ADVERTISEMENT

This board....

Ozheelfan

Hall of Famer
Dec 7, 2004
As a guy who's been on here for 13 yrs (and lurked for longer) it's been disappointing to see how conversation and discussion is being lost on this board.

The last 12-13 months have been really unpleasant, all besides the 2 weeks of euphoria after the championship win.

There. I didn't swear so maybe this post won't get taken down in 2 minutes!

No doubt .. it's turned in to a pissing contest of personal attacks and bs .. not how a UNC discussion forum should be .. jmho

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
this board started going down hill a few years ago when differing opinions turned into people questioning other people's "fanhood" along with personal attacks. examples include: poster A saying, I really wish Theo would develop a jump shot, followed by poster B saying how dare you trash one of our kids; or the most famous one on here, poster A saying we really could have used a timeout right there to slow the run, followed by poster B saying how dare you question Roy, he's a hall of famer and you are an idiot behind a keyboard or possibly a dookie troll

its laughable but if you take a quick look at about 50% of the threads on here and you'd be hard pressed not to find not only 1, but a couple issues/outbursts similar to the examples above

Some of you must have been an only child. The only thing that stopped my brother and I from arguing was an ass whooping. And that only lasted until my dad was out of sight again.

Reactions: HeelzLover
this board started going down hill a few years ago when differing opinions turned into people questioning other people's "fanhood" along with personal attacks. examples include: poster A saying, I really wish Theo would develop a jump shot, followed by poster B saying how dare you trash one of our kids; or the most famous one on here, poster A saying we really could have used a timeout right there to slow the run, followed by poster B saying how dare you question Roy, he's a hall of famer and you are an idiot behind a keyboard or possibly a dookie troll

its laughable but if you take a quick look at about 50% of the threads on here and you'd be hard pressed not to find not only 1, but a couple issues/outbursts similar to the examples above

You may have hit on something here, and I would like to add another one... The Radar Boys club /Brown Nosers Kind of like a High school click even though the dudes are old..If one of those guys showed up to reply to your comment with their Captain America Baby Blue shades on then it would be war..

Sorry, but thats just being sensitive. Opinions are opinions. If people think complaining about lack of time out calls is stupid, then it's just the same as your opinion that its not. What derails every thread is the people who get mad and resort to child name calling.

Last edited:
Sorry, but thats just being sensitive. Opinions are opinions. If people think complaining about lack of time out calls is stupid, then it's just the same as your opinion that its not. What derails every thread is the people who get mad and resort to child name calling.

Sk, if you actually re read my message you'll see the examples contained both questioning of fan hood and name calling which you agree details threads so I'll assume you got my point and agree. LoL

Some of you must have been an only child. The only thing that stopped my brother and I from arguing was an ass whooping. And that only lasted until my dad was out of sight again.

Na man, was it a belt or a hanger? Me and my older bro got a mix of both. That's not the way to stop anything btw.

The game day threads are the worst. The stuff said about UNC players and Roy just leave me shaking my head. It hit its zenith after the dook loss during the 2015/2016 season. You'd have thought the Apocalypse was upon us. Of course UNC goes on to the National Championship game against 'Nova.

Check it out: https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/unc-vs-duke-game-thread-wednesday-17-feb-2016.31048/
I see nothing wrong with anything I said in that thread.

What kills the board is a few kids targeting 1 or 2 poster's every post just to pounce at every opportunity, knowing a free for all will follow. It's intentional to the point of being choreographed! A lesson in using the block poster button should be required before anybody can make their first post! 2 thread ending arguments should get you some time in the playpen.

Ppffttt, i have posted here for 2 days and already like it better than the cesspool I just came from.
All I really want is a place to discuss Tar Heel sports (hoops, football, baseball), without it becoming political, or personal vendetta's coming up. Is that really so much to ask for? haha

Peeps are getting increasingly intolerant and sensitive. People seem to equate attempts to refute their points with stifling discussion. Just because someone disagrees, even strongly with your points that doesn't mean they do not respect your right to have them! I do wish more peeps could tell the difference between critique and bashing though. Bashing is not OK no matter how you attempt to explain it!

I also came from TOS and it is a cesspool of grammar police,player/coach bashing, stupid intentional misspellings, and cliques. I hope this place never even approximates that hole!

Finally, we have allowed our site to be dragged by idiots and trolls down this sewer, and until we resist the obvious trolling, the slide won't stop! Ignore is your friend!

Peeps are getting increasingly intolerant and sensitive. People seem to equate attempts to refute their points with stifling discussion. Just because someone disagrees, even strongly with your points that doesn't mean they do not respect your right to have them! I do wish more peeps could tell the difference between critique and bashing though. Bashing is not OK no matter how you attempt to explain it!

I also came from TOS and it is a cesspool of grammar police,player/coach bashing, stupid intentional misspellings, and cliques. I hope this place never even approximates that hole!

Finally, we have allowed our site to be dragged by idiots and trolls down this sewer, and until we resist the obvious trolling, the slide won't stop! Ignore is your friend!

I came from IC. Biggest pissing contest ever.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I see nothing wrong with anything I said in that thread.

The first quote is yours, Chief. Nothing wrong? Yeah, ok

"I am so disgusted. This is the dumbest shit I have ever seen. Never give brice the ball."

This is just a sampling of what people were saying:

"Marcus is killing us and single handily losing this game"

"Fire Roy!"

"Thanks Roy. Lousy mother fn job. Give up your pay check cause you didn't coach for shit."

"Roy is a terrible coach. That is all"

"This team is an absolute embarrassment - period - what a complete bitch effort"

"The game has past Roy by. I'm sorry this is just totally inexcusable"

"Please fire Roy!!"

"Fire Roy. Can't recruit and can no longer coach. Sick of this."

"F this team."

"Stick a fork in thes boys because when it comes to a natty it isn't happening"

"What a shock!!!! Roy is outcoached again!!!!! This team is junk outside of Johnson. We are in serious trouble next year without Johnson and as usual we have no shooters. First weekend of ncaa tourney exit is coming"

"Kennedy Meeks is absolutely awful!"

"This group will NEVER see a Final Four. They'll NEVER see the ACC Championship. They will lose to Miami.

"Too many head cases on this team"

And it went on and on and on....

I mostly agree with this but unfortunately it seems some do equate disagreeing with their point to be a lack of respect and because you disagree with them they can not have respect. Some seem never to add anything to a discussion other than attempts to draw discussions into arguments, as if their only reason for existing is to start a problem and then sit back and enjoy the fall out.

And I don't get it, some seem to need to turn things in to a us vs yall groups. And they have gone as far as coming up with their own silly labels like Radarians, what was the latest one goody goody guys? Really, folks just need to grow up and act as thou they have some common sense, some degree of maturity, some actual respect.

The game day threads are the worst. The stuff said about UNC players and Roy just leave me shaking my head. It hit its zenith after the dook loss during the 2015/2016 season. You'd have thought the Apocalypse was upon us. Of course UNC goes on to the National Championship game against 'Nova.

Check it out: https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/unc-vs-duke-game-thread-wednesday-17-feb-2016.31048/
I try to stay away from game day threads. Most of that stuff is said in the heat of the moment. We have some passionate fans and sometimes you say things that you don't mean because of that. I know I've yelled some things at my TV in the heat of the moment that probably wouldn't go over well, but it's just one of those gut reaction type of things. My advice to you or anyone else who has a problem with the game day threads is to not take them too seriously or stay away from them.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Yup. I agree. I have only visited game day threads once or twice in my life! The things I read actually did lower my respect for some peeps and thus I never will look at them again!

"I am so disgusted. This is the dumbest shit I have ever seen. Never give brice the ball."

"Fire Roy!"

"Thanks Roy. Lousy mother fn job. Give up your pay check cause you didn't coach for shit."

"This team is an absolute embarrassment - period - what a complete bitch effort"

"Please fire Roy!!"

"F this team."

"What a shock!!!! Roy is outcoached again!!!!! This team is junk outside of Johnson. We are in serious trouble next year without Johnson and as usual we have no shooters. First weekend of ncaa tourney exit is coming"

"This group will NEVER see a Final Four. They'll NEVER see the ACC Championship. They will lose to Miami.

I am thinking most of these things were said during the heat of a game or directly following best said publicly. My rule is I do not post directly after or during a game, I try to sleep on it before I discuss and sometimes I need even longer! LOL

"Fire Roy!"

"Please fire Roy!!"

"F this team."

I get tired of people whining about what others say during the heat of the game. People express their fanhood in different ways. Some people only come out and comment after a loss and it doesn't make them any less a fan. Roy makes millions a year and I just doubt he really cares.

Good luck trying to influence what fans (fanatics) write about. Just chalk it up as overly-passionate fans that are just venting and focus in the post that are more level headed.

1. There are the few crazy fans that think we can go undefeated EVERY year.
2. Those that want to leave room for multiple losses and let downs because who wants the pressure of too high expectations? We will get them next year and start only seniors types.
3. And the majority that are closer to sane ones reside between #1 and #2.

These three primarily drive the conversations here, so it makes sense there would be some disillusion here-and-there.

For the record, I confess that I'm in the crazy #1 section. Irrational, yes - which is why I dont gamble.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Lol i frequent many boards repping unc and others and i can tell u guys FOR A FACT this is the most tame and least confrontational out there. Its also the least humorous.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I honestly come over here and mostly read comments. I stay on the premium because there isnt the bickering and u can actually have decent discussions of all things unc.

Who cares? It's an internet message board. Literally don't think about this site the second I click off the page.

The game threads are the best threads on this board. So what if people vent a little frustration in them? If everyone was just happy-go-lucky when the shit was hitting the fan, it would suck.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance

"Fire Roy!"

"Please fire Roy!!"

"F this team."

Because you have no idea what context is.

This is the dumbest shit ever. Never give Brice the ball.

Which is referring to the fact that Brice never got that ball in the last part of the 2nd half. Brice was like 29-17 at that point. Plumlee had 4 fouls. We stopped feeding the post. It was the dumbest shit ever that we stopped giving him the ball.

Maybe you should work on figuring out what you are reading in your holy campaign.

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
It's the trickle down effect of Kindergarten graduations and participation trophies. Saw this type of crap coming a decade ago. Not sure it will ever be cured.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT