you can't see that the giant laughing emojis you often underline your own humorless retorts with is like announcing that you're just a child vying with adults. So don't stop doing it, because you are.

Reactions: Archer2
The worry is that a small Dem lead in the polls probably means the Rs win. And Kamala's lead is very slim.
"small Dem lead in the polls probably means the Rs win" - based on what though? 2016 polling? Pollsters realized their methods had major gaps. But were those gaps fixed for 2020? errr pollsters tried new tweeks. 2022 the polling wasn't great.

A ton has changed since 2016 with regard to polling with regard to polling engagement, younger voters entering the demographic, etc. We have people like Dick Cheney voting for Harris. I'm not saying it is better or worse, just that I don't think we should expect accuracy from polls (or betting markets - which today show Harris winning the pres).

lol, what a childish and pathetic mental midget you are to believe that routinely supersizing your gifs and coloring-book emoji's somehow makes your drivel more impactful. How insecure you must be to seek to bolster your spewage with such emphasis.

You're clueless, you can't see that the giant laughing emojis you often underline your own humorless retorts with is like announcing that you're just a child vying with adults. So don't stop doing it, because you are.
The fact that my behavior gets so deep under your skin is all the satisfaction I really need. Pucker up, Boy Blunder.

ass_emoji_ass_booty_butt-512.png

Another thing about polling in this era, regarding the polarized/divisive part, is some of the insanely bad candidates down ballot. Mark Robinson is probably more of a hindrance in NC than any candidate in the past. Kari Lake for senate might actually drive more fence-sitters away from the poll or toward dems. I think polling is going to have trouble guess these types of impacts.

"small Dem lead in the polls probably means the Rs win" - based on what though? 2016 polling? Pollsters realized their methods had major gaps. But were those gaps fixed for 2020? errr pollsters tried new tweeks. 2022 the polling wasn't great.

A ton has changed since 2016 with regard to polling with regard to polling engagement, younger voters entering the demographic, etc. We have people like Dick Cheney voting for Harris. I'm not saying it is better or worse, just that I don't think we should expect accuracy from polls (or betting markets - which today show Harris winning the pres).
Polling is a snapshot, and a blurry snapshot. I think the more reliable source is the guy with the 13 keys.

Not saying you're wrong, but where did you get the 6 points from? You have a source or calculate it yourself?

Is this Senator speaking sense or is he a RINO?
It's hilarious to hear conservative after conservative morph from dropping warnings, to making statements like this, then backtracking and sucking-up, sometimes just becoming a never-trumper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT