ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Miami on Saturday 8 October 2022 game thread

Wasn’t able to watch or listen to the game yesterday but had a question. Any idea why Pettaway didn’t play? Not sure he played last game either.

DJ Jones also didn't play and they like his pass blocking. So in addition Pettaway needing to work on pass-blocking i think they're a little more happy with the combo of productivity and potential that Hood/Hampton are delivering in terms of hitting the best hole (vision/patience)

Reactions: tarheel0910
Hood seems like he's always one play away from injury, so we might need Pettaway eventually this yr. If it wasn't for the injury issue i'd probably ride Hood a tiny bit more. I think he and Hampton have been close to 50-50 sharing the last few games.

DJ Jones also didn't play and they like his pass blocking. So in addition Pettaway needing to work on pass-blocking i think they're a little more happy with the combo of productivity and potential that Hood/Hampton are delivering in terms of hitting the best hole (vision/patience)
Not really comparable as DJ Jones started the season as RB1 and had the lowest ypc of 2.0 in week 1 followed by 3 yards on 2 carries vs App St. Hampton took over the reins shortly after. Pettaway has a bright future.

Not really comparable as DJ Jones started the season as RB1 and had the lowest ypc of 2.0 in week 1 followed by 3 yards on 2 carries vs App St. Hampton took over the reins shortly after. Pettaway has a bright future.
It is pretty clear they look Hood/Hampton more right now, and part of that is pass blocking, part gap selection.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT