ADVERTISEMENT

The Heels are getting ready to go on a run...

smooth as butter

Hall of Famer
Jul 23, 2002
I got a feeling they are about to go on a winning streak and make a push for at least a number 3 seed in the Ncaa tournament.

They running at practice or something? Roy's got 'em doing sprints again? I know you're not talking about winning multiple games in a row...

For any of you golfers out there, this team reminds me of the US Ryder Cup teams of the past. The team always has talent but their players have no heart/killer instinct. The Euros; Poulter, Sergio etc. play with such heart and valor for their teammates and fans and spank that ass every Ryder Cup it seems like.

I'm not saying this is one of UNC's better teams because it's not; however, it's nowhere near the roster that UNC had with the likes of Adam Morrison, Brian Boone and some of the really awful UNC teams that played just as good as this team is playing. I don't get it...

This team was never a title contender in my mind, but I don't know if they'll even make the Sweet 16 at this point.

Originally posted by smooth as butter:

I can see them making the sweet 16 and possibly final 8 If Marcus Paige leads them.
If Marcus was Marcus this year then yes. The main problem this season is that there isn't a stud on the court that can make shiz happen (i.e. what Marcus did last year).

I understand the injury perspective so I'm not blaming Marcus at all, he's a freakin warrior, but this is the problem. There isn't a single pure scorer on the team. Brice can catch and fade away, most of the time making the shot, but other then that there is absolutely 0 scorers on the team that can create their own shot.

Originally posted by RoyWilliamsCOY:
They running at practice or something? Roy's got 'em doing sprints again? I know you're not talking about winning multiple games in a row...

For any of you golfers out there, this team reminds me of the US Ryder Cup teams of the past. The team always has talent but their players have no heart/killer instinct. The Euros; Poulter, Sergio etc. play with such heart and valor for their teammates and fans and spank that ass every Ryder Cup it seems like.

I'm not saying this is one of UNC's better teams because it's not; however, it's nowhere near the roster that UNC had with the likes of Adam Morrison, Brian Boone and some of the really awful UNC teams that played just as good as this team is playing. I don't get it...

This team was never a title contender in my mind, but I don't know if they'll even make the Sweet 16 at this point.
the team where Morrison and Boone were prominent (if you can call it that) was 2001-2002 under Doherty. 8-20. A colossal embarrassment, the low point of the program in all the time I've followed it (the last 34 years).

To compare this 14-15 team to that team, and to say that 01-02 team played as good, is insulting and wrong. This team has beaten several top 25 teams and has hung within a basket of several top 10 teams. That 01-02 team would've maybe won 3-4 teams in this year's ACC if lucky. Get some real perspective.

I love the OP's enthusiasm, and hope to God they're right. We certainly should win at least 4 of the last 5, if not all. I think tomorrow's game will tell us a lot about the chances of that happening; a noon game at home versus a not very good GT team, just after the heartbreak of giving away the freaking game to dook.

If we come out flat and uninspired, but pull out an 8 - 10 point win, I'll not feel very good about us running the regular season table.

I want to see some dudes with chips on their shoulders playing like their ass is on fire, jump on GT early and never let up for a 20+ point win. Then I'll be optimistic for the remainder of the season.

This team has to realize they are good enough that Paige doesn't have to lead them. This is a good "TEAM".

Sure hope the OP is correct but it starts today by easily beating a team that should be easily beaten - TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS .. don't give Ga Tech any hope that they can win the game.

Originally posted by Heelicious:

the team where Morrison and Boone were prominent (if you can call it that) was 2001-2002 under Doherty. 8-20. A colossal embarrassment, the low point of the program in all the time I've followed it (the last 34 years).

To compare this 14-15 team to that team, and to say that 01-02 team played as good, is insulting and wrong. This team has beaten several top 25 teams and has hung within a basket of several top 10 teams. That 01-02 team would've maybe won 3-4 teams in this year's ACC if lucky. Get some real perspective.
Exactly, 8 wins then...there is no comparison.

Originally posted by TarHeelMark:
I love the OP's enthusiasm, and hope to God they're right. We certainly should win at least 4 of the last 5, if not all. I think tomorrow's game will tell us a lot about the chances of that happening; a noon game at home versus a not very good GT team, just after the heartbreak of giving away the freaking game to dook.

If we come out flat and uninspired, but pull out an 8 - 10 point win, I'll not feel very good about us running the regular season table.

I want to see some dudes with chips on their shoulders playing like their ass is on fire, jump on GT early and never let up for a 20+ point win. Then I'll be optimistic for the remainder of the season.
OK, now I'm definitely feeling better about the remaining games!

GO HEELS!

This post was edited on 2/21 2:15 PM by TarHeelMark

Originally posted by Heel Gyeah:

Originally posted by Heelicious:

Exactly, 8 wins then...there is no comparison.
That comparison is simply mindboggling!

Originally posted by ROYANDDEAN:
This team has to realize they are good enough that Paige doesn't have to lead them. This is a good "TEAM".[/B]
Final Four good to be honest.

The difference between this year and last is we don't need Marcus to score 20 for us to win, or even be in the game at the end.[/B]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT