ADVERTISEMENT

There is only one Roy Williams!!!

FranktheHeel

All-ACC
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2017

http://es.pn/2xN4zqd
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...north-carolina-says-nike-never-helped-program
http://es.pn/2kfOXGp

Found these two on ESPN, really good stuff. Roy's response only further increases my admiration for him as a person and as the Head Coach of our loved Heels. This line really, really stood out to me:
"I know it looks really bad," Williams said. "I don't know. I don't enjoy that part. But to paint the entire college basketball world like this I don't think it's fair either because I don't think that's what the entire college basketball world is all about. But it was just a shock to me."
Exactly!! Thank you Roy, our Hall of Fame coach, who just said what needed to be said, what happened is terrible and shouldn't have happened, however do not blame the whole college basketball landscape for it. There are programs that do things the right way, I gotta say it- THE CAROLINA WAY!!
I am truly happy that Roy spoke about this and that he said how he has never done anything like that and even better- "NEVER EVEN DISCUSSED IT!"
God Bless Roy Williams!! It's another GDTBATH!!

I wouldn’t take another coach in the county over Roy. He’s the perfect fit & coach for UNC.
I find it hard to believe that he was all that shocked about what happened. Shoe companies pushing kids to certain schools was the worst kept secret in CBB. He’s had to of known why he’s lost certain recruits over the years. He also knows which coaches are dirty ( K,Cal & Self) but he’s old school & honors that coaching code of keeping your mouth shut.
So glad that Roy is coaching UNC & The Carolina Way is as strong as ever!

I am not at all certain Roy just kept his mouth shut about CBB and shoe $. He knows perfectly well what goes on out there.
What I do know is he is a gentleman and conducts himself as such and he chose not to participate in any of the shenanigans, ever.
Thus, the word was out that Roy "don't play that".
And yes, UNC is truly fortunate to have a Carolina person at the helm.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Part of the envy so many programs and fans have for UNC is because we have decades of being led by coaches who were HOF level as people as well as coaching! The example these men have set is not the easy path, but during times like these I sure do sleep easy!

I wonder if the pukies and kitties sleep as soundly while waiting for that sword over their programs to finally drop!

Reactions: FranktheHeel
forgive me for my interpretation-perhaps...RW was "shocked" at the FBI involvement/the steps taken to expose this corruption..and perhaps the amount of money alleged changing hands and negotiated...Hey, its good to live in your own world-an honest man can sleep well at night-wake up and work hard and work smart..besides the season is upon us and he's gearing up for greatness))))...!!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT