ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Thread (Update 6-4: Onyenso to K-State)

Once we put these two to bed, We can start monitoring flights to either Omaha or St Louis from Raleigh/ Durham right? 😊
Latest info
I asked source why no announcements yet?

My source believes strongly you can put both RJ and Cade to UNC. He says there are some reasons he cannot discuss why the announcements have not been made.

UNC made a big play for Aidoo and showed him he was a top priority. My source believed that he was tilting our way as of yesterday. He says however UNC has lots of options open to it if Aidoo does not select UNC.

Thiero...good communication..if he schedules a visit then watch for things move fast in our direction

Omoruyi.... Possible, but unlikely

Between now and next week should be interesting to see who enters the portal. We will see more options for UNC.

Watchout for Arkansas and UK to be big winners. Lots of cash to throw around and lots of positions to fill.

there’s a facebook page?

We just started focusing on the page pretty hard about six months ago, and were doing more with it about 15 months ago. It's a great vehicle to reach people, and another avenue for discourse. Though, I must admit, lots of misspelled players names in the posts. :)

Reactions: gteeitup
Latest info

My source believes strongly you can put both RJ and Cade to UNC. He says there are some reasons he cannot discuss why the announcements have not been made.

UNC made a big play for Aidoo and showed him he was a top priority. My source believed that he was tilting our way as of yesterday. He says however UNC has lots of options open to it if Aidoo does not select UNC.

Thiero...good communication..if he schedules a visit then watch for things move fast in our direction

Between now and next week should be interesting to see who enters the portal. We will see more options for UNC.

Watchout for Arkansas and UK to be big winners. Lots of cash to throw around and lots of positions to fill.

The Tyson situation is still a tad muddy as we see it. Can't say exactly why just yet, but some stuff has to be worked out for it to absolutely happen. If it does get worked out, it's hard to see him going anywhere else.

This is the story I always heard. They were friends and teammates at Oak Hill and we couldn’t take Durant because of grades/qualifying. He later went to Montrose in Maryland IIRC and we ended up with Brendan Wright. I just know that loss to Georgetown in 2007 hurt.
Yep

We just started focusing on the page pretty hard about six months ago, and were doing more with it about 15 months ago. It's a great vehicle to reach people, and another avenue for discourse. Though, I must admit, lots of misspelled players names in the posts. :)
So when can we expect to see you dancing to the UNC fight song on TikTok?

Latest info

Thanks Rex .. 😎🥁✌️

Last edited:
Reactions: chickenhunter
My apologies if this topic has been covered. Is there any information on RJ being offered a significant bump in NIL money from other programs which he rejected?

I saw someone say that they saw a source put out there that they thought Ian was upset about RJ coming back because of playing at the 2. They had supposedly mentioned something about the thought of him possibly decommitting which would obviously be him asking for his way out of his NLI. I didn't ask for the name of the source, but I know that it was on a message board. My source even said that it was just a guy on a board so he wasn't sure what to believe. My thoughts are that Ian is all in on Carolina and Coach Davis. Plus, he could play the 3 as well as the 2 anyways, and would play a lot no matter what next season. Has anyone heard anything like this at all?

Reactions: heelpharm
I saw someone say that they saw a source put out there that they thought Ian was upset about RJ coming back because of playing at the 2. They had supposedly mentioned something about the thought of him possibly decommitting which would obviously be him asking for his way out of his NLI. I didn't ask for the name of the source, but I know that it was on a message board. My source even said that it was just a guy on a board so he wasn't sure what to believe. My thoughts are that Ian is all in on Carolina and Coach Davis. Plus, he could play the 3 as well as the 2 anyways, and would play a lot no matter what next season. Has anyone heard anything like this at all?
“Source” should be a drinking game.

RJ will make Ian better more quickly - hope he is able to think it through - and trust HD.
And now Seth hounding him in practice, too? Yes please. Ian can get better really quickly if he chooses to do so.

You gotta be careful about what you take from message boards. Lots of stuff that are just insane fan theories that get construed as facts.

I saw what your “source” saw. It has zero validity.

There are a bunch of things that could happen with Ian - but the person who posted that knows nothing and they are just a nervous fan.

Reactions: Colejmann32
Ian doesn’t strike me as the type that is afraid of competition. Quite the opposite in my opinion . 😎🥁✌️

Ian doesn’t strike me as the type that is afraid of competition. Quite the opposite in my opinion . 😎🥁✌️
I certainly agree with you about Ian, but I also felt the same thing about Simeon Wilcher last year and was wrong.

Not saying I think Ian is going anywhere. Just saying that trying to nail down how kids these days are individually wired is a crapshoot.

You gotta be careful about what you take from message boards. Lots of stuff that are just insane fan theories that get construed as facts.

I saw what your “source” saw. It has zero validity.

There are a bunch of things that could happen with Ian - but the person who posted that knows nothing and they are just a nervous fan.
Okay, good deal! I figured there wasn't a whole lot of credibility there with whoever said it, but figured I would put it in here to see if any of you saw it. Glad to see that you saw the same thing and that there's no validity to it.

I can understand being concerned for how Ian may feel about the potential outlook of the roster, especially since he’s only gonna be in school a year. Personally I'm not gonna sound any alarms until someone trustworthy on this board mentions it.

With that said, I hope Ian knows there is a world where he can play a role on a deep team that provides the team with something we need while also showcasing his own talents. We just watched Stephon Castle do it perfectly.

Last edited:
I certainly agree with you about Ian, but I also felt the same thing about Simeon Wilcher last year and was wrong.

Not saying I think Ian is going anywhere. Just saying that trying to nail down how kids these days are individually wired is a crapshoot.
No doubt . Good point. 😎 🥁✌️

6 guys 120 min.
Anything is possible and I wouldn’t be caught off guard if it came to be. College basketball roster construction is a moving target.
First full practice is when I will exhale on our guard/ wing depth chart.

This may have been answered and I could’ve missed but is there any talk as to when Tyson’s stuff may get cleared ?

Also, worth noting that Jasper Johnson is from Versailles, KY, which is just a few minutes outside Lexington. It's possible he could double dip and try to visit Jasper, assuming he's home from Link.

Not saying that's what he's doing, but wouldn't rule it out.

The Malone's family of restaurants here in Lexington have a few locations and are very pro-UK athletics. Just a few weeks ago I sat in a booth next to Mitch Barnhart, who was having lunch with the guy that runs Athlete Advantage, which is a big player in their NIL oversight.

Do_Something_meme_banner_imag.jpg

Waiting on the RJ/Cade announcements is rough lol

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I'm going to pump the brakes on Cade just a bit. From what I have been told his asking price is more than any of the customers are willing to pay at this time. It will come down after his camp sees the bargaining price is not going to be met, but it will take some time for the negotiation process to level out.

I'm going to pump the brakes on Cade just a bit. From what I have been told his asking price is more than any of the customers are willing to pay at this time. It will come down after his camp sees the bargaining price is not going to be met, but it will take some time for the negotiation process to level out.
Are we actually recruiting Peja Jr? He's got us in his top 3, but there seems to have been very little discussion about him. If we end up not getting Tyson, we still have a bit of a void at the wing.

Reactions: heelpharm
Thanks for the update. We are just a smidge further down the road than we were when we started. We need a 5,4 and 3-point shooter (in that order IMO).

That at least completely translates into a basis for the delay in any commitment. Thanks for that info.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT