ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Staff on the road this weekend

ClintJackson1

Hall of Famer
Sep 14, 2004
Midlothian, VA
We will use this thread to post updates of where the UNC staff will be this weekend, as the first April Evaluation period starts today.

The main event will be the first leg of the Nike EYBL in Dallas, Texas, which begins tonight. Under Armour's event is also in Dallas, as well as one of the Adidas Gauntlet sessions.

We anticipate Roy Williams, as well as his staff to be out on the road, watching many of their top targets that we've talked about here. We also anticipate hearing some new names over the weekend.

Coaches will be allowed to evaluate from 5pm Friday and must be off the courts and out of the arenas by Sunday at 5pm.

Many of UNC's priority targets will be out there this weekend, including 2019's Will Baker, Armando Bacot, Matthew Hurt, Vernon Carey Jr, James Wiseman, Wendell Moore and commitment Jeremiah Francis, who is still rehabbing from his knee surgery.

Other important targets such as Texas combo forward Jalen Wilson, Trendon Watford, Josh Nickelberry, Scottie Lewis, Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Juwan Gary and Christian Brown are also on the radar.

Speaking of Baker, I spoke yesterday to his coach at Basketball University and Duke has gotten involved with the skilled 6-11 big man from Austin. Coach K is supposed to watch him in Dallas. I do believe, however, at this time, that UNC, Kansas, UCLA, Texas and Texas A&M are the main players for Baker.

Watford may be a new name for some of you, but he's a terrific and versatile talent, who at 6-8, can play outside on the wing as well as inside. I watched him play last Spring and loved him. He is VERY interested in being recruited by the Tar Heels.

Expect the UNC staff to put eyes on many sophomores and even some freshmen this weekend. Here are some of the prospects I'd anticipate

Ace Baldwin, PG
Isaiah Todd, PF/WF
Henry Coleman, PF/WF
Hunter Dickinson, C
Day'ron Sharpe, PF
Jaden Springer, WF
Jalen Cone, PG
Greg Brown PF/WF
Jeremy Roach, PG
Mark Williams, C
Cam Hayes, PG
Jalen Johnson, WF
Jalen Green, WF/SG
Scottie Barnes PF/WF

** THI will use this thread to post updates over the weekend. The Rivals guys will be out there as well as other sources in our network. It's also a great thread to post twitter tidbits as well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News