ADVERTISEMENT

The Next 5 games

I will never except a loss due to a Guy with a man bun! I think we have the defenders to stay in his grill and we can switch off on him to tire him out. We will have to fight our instincts ad not help off of him so we will see how that goes, especially early/. Who else do they have that is a match-up problem?

Devon Hall can run hot and cold but can play, Nigel Johnson can step up. but Guy is their main threat. Salt, Diamiti are bangers inside but not big time offensive threats. Thing is thou, we seem to find a way to wet the bed when we go to Uva or GT.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
A lot of talk about Virginia so I'll chime in. They're more talented than last year's edition and have roles better suited to their personnel (i.e. they don't have to rely on an undersized pg who had trouble creating off the bounce to get a bucket). Though, all their most talented players are sophs or freshmen, so they're relatively young when compared to elite Bennett teams. And while Jerome is a tough kid, no one would feel confident about his matchup with Berry at the moment. Also they really haven't played anyone aside from at WVU, which won't change leading up to 1/6.

Interesting y'all don't mention Wilkins when talking about bigs. Dude has been in that program for what seems like forever and is pretty crafty.

Then we know that Hall and Guy will be on fire early. This team is different and it appears that either they don't know any better or just don't care because they seem to play hard no matter the circumstances. We wet the bed against MSU and the fighting Woffs set us back. But I still saw us fighting until the end in every game. I like how joy and love for each other can overcome pressure/expectations! We will know pretty early how this will go. Will at least 2 of the Big 4 have a good game? Will Cam continue to find his spot in our rotation? Will the Bigs continue their growth curve? Will we rebound/keep opponents off the offensive board? What will our bench provide? How will our shooters shoot? Answers these questions positively and we win every game! Answer positively to most of them and we have a chance in every game! (not worried about the D at all; it has proven to be consistently good)

This will be a fun ride!

Reactions: FranktheHeel
3-2 would make me happy. Win at home then steal one of those 3 tough road games.

Look fro Roy to play the "Death" line-up (Cam, Berry, Kenny, Pinson, Maye) more over the next 5 games.

Between the "death five" and the "core four" and nasty dirty dawgs my arousal level has never been higher.

A lot of talk about Virginia so I'll chime in. They're more talented than last year's edition and have roles better suited to their personnel (i.e. they don't have to rely on an undersized pg who had trouble creating off the bounce to get a bucket). Though, all their most talented players are sophs or freshmen, so they're relatively young when compared to elite Bennett teams. And while Jerome is a tough kid, no one would feel confident about his matchup with Berry at the moment. Also they really haven't played anyone aside from at WVU, which won't change leading up to 1/6.

Interesting y'all don't mention Wilkins when talking about bigs. Dude has been in that program for what seems like forever and is pretty crafty.
I don't really think of Wilkins as a Big. More of a Hybrid. What's he, 6'7 maybe? Salt's a bruiser but they don't run that much size at you as they have in past seasons from what I saw earlier.

I don't really think of Wilkins as a Big. More of a Hybrid. What's he, 6'7 maybe? Salt's a bruiser but they don't run that much size at you as they have in past seasons from what I saw earlier.
Very true, however Wilkins plays a ton at the 4 and doesn't necessarily have range out to the 3 pt line. His absence at the end of the year played a role in their embarrassing tourney exit last March.

Regardless, the sheer contrast of styles between these two teams makes their matchup one of my favorites. Especially considering their ACC performance the last 4 years or so..

The good news about UVA this season is they don't have dominant post players to overwhelm our pups. Salt is a train-wreck whom you hafta keep off the boards, but he's not an offensive force. We may actually match up with them pretty well. The challenge is playing up there as they always seem to light it up. Constant pressure on their perimeter guys is in order.

+1 ... write it down .... against us at their place, they will play over their heads. Expect it ... be ready for it ..... defense wins championships!!!

I will never except a loss due to a Guy with a man bun! I think we have the defenders to stay in his grill and we can switch off on him to tire him out. We will have to fight our instincts ad not help off of him so we will see how that goes, especially early/. Who else do they have that is a match-up problem?
Luckily Guy lost the man bun so you don't have to worry about that win or lose.

I was trying to be funny regarding we would have to play very well to go 5-0. Obviously, I failed.

Once a man-bun "boy"; always a man bun "boy"! It's a way of life more than a hairstyle!

If you really watch this tool play, he looks/acts just like a pukie!

I'm satisfied with the 3-2 record in this 5 game stretch. They had a chance to win one of the games, and lost to a top 5 team on the road. Bring on Clemson.

Biggest thing we have going for us against Clemson is NO ONE wants to be the team that loses to Clemson. NO ONE. Plus, we play better at home than on the road, so I am not as worried about this game as I have been in the past. Like when we sucked under Matt D. I definitely worried about that streak ending back then.

With that said, Clemson is MUCH better now than they have been in the last several years. They seem to be playing really good right now and I am sure they will come in ready to end this streak. Just like no one on UNC's squad wants to be the first to lose, everyone on Clemson's team wants to be the first to end the streak. And I know it will end one day, I just don't think it will tomorrow night.

I was one of the ones that thought we would go 4-1. I'm happy with 3-2, especially since we had several chances to win at FSU to achieve the 4-1 goal! I am still worried about Clemson because we have played so inconsistently. The good news to me is TP is starting to fill the stat sheet and Bird is finding a way to contribute despite being 1 or 1A on the scouting reports! If CJ and Manley continue to grow along their present learning curves, we will be a problem by ACCT time!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT