ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Tracker

Kyle McCord to Syracuse.

Ohio St is 11-1 this year with him starting, the only loss to #1 playoff seed Michigan. 24 TD pass, 6 INTs, completed 2/3rds of his attempts. Yet all kinds of people, Buckeye fans and fans in general, have the impression he is some kind of loser or major drop off for tOSU.

Kyle McCord to Syracuse.

Ohio St is 11-1 this year with him starting, the only loss to #1 playoff seed Michigan. 24 TD pass, 6 INTs, completed 2/3rds of his attempts. Yet all kinds of people, Buckeye fans and fans in general, have the impression he is some kind of loser or major drop off for tOSU.
I watched a lot of their games, and he missed a good number of throws against better competition. Played with a very good OL and two 1st round WR's along with one of the better RB's in the country. He's a good QB, just not OSU caliber.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohio tarheels
Very well could happen. He clearly has the ability.
I have yet to see it…In the games he played for UNC he struggled to catch the ball and get separation….He played weak competition in HighSchool…We will see what happens…

We need to find a way to get one of the Georgia DBs in the portal. thought we were looking pretty good for Greene but seems not any longer

I see it now. The reserves get a chance to play in the bowl game and two things happen. One they prove that they should’ve played more during the season. Proving the coaches can’t evaluate talent properly. Secondly they decide to transfer. Wouldn’t be surprised at all.

I see it now. The reserves get a chance to play in the bowl game and two things happen. One they prove that they should’ve played more during the season. Proving the coaches can’t evaluate talent properly. Secondly they decide to transfer. Wouldn’t be surprised at all.
Not sure it would prove much about talent evaluation. Between the opt outs and enthusiasm level, I'm guessing this will be slightly more informative than the Campbell game.

It’s not just UNC it’s everyone outside the P2…We are all the minor leagues now…
I kinda thought we could have a decent year, keep the ball rolling here and at least keep ourselves above the Wakes and UVAs. But disappointing seasons aren't going to fill our NIL coffers. Look at the number of fans who went to the bowl game. I'd be surprised if people are giving to NIL or attending as many games next yr as long as Mack is here.

So the so called portal window is very fluid it seems. Players still entering after it has closed.

I kinda thought we could have a decent year, keep the ball rolling here and at least keep ourselves above the Wakes and UVAs. But disappointing seasons aren't going to fill our NIL coffers. Look at the number of fans who went to the bowl game. I'd be surprised if people are giving to NIL or attending as many games next yr as long as Mack is
The Big Donors are the people that move the needle in NIL…Problem is their money also helps with 27 other sports at UNC…That’s why staying in the ACC is not a option unless you want to be a G5 program…If UNC were in the Big or SEC all that TV money would be used to fund the Athletic Department and the Rams Club could be all about NIL…Right now we are screwed no matter the Coach…And make no mistake it’s going to effect not just football but basketball as well…

The Big Donors are the people that move the needle in NIL…Problem is their money also helps with 27 other sports at UNC…That’s why staying in the ACC is not a option unless you want to be a G5 program…If UNC were in the Big or SEC all that TV money would be used to fund the Athletic Department and the Rams Club could be all about NIL…Right now we are screwed no matter the Coach…And make no mistake it’s going to effect not just football but basketball as well…
if this were a text i’d hit the emphasize button…this freakin sucks hanging out in this league.

I;pve been saying this day was coming since I opposed the ASC adding BC. Football is not just king; it is absolute AUTOCRAT. And football wealth and power have nothing whatsoever to do with schools being large states of TV markets. Nor even with schools that have past Championships and major awards. It is all about fans first, and then access to large pools of talent that will stay near Home. ACC leadership has been terribly flawed since its founding, and now it looks more and more like the ACC if it survives will be anything but a true Major conference. That is due to emphasis on that damned basketball.

I kinda thought we could have a decent year, keep the ball rolling here and at least keep ourselves above the Wakes and UVAs. But disappointing seasons aren't going to fill our NIL coffers. Look at the number of fans who went to the bowl game. I'd be surprised if people are giving to NIL or attending as many games next yr as long as Mack is here.
The basketball boosters do not care. They love Mack and Sally. And most of them prefer football to be mediocre. They do not want 3-9 or even 5-7 teams. But they prefer 8-4 a good deal over 11-1 teams.

I;pve been saying this day was coming since I opposed the ASC adding BC. Football is not just king; it is absolute AUTOCRAT. And football wealth and power have nothing whatsoever to do with schools being large states of TV markets. Nor even with schools that have past Championships and major awards. It is all about fans first, and then access to large pools of talent that will stay near Home. ACC leadership has been terribly flawed since its founding, and now it looks more and more like the ACC if it survives will be anything but a true Major conference. That is due to emphasis on that damned basketball.
It’s all the ACC fault and John Swofford made the deal with ESPN that has killed the league…I agree should have brought in West Virginia and left BC where they were…End of the day though that deal until 2035 or whatever was the death nail…Hopefully FSU can figure something out and blow this thing up if not it’s over…

End of the day this NIL stuff is going to hurt more people than it helps…Most of these Men will never play in the NFL….Also most have never had to pay bills or buy a house or land….Now with this how many will get a degree…

They think a Million dollars is a lot…Problem is Uncle Sam wants his…

The Adults in Charge have failed them…

Reactions: chickenhunter
Bama has lost 24 players to the Portal with 19 already finding new homes…Word is many players were taking pay cuts to play for Saban and now want to get paid…Problem is Bama NIL is broke..

I doubt this Coaching staff will last 3 years…

End of the day this NIL stuff is going to hurt more people than it helps…Most of these Men will never play in the NFL….Also most have never had to pay bills or buy a house or land….Now with this how many will get a degree…

They think a Million dollars is a lot…Problem is Uncle Sam wants his…

The Adults in Charge have failed them…
Absolutely. And not just the top tier athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT