ADVERTISEMENT

To the Tiger faithful

NENCHeel

All-American
Mar 31, 2009
You guys have been great guests this week. I hope your fans were treated equally as well in Kenan.

Also very proud of your guys and ours for playing an intense clean game with no cheap shots or trash talking. Rare in today's games. Now win out this year and until we play again.

And in the mean time, a stomped flat chicken is the ONLY good chicken.

You guys have been great guests this week. I hope your fans were treated equally as well in Kenan.

Also very proud of your guys and ours for playing an intense clean game with no cheap shots or trash talking. Rare in today's games. Now win out this year and until we play again.

And in the mean time, a stomped flat chicken is the ONLY good chicken.
Well, I like plump ones, baked.

To hear the Clemson faithful tell it we didn’t do anything it was more of them overlooking us and thinking they had an easy path to the national championship game. Do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better but I know your butthole had to be so tight in the fourth quarter you couldn’t get a pin up it.

Actually... most Clemson fans feel like we were outplayed and outcoached. Our coach said as much. We know we were lucky to escape and have a lot of work to do if we want to compete for championship. Best of luck the rest of the year.

Reactions: NENCHeel
Actually... most Clemson fans feel like we were outplayed and outcoached. Our coach said as much. We know we were lucky to escape and have a lot of work to do if we want to compete for championship. Best of luck the rest of the year.

Listen to the postgame and yes I know they are Clemson homers so they’re suppose to favor the tigers but I am happy with our play (to an extent).

Listen to the postgame and yes I know they are Clemson homers so they’re suppose to favor the tigers but I am happy with our play (to an extent).[/QUOTE
To hear the Clemson faithful tell it we didn’t do anything it was more of them overlooking us and thinking they had an easy path to the national championship game. Do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better but I know your butthole had to be so tight in the fourth quarter you couldn’t get a pin up it.
Just because Clemson people point out that we made a ton of mistakes and are still searching for our identity offensively doesn't mean North Carolina didn't play a hell of a game. You guys executed and put pressure on us all game and that's a tip of the cap to your team and coaches. The general public has no clue how hard consistently winning on the road is so I'll take our win and move on. Good luck the rest of the way. I'll be pulling for you guys.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Screw Clemson. They will be all over that little amateur radio station out of Clemson next week dreaming up one excuse after another. They always do. At the end of it I am sure they will settle on some conspiracy between UNC, Swofford, and the refs. That is what they usually do. According to them, Clemson has never truly lost a game in any sport. Just been cheated by tobacco road and the league at every turn. The central reason why they have never won a basketball game in Chapel Hill. And the absolute reason why their basketball program was put on a lengthy probation in the 70's, and why their football program was put on probation in the 80's and then was in trouble in the late 80's to the point that they had to fire Danny Ford to avoid all but the death penalty. So some can talk about what great guests they are, but they hate UNC more than anyone. Maybe even more than Duke. They are just like NC State. Never won anything without cheating. Screw Clemson

Screw Clemson. They will be all over that little amateur radio station out of Clemson next week dreaming up one excuse after another. They always do. At the end of it I am sure they will settle on some conspiracy between UNC, Swofford, and the refs. That is what they usually do. According to them, Clemson has never truly lost a game in any sport. Just been cheated by tobacco road and the league at every turn. The central reason why they have never won a basketball game in Chapel Hill. And the absolute reason why their basketball program was put on a lengthy probation in the 70's, and why their football program was put on probation in the 80's and then was in trouble in the late 80's to the point that they had to fire Danny Ford to avoid all but the death penalty. So some can talk about what great guests they are, but they hate UNC more than anyone. Maybe even more than Duke. They are just like NC State. Never won anything without cheating. Screw Clemson

Somebody’s mad about yesterday

Clemson fans are great IMO. When I went up to Clemson in ‘14 I thought it was just because they knew they were going to blast us, but I guess it’s just how they are. We were able to talk shit without people getting into fist fights in the stands.

Dude, Dabo is no Danny Ford. Like Mack, he is class personified. This post is totally out of line.

Yeah, I don't see Clemson as the bad guys. Dabo seems like the kinda guy that I'd love as my coach. Their fans - at least the ones that posted here - were cool. And from what I hear they are in person (at the games) as well. When Mack says he wants Carolina to be the Clemson of the Coastal, I'm on board with that.

Reactions: Littlejon
Yeah, I don't see Clemson as the bad guys. Dabo seems like the kinda guy that I'd love as my coach. Their fans - at least the ones that posted here - were cool. And from what I hear they are in person (at the games) as well. When Mack says he wants Carolina to be the Clemson of the Coastal, I'm on board with that.

Couldn't agree more Mark.

Dude, Dabo is no Danny Ford. Like Mack, he is class personified. This post is totally out of line.
There is a reason that Dabo getting the HC job asked advice from Mack, and there is a reason that they have remained close friends since then.

Dabo is like Danny Ford only in that each played at Bama.

Reactions: Littlejon
When we played them in the ACCCG I heard nothing but respect for UNC from clemson students and fans. And when Roy collapsed last year they gave him a resounding standing ovation when he was led off the court. I’ve never seen a reason for there to be any animosity between our fanbases.

The ones I spoke to at the game were nice and said they were impressed with our stadium and our following. I did have one fan say that when they put up Clemson fans on the jumbotron and added funny captions it was showing a lack of class. One example was a heavy set clemson fan and the caption read "He thinks "The Fridge is only a kitchen appliance." Kind of lame but some of the other ones were funny but weren't necessary. He said even scar didn't do that. I told him I had never seen them do that before and perhaps if their was enough negative feedback maybe never again. I actually thought it was funny but at the same time somewhat over the line.

When we played them in the ACCCG I heard nothing but respect for UNC from clemson students and fans. And when Roy collapsed last year they gave him a resounding standing ovation when he was led off the court. I’ve never seen a reason for there to be any animosity between our fanbases.

If the respect was, on average, mutual, there would be no animosity. But it’s not

Dude, I don't believe I mentioned Dabo. Not exactly sure what you are thinking about. But the post is absolutely true. I live amongst the orange throng in Greenville. Do you listen to their local radio sports talk station and hear their reactions to UNC? I doubt it. Do you hear the attitude of their fans on a daily basis? I doubt that also. Did the cheating under Tates Locke and Charlie Pell/Danny Ford not happen? Don't think I blamed Dabo for anything. Or do you just read half a post and assume the rest when you reply?

Somebody’s mad about yesterday

No. I truly never expected UNC to come within 30 of that team. But suddenly some UNC folks seem to think that the Clemson folks are among the most wonderful in the world. I live down her among them. I hear the talk shows. Hear it first hand every day. They hate UNC.

No. I truly never expected UNC to come within 30 of that team. But suddenly some UNC folks seem to think that the Clemson folks are among the most wonderful in the world. I live down her among them. I hear the talk shows. Hear it first hand every day. They hate UNC.

I graduated from Clemson four months ago and I never heard any trash talk about UNC from anyone. I'm sure there are some older fans who hate UNC, but the people I went to school with were quick to call UNC the real Carolina and showed a lot of respect for UNC. I wore UNC gear around campus all the time and never got any grief for it, including on game days during basketball season. In fact you might be surprised how much Carolina gear I saw on campus. Obviously it was mostly during basketball season.

I think lots of Clemson fans envy our basketball program the same way we envy their football program. We could certainly learn a thing or two about tailgating from them.

That's just my personal experience.

Reactions: NENCHeel
I graduated from Clemson four months ago and I never heard any trash talk about UNC from anyone. I'm sure there are some older fans who hate UNC, but the people I went to school with were quick to call UNC the real Carolina and showed a lot of respect for UNC. I wore UNC gear around campus all the time and never got any grief for it, including on game days during basketball season. In fact you might be surprised how much Carolina gear I saw on campus. Obviously it was mostly during basketball season.

I think lots of Clemson fans envy our basketball program the same way we envy their football program. We could certainly learn a thing or two about tailgating from them.

That's just my personal experience.
Did you also go to UNC? If not, glad to see that you've remained loyal in your fandom to the Tar Heels. Just because another school got your money, doesn't mean they deserve your support.. :D

Did you also go to UNC? If not, glad to see that you've remained loyal in your fandom to the Tar Heels. Just because another school got your money, doesn't mean they deserve your support.. :D

My goal is to go to UNC for grad school. Going to establish in-state residency first though

Hey cock fan, what are you doing over here pretending to be a Tar Heel? Yeah, you live in Greenville and are upset that you have to listen to pro Clemson radio. Guess what, it's Clemson territory. If you don't like it then move. You should be over at fgf celebrating breaking your 6 game losing streak to Kentucky or snapping your 6 game power 5 losing streak. Don't worry, we've got plenty in the tank for you come Thanksgiving. Until then keep clucking.

As a Carolina fan growing up who attended Clemson, I can weigh in on this. A lot of old time Clemson fans are bitter towards UNC and the ACC in general. They feel like the NC schools have always gotten preferential treatment and didn’t like the ACC tacking on an additional year of probation in the 80s. UNC’s avoidance of any significant punishment in the recent scandal drives every opposing fanbase a little nuts. I’m good with it because I still love Carolina basketball.

A lot of older Clemson fans view UNC fans as arrogant and snobby. I went to the game Saturday and didn’t experience any of that. Great fans and a good gameday experience. All fan bases have their jerks but you won’t find many in the UNC or Clemson fanbase.

Despite our recent football and academic ascension, some in the Clemson fanbase still have an inferiority complex. We have a lot to be proud of... it’s time we act like it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT