ADVERTISEMENT

UNC at home vs Clemson on Tuesday 6 February 2024

We even ran off the ball screens for RJ against dook to get him a shot against dook. Unless EC can make a team respect his shot, we may win the ACC regular season, we may win the ACC tourney, but we will not make the final four and will be lucky to make the sweet 16 depending on seeds and matchups.

Step back from the ledge guys. We got outplayed by an experienced desperate team on a night when our shots weren't falling. It happens.

Reactions: dtodd4475
No, no, no... it's Shit-On-Elliot tonight
No kidding! Let’s be annoyed at the freshman who the refs target vs the 25 year old brought into shoot…and isn’t hitting anything.

And minus Mando, everyone was bad in some respects and they need to get it straight before Saturday. Maybe the longer week will stick with them and they’ll come out pissed off.

Reactions: strummingram
Hope so...ec and Ryan have to be better...much better Team not prepared and it showed poor effort from everyone except mondo and rj

Reactions: JDisaheelfan
Hope so...ec and Ryan have to be better...much better Team not prepared and it showed poor effort from everyone except mondo and rj
Yeah. The guy called coach needs to put up a stop sign for shooters completely cold. Complete team loss tonight guys. No other way to call it.

Reactions: JDisaheelfan
I can live with Clemson coming out on fire and catching Carolina flat and having their best three point shooting game of the season and hanging on at winning time but to see UNC gets beat on almost every 50/50 ball and give up so many second shots opportunities makes me really worry about their mentality. Three times Girard hit a three after Clemson offensive rebound and Hall did it twice. Carolina beat Duke on Saturday the same way as they won all of the battles when it came to 50/50 balls. No excuse for not wanting it as much as Clemson did. Cannot blame the coaches but the players need to look in the mirror and take responsibility for this loss at home.

No kidding! Let’s be annoyed at the freshman who the refs target vs the 25 year old brought into shoot…and isn’t hitting anything.

And minus Mando, everyone was bad in some respects and they need to get it straight before Saturday. Maybe the longer week will stick with them and they’ll come out pissed off.
Wait... I know Mando has "records" in UNC basketball. But let's be real. He's the most overrated UNC big man in UNC history. Take a deep breath, and think, who would you really not take him over? Really? Ummm. Help me, I'm struggling with a name. Maybe Lang or Scott Williams, but that's about it. Hell, if Dayron would have not turned pro, he would have put Bacot on the bench.

Reactions: gteeitup
EC is fine his shot will come. Ryan’s stat line is where we came up short in this game. I like the way the team fault back after trailing by 16.

Next game!!
When Ryan missed that open lay up in the first half, he should have realized that he needed to be a decoy for other shooters tonight.

ok, missed trimble, and bacot is catching up to whatever, but this team is good…the problem in my brain is simple shit like rebounding and the pass from post if bacot/wash is doubled.

it’s f4 team

What was once thought of never happening has now been done 2/3 of the last times but should never have happened at all.

Reactions: CrazyHeel
Wait... I know Mando has "records" in UNC basketball. But let's be real. He's the most overrated UNC big man in UNC history. Take a deep breath, and think, who would you really not take him over? Really? Ummm. Help me, I'm struggling with a name. Maybe Lang or Scott Williams, but that's about it. Hell, if Dayron would have not turned pro, he would have put Bacot on the bench.
waiting on the Mando homers

I hate losing period but losing to a team in SC In basketball sucks big green ones. Now they are gonna think the whole state is a basketball state. I have to live with these people fans now they gonna brag like crazy.

Reactions: Heelicious
ok, missed trimble, and bacot is catching up to whatever, but this team is good…the problem in my brain is simple shit like rebounding and the pass from post if bacot/wash is doubled.

it’s f4 team
Getting and staying healthy is the most important thing for this team. They don't have the depth (that everyone says they have) to withstand injury to the starters and Trimble (preferably Washington and Withers too).

Clemson had 5 turnovers. They played a really clean game and made shots. That combination will give every team a chance against us. Fortunately, most of the teams UNC has played has either turned it over a lot or didn't shoot it well at all. Clemson played a more complete game and they deserve credit.

This doesn't change a whole lot about UNC IMO. Get healthy. Stay healthy.

It was easily Cadeau's worst game of the season, so as long as it's respectful I think its' fine. He and Ryan both struggled badly.

Gonna say if they don’t miss a shot and get all the rebounds we are done
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Seriously, what other Carolina big man do y'all take Mando over? Honest question.
No other big man in Carolina history lost to Clemson in Chapel Hill. Mando has 2 L's to Clemson in the Dome. Somebody take up for him plz... Help me see the light. Convince me he's not a paper tiger. Plz

Maybe I'm reading between the lines too much but I don't think this team is going to final 4.. 2017 team was much better and lost 7 games.. ACC was better then also. We have already lost 5 and I'd say we have a few more coming. I said on another post I predict around 8 losses. We lack 3 point shooting other than RJ and Ingram. Can't compare UConn last year to anything. UConn had such an easy path last year. This team wasn't supposed to be that great anyways. Next year was supposed to be the year for that. Hope I'm wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT