ADVERTISEMENT

The Elephant in the Room

Here are a couple more recent clips (I think). Moving better. Ugly shot. Except for one pretty jump hook around 1:36 in the 2nd clip. That could be money.

The Francis kid is class of 2019. He looks worth keeping an eye on.

Last edited:
Here are a couple more recent clips (I think). Moving better. Ugly shot. Except for one pretty jump hook around 1:36 in the 2nd clip. That could be money.

The Francis kid is class of 2019. He looks worth keeping an eye on.

Not taking anything from Huffman, but his only shot is a dunk shot. Manley has several moves and is a much better free throw shooter. I'm not going to get into a back forth with fans on who is the better player at this stage and who will win the starting position, but other than a few people, no one is mentioning Manley. I think many will be surprised. I'll leave it at that for now.

Manley is a project. Any expectations on him for next season are probably too high. He should redshirt ideally as he's still getting those legs under him.

It's nothing against him, it's just that he's raw and has been hurt. Bad combo.

Manley is a project. Any expectations on him for next season are probably too high. He should redshirt ideally as he's still getting those legs under him.

Huffman is also a project.

Manley will surprise many of you. He has more skills than Huffman and all the Heels need at the 5 next season is a space eater. The kid is close to 7" and weights 260 lbs. Also, he is a good free throw shooter having hit 16-16 in game in high school last year.
I have said he same. The only question about Manley is his ability to go full bore at our pace, especially this first season. It's a shame he won't have a year to develop behind Bradley as he should have, but hey, as you said the kid is far advanced skill-wise over Huff at this point.

Reactions: viking131
I have said he same. The only question about Manley is his ability to go full bore at our pace, especially this first season. It's a shame he won't have a year to develop behind Bradley as he should have, but hey, as you said the kid is far advanced skill-wise over Huff at this point.

Meeks probably was in worst physical condition than Manley when he got to Chapel Hill. I don't care who starts at the 5 as Roy will make the best call on that. All I'm saying at this juncture is that 95% of the board has written off Manley and that may be a correct assessment. I don't agree with that assessment. No one really knows at this juncture. I just don't agree with the majority of the fans. Jonas will work with Manley and if the kid stays healthy I think he will surprise many fans. I don't think Roy expects much out of Huffman and Manley this season.

Love the progress Manley is clearly making. He has some really good basketball habits. His shot is developing, but he already plays without ego and as a true team mate. I think Manley just might surprise many fans like you all have been saying. Brooks/Huff/ Manley will have epic battles in practice and will make each other better.

Francis also is a baller and I hope we are watching him!

Meeks probably was in worst physical condition than Manley when he got to Chapel Hill. I don't care who starts at the 5 as Roy will make the best call on that. All I'm saying at this juncture is that 95% of the board has written off Manley and that may be a correct assessment. I don't agree with that assessment. No one really knows at this juncture. I just don't agree with the majority of the fans. Jonas will work with Manley and if the kid stays healthy I think he will surprise many fans. I don't think Roy expects much out of Huffman and Manley this season.
Well, you're preachin' to the choir in my case.

And Roy may not be expecting but I'll bet he's hoping. If Jonas can get Manley (literally) up to speed after those catastrophic leg injuries he's gonna have a player on his hands. Unlike a rawer project like Huff, he was a kid who was well on his way to at least top-50 status before his physical set-backs.

Again, it kills me he won't have that season behind Bradley, and what he gives us the first year is TBA, but Manley has size AND skills.

Manley played his entire senior year without injury. That is his current status. He is currently healthy.

I watched a ton of video on him...if that is him healthy last season, we are in trouble.

What I'm saying is after two as gary correctly put it, catastrophic, leg injuries he's going to need at least 2 seasons to get back. I think he will be a very solid player for us, just it's unfair to expect it next season due to his past.

Id love evidence that Manley was "on his way to top 50 status" before his injury. Best I can tell is he was ranked in the 200s before his injury and there was no sign of anyone thinking hed move up. Theres a guy on the other site who claims to have seen Manley play in almost every game in high school, and he says hes a project. A major project.

Id love to be proven wrong.

Not taking anything from Huffman, but his only shot is a dunk shot. Manley has several moves and is a much better free throw shooter. I'm not going to get into a back forth with fans on who is the better player at this stage and who will win the starting position, but other than a few people, no one is mentioning Manley. I think many will be surprised. I'll leave it at that for now.
I'm just glad to see him moving better than I had seen in the earlier clip. I was hoping the sluggishness I saw was due to where he was in the recovery process and not inherent slowness. These newer clips make me more optimistic.

His shot that I called "ugly" in an earlier post is ugly in the same way that Hansbrough's shot was ugly. Sort of a shot put motion. It worked for Hans. Maybe it will work for Stirling. But I suspect the coaching staff may want to work on his mechanics.

Huffman is also a project.
I look forward to seeing Roy try to figure out which project should get more burn.

I don't get the sense that Roy favors redshirting kids but I suspect he might have considered it for Manley if we still had Tony. But without Tony, Roy needs to find serious minutes from these 3 guys. Heck, we don't even know how many minutes Luke can give us day in and day out as a starter.

I watched a ton of video on him...if that is him healthy last season, we are in trouble.

What I'm saying is after two as gary correctly put it, catastrophic, leg injuries he's going to need at least 2 seasons to get back. I think he will be a very solid player for us, just it's unfair to expect it next season due to his past.
How does redshirting work in a case like this? Suppose, for example, Roy plays Manley for 8 games and agrees with you that he needs another year. Can he just put Manley on redshirt once he's played and is not injured?

Redshirting one of our bigs . . ? I hope not . .

The repercussions from that move might resonate w/ recruits for a very long time . .

imho

Because all of our recruits have had 2 major leg injuries before they turned 18?

I'm sure that will happen often.

Why do you get so insecure and snippy and feminine when someone asks a simple question or for proof of your claims? Stop taking it so personally and back up what you say.

You're stating with certainty that a guy barely ranked was going to be a top 50 recruit. I think it's well within my or anyone else's right to wonder why you're saying this.

Why do you get so insecure and snippy and feminine when someone asks a simple question or for proof of your claims? Stop taking it so personally and back up what you say.

You're stating with certainty that a guy barely ranked was going to be a top 50 recruit. I think it's well within my or anyone else's right to wonder why you're saying this.
I'm not insecure at all, Missy. All the "proof" you should need was posted.

I'm not insecure at all, Missy. All the "proof" you should need was posted.

Well, I posed a general question based on your post and you immediately took the defensive and went biting at my ankles instead of clear headedly answering the question. And you still can't, and there is no proof-so nevermind. I'll just chalk it up to another delusional rambling of yours.

Yeah that dude on TOS knows everything about Manley, he broke down like every game this season because he's gone to every game in the past like 3-4 years that he's been there. Guy speaks intelligently about the game also.

His word is literally the best source we have on Manley because no one has seen him more.

Not sure why some people on this site feel like they need to be the ultimate source on every player when they clearly are not.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Well, I posed a general question based on your post and you immediately took the defensive and went biting at my ankles instead of clear headedly answering the question. And you still can't, and there is no proof-so nevermind. I'll just chalk it up to another delusional rambling of yours.
Maybe one day you'll learn to listen to those who actually know something and stop your sophomoric hijacking of threads.

Maybe one day you'll learn to listen to those who actually know something and stop your sophomoric hijacking of threads.

Maybe you do know and maybe you don't-hence why I was asking for some backup for your proclamation. But once again there's nothing forthcoming so I can just presume your blowing smoke. Best I can tell is you just throw things out there like anyone can without much substance behind it.

Anyways I stand behind my posts in this thread and it would be noted that the first insult was not hurled by me.

Maybe you do know and maybe you don't-hence why I was asking for some backup for your proclamation. But once again there's nothing forthcoming so I can just presume your blowing smoke. Best I can tell is you just throw things out there like anyone can without much substance behind it.

Anyways I stand behind my posts in this thread and it would be noted that the first insult was not hurled by me.
I'm not here to justify anything to you, nor do I have any desire to. Stay away from my posts and we'll both be happy. Easy.

So basically-don't question anything you say, just buy into everything because you just know. Got it.

Sounds like megalomania.

Cool it guys!

Guys? Heelz simply asked gary to show him a something that backed up a pretty outlandish statement, what's wrong with that? Gary then got defensive and starting throwing insults.

I've seen you personally single out (and even ban) posters for doing similar things, yet with some posters it's just a "cool it guys" from you. I think we'd all prefer the moderating to be equally placed.

Thanks!

I've seen you personally single out (and even ban) posters for doing similar things, yet with some posters it's just a "cool it guys" from you. I think we'd all prefer the moderating to be equally placed.

Thanks!

Do the best I can, sorry if you don't approve.

@dadika13 what does the dude on TOS say about Manley?

Basically what was said above, that he's a huge project who doesn't look completely healthy yet. Said that there are definite signs of something there, but he struggles with running up the court consistently and doesn't have a ton of moves yet.

He thinks Manley will be productive, just not soon.

Reactions: Ned Cota
Too many elephants in this room...
elephants+cover.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT