ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Memphis (ESPNU)

Withers is just terrible. 6th year in college. Can't dribble. Can't shoot. Just had a rebound taken out of his hands by a guard.

I literally laughed at two of Washington’s fouls. Never seen a player foul with their butt two times before. Heck he wasn’t even blocking out. We’ll be fine. Good to see Cade do some different things when his shot seemed off. Hd was livid when he stopped shooting it, so u know he’s got the goods. Best part is Ian may be here for a couple years. Lol

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Sort of interesting to see who played more and who played less in the 2nd half. Since no one was in foul trouble (except Withers), I assume the differences were mainly due to how well the coaches thought they were playing or other coaching considerations. Or maybe stamina?

Also interesting that everybody who played more, played better (statistically speaking).

Played More in the 2nd Half
Powell +5
Tyson +4
JWash +3

Played Less in the 2nd Half
Withers -5
Jackson -3
Lubin -3

Trimble certainly showed he deserves the minutes - in this game and in the Blue-White game. So what happens when RJ is healthy again?

I mean it's a good problem to have, but whose minutes get cut?

Or do we just play even more small ball?

Trimble certainly showed he deserves the minutes - in this game and in the Blue-White game. So what happens when RJ is healthy again?

Hard to tell by one game but I could see a Seth and RJ end of game guard lineup is EC doesn’t improve is ft percentage. I know he wasn’t the greatest last year in that aspect but at least he looks to have improved his deep ball. All three on the court would be tough to stay with, EC dishing and the other two playing their game. Defensively they would be small but they could also bug the fool out of some offenses. I love Seth’s attack mode. Great footwork has done tons for him.

Tyson's 2 halves were very different, and reinforce the idea that he'll be fine with more PT.

He shot 20% in the 1st half, 40% in the 2nd.

He shot 0% from deep in the 1st, 50% in the 2nd.

He had 3 TOs in the 1st, 1 in the 2nd.

He had 4 rebounds in the 1st, 5 in the 2nd - and led the team in rebounds.

Reactions: butter-finger

Elliot, RJ and Seth all have to start. I know that's a small line up but so be it. Seth can play bigger than his 6'3" frame because of his athleticism. I also think he can help us on the boards more so than Drake or Ian or even Cade. So for me, it's those 3 along with Washington with the 4 spot up for grabs. If I had to guess, I'll say Lubin gets that starting spot for game 1 due to his physicality. But it will be fluid.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Just put him in the lineup. He’ll figure it out.

Well we can’t put him in our lineup if he goes to ….say…..Arkansas. I’m saying he has to commit to us before we can project him in our lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT