ADVERTISEMENT

Ty Claude Recognizes His Piece In UNC's Puzzle

Sponsored by: @Andy MyPerfectFranchise.Net**

*Hate your job?

*Hate your boss?

*Ready to take control of your career?

Call Andy Luedecke to learn more. Consultation is FREE, and he can help you find your perfect franchise. He did it for himself. Dumpster & porta potties are two of his franchises, and so many different things can be yours.

Find Your Perfect Franchise at MyPerfectFranchise.Net. Contact Andy Luedecke anytime at aluedecke@myperfectfranchise.net or (404) 973-9901.

I love the cut of his jib! He understands his role and is willing to earn all he gets! He is an example of what we want in a Tar Heel. We will eventually love that he is part of the Family. His toughness, motor, and natural rebounding ability will soon make him a favorite!

Yeah I saw that the day of the game. Just wondered if anything had leaked.

I get worried about "undisclosed reasons" ever since Coach Davis used it as code for Ant Harris being academically ineligible.

All I can say at this point is we will know more by the JC Smith game. It's possible he could miss some times once the official season starts. But I don't want to jump too far ahead just yet.

Some stuff has to be worked out. Pardon my not being super specific here, but some things need to be worked out, and it's not right for me to say anything more than that for now. If there is an issue that affects him missing games, I will surely post what is going on here.
Yep. I refrained from posting anything previously for that exact reason. But now that you've broached the subject, you are taking the correct approach. Eligibility issues with last-minute waivers and transfers, etc, are always a possibility.
The only other detail I am aware of is that the staff expects him to be a part of the team this season.

The most likely reason is he took some easy classes at his previous schools to keep him eligible, and those classes did not transfer to UNC. So when recalculating his GPA using only the classes that transferred, he is below the minimum for eligibility.

Basically what happened with Sasha Killeya Jones when he tried to transfer from UK. Roy saw his transcript and chose to not even bother pursuing him as a transfer. NC State took him and he was never able to raise his GPA high enough, so he ended up turning pro without playing a game for them.

The most likely reason is he took some easy classes at his previous schools to keep him eligible, and those classes did not transfer to UNC. So when recalculating his GPA using only the classes that transferred, he is below the minimum for eligibility.

Basically what happened with Sasha Killeya Jones when he tried to transfer from UK. Roy saw his transcript and chose to not even bother pursuing him as a transfer. NC State took him and he was never able to raise his GPA high enough, so he ended up turning pro without playing a game for them.

It also helps to keep in mind he wasn't cleared for another year until late July/early August. He wasn't sure he had any college basketball left. If they can get it straightened out, they will. I will post whatever I learn in the game thread Sunday.

Reactions: gary-7
It also helps to keep in mind he wasn't cleared for another year until late July/early August. He wasn't sure he had any college basketball left. If they can get it straightened out, they will. I will post whatever I learn in the game thread Sunday.
Did he just stop going to his classes last spring at GT because he thought he wouldn't need to be eligible for this season?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT