ADVERTISEMENT

The Cole Anthony Show

I'd like to see Cole be a complete floor general and not just a scorer.

I'm sure he will be. I was comparing one game to what I'd like to see for the season.

It is false that everyone else was garbage on O, and he absolutely could have involved others more.

I made a minor critique, and didn't expect this to get so negative.

I'll drop it so we can focus on the positives, which was the point of the thread. Should have posted the comment elsewhere.

Peace

Dude if Cole doesn’t score 34 points last night we don’t even win the game.

He had to take over and that’s what it’s going to take some nights. Jesus Christ quit nitpicking, he’s the complete package.

I love watching good point guard play.

My 2 favorite college players of all time,

Kenny Smith and Greg Anthony were sitting by each other watching their sons play.

It was an awesome experience for me.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Dude if Cole doesn’t score 34 points last night we don’t even win the game.

He had to take over and that’s what it’s going to take some nights. Jesus Christ quit nitpicking, he’s the complete package.

Dude, I don't agree with you very often, but you are spot on this time...

I have a new nickname for Cole and in short it's CADA....Cole :Alpha Dog Athony!

Kid was spectacular last night against a very good Notre Dame team!

Reactions: carolinablue34
If fans would take a realistic view of what we have on this years squad, I think in the end they will come to the conclusion Cole Anthony will have to shoot more than what we are use to one guy shooting.

We don't have a great shooting guard (we have guys that can defend other shooting guards). Cole is our best driver to the bucket, I think Pierce is our best shooter, but couldn't argue if someone said Cole was.

We have a team full of role players, and I am sure some games one or multiple role players will get hot. There is no doubt in my mind Cole will find the hot hand, but if no one is hot Cole is going to take over, and "hunt" his shot.

We wanted to get a OAD player now some are upset he is doing what OAD players do?

One of the good things Cole did was to erase "He who shall not be named" from another UNC record!

This type of win is NOT sustainable, but it sure was beautiful to see! I would bet the farm that as the year progresses and others catch up, we will not need such heroics. The great news is we KNOW we have that wild card in our hand and we can play it when needed!

Reactions: Archer2
My only negative would be that winning like we did is not sustainable.

At first, that would be everyone's reasonable thought.

However, in the second half, I started to get the feeling that Cole came out in the first and was trying to get everyone involved. And then Roy went to him at halftime and said, "alright Cole, stop playing around. Go ahead and get us this win and we'll work on getting everyone involved again next game."

I almost felt that Cole can turn it on whenever he wants and completely dominate any competition. So maybe, that kind of winning is indeed sustainable.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
At first, that would be everyone's reasonable thought.

However, in the second half, I started to get the feeling that Cole came out in the first and was trying to get everyone involved. And then Roy went to him at halftime and said, "alright Cole, stop playing around. Go ahead and get us this win and we'll work on getting everyone involved again next game."

I almost felt that Cole can turn it on whenever he wants and completely dominate any competition. So maybe, that kind of winning is indeed sustainable.

He might be that good. If he is he’s a once in a decade type player. Last one like this that could take over a game was anthony davis

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Cole had 24 shot attempts but they seemed to be a quiet 24. I only saw two that I questioned. But to be honest I thought he passed up a few as well. His shots were in the flow of the game. It wasn’t like he was jacking up bad shots. Leaky and Justin have got to take the shots that are given. Leaky on a few occasions had a good look from 15-18 feet and then dribbled into the teeth of the defense to take a contested shot from around 10-12 feet. We do have a brand new team. Brand New. Of the seven players that got ample minutes there was only one player that has had real game time experience. That is Brooks of course and he was a role player playing the five mostly. Now, for this years team he is playing his natural position at the four and we need him to be more aggressive offensively. That is a whole new role for Garrison to play. Cole, Bacot, Keeling and Pierce are new to the fold as we all know. It will take time for this Team to gel but as other people have posted we just need to be patient. We were so fortunate with all of our injuries and brand new personnel that we got a Conference W right out of the gate. I am concerned about B-Rob though. Hopefully in the next 3 games and a lot more practices in the upcoming weeks the kids will gain their confidence and gel together.

We’re a Sweet 16 team that MIGHT get hot and get the right matchups to make a FF run.

i’m sure Anthony will single handedly win 6 to 10 games for us, just like Barnes did.

Reactions: superstar57
Cole will get more people involved when they demonstrate that they want the ball and are willing to take and make big shots. As 75 said, the coaches have concentrated on defense for the most part, knowing that defense and rebounding can carry the team until we get healthy, install our offensive sets, and figure out where each player can best help the team.

Cole is an alpha dog. Whether it's dropping double digit dimes, getting double digit boards, or scoring 20 points, he's going to do whatever it takes to win. Hopefully, the rest of the team will follow his lead.

Anybody else think it was interesting Roy’s quote about Cole and taking 24 shots (UNCW Postgame presser)? He said...
- he didn’t care who takes however many as long as they were good shots
- he said (prob a bit tongue-in-cheek) that if Cole is going to hit 50% like he did first game he should take 50 shots

First quote was interesting from a coaching perspective insight, second was possibly a commentary on our offense this year (at least currently).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT