ADVERTISEMENT

UNC seeing Orange this Winter

Tom79

Hall of Famer
Dec 2, 2002
Some writer is already a bit early with this thinking but he feels the Heels could be found in the Orange Bowl...guess we better keep playing football. Lots of season left, especially after three tough injuries to key players.

I guess winning is so unusual for UNC football that jumping the gun is to be expected.

UNC won't go to the Orange Bowl because they were 7-1 in the first week of November. There are still 4 games that require more focus than the previous 8 games. Mack Brown has NEVER won a game in Charlottesville, VA. That should be the focus.

I don't even want to begin to count the number of players that will quit on the team when it gets to whatever bowl game they play.

Reactions: khalidha
Both writers who make the bowl predictions for ESPN have us in the orange bowl right now. One of them has us facing Alabama. I don't see that going well for us, but if that matchup happens and we can keep it respectable then that would be huge for recruiting.

I don't even want to begin to count the number of players that will quit on the team when it gets to whatever bowl game they play.
I'm not sure there would be many impactful players sitting out. Downs probably would. Green as well, but who else that's any good? Most of our players that are impact players aren't draft eligible.

I'm not sure there would be many impactful players sitting out. Downs probably would. Green as well, but who else that's any good? Most of our players that are impact players aren't draft eligible.
Well... Downs is a huge impact player. He's about as integral as it gets outside of Maye.

But, as I said, we have 4 games to play and they need to be won, not speculated or overlooked dreaming of Orange.

Well... Downs is a huge impact player. He's about as integral as it gets outside of Maye.

But, as I said, we have 4 games to play and they need to be won, not speculated or overlooked dreaming of Orange.
I think the fans are allowed to speculate about bowls. It's not a big deal for us to do it. Leave the one game at a time thing to the team.

I think the fans are allowed to speculate about bowls. It's not a big deal for us to do it. Leave the one game at a time thing to the team.
Oh, they're absolutely allowed to do it. Like I said, I guess that comes with winning.

My hope, at this point, is to beat UVA and NCSU. I gotta believe that there's an "oopsie-daisy" left on the schedule. I don't want it to be either of those.

Some writer is already a bit early with this thinking but he feels the Heels could be found in the Orange Bowl...guess we better keep playing football. Lots of season left, especially after three tough injuries to key players.
If this team wins the Coastal, it will be in the Orange Bowl if Clemson gets into the playoffs, or if it beats Clemson in the ACC Championship.

Oh, they're absolutely allowed to do it. Like I said, I guess that comes with winning.

My hope, at this point, is to beat UVA and NCSU. I gotta believe that there's an "oopsie-daisy" left on the schedule. I don't want it to be either of those.
Yeah. If there must be another regular season loss, losing to Wake is much less hard to take than losing to Moo or UVA.

Reactions: Tom79
If this team wins the Coastal, it will be in the Orange Bowl if Clemson gets into the playoffs, or if it beats Clemson in the ACC Championship.
They can still win the Coastal and not be in the Orange Bowl. It comes down to who is the highest in the CFB Playoff standings at the end. If Wake wins out, they probably get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT