ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Texas A&M GAME THREAD

I agreed with you up to that. This isn't over-achieving. Getting past the Sweet Sixteen would be over-achieving.

And losing this badly is embarrassing. Losing a close one would be OK. Sad, but OK. This is not OK. Barring a great surge, this is Wofford.

Overachieved on the season. Given the season we had we should have gone to the Elite 8 or so.

Reactions: Heelicious
I agreed with you up to that. This isn't over-achieving. Getting past the Sweet Sixteen would be over-achieving.

And losing this badly is embarrassing. Losing a close one would be OK. Sad, but OK. This is not OK. Barring a great surge, this is Wofford.

This group of players has nothing to be embarrassed about. Regardless of how this season ended.

Agree with this. My expectations coming in was finishing in the top half of the ACC... Maybe a 4/5 seed and a first weekend team.

I would've been ecstatic if this team got to the second weekend.

But realistically, 26-11 (11-7) and a second round loss is probably on par for this team's talent level.

Reactions: 2000tiger
I was much more optimistic about next year when Luke was playing like a superstar. Turning next year's team into a contender will be a challenge - doable, but a challenge.

I enjoyed this season. Gonna miss Joel and Theo. Thanks for the memories. Looking forward to the future. We’ve got Roy!!

When is Late Night with Roy?

Reactions: dtodd4475
Overachieved on the season. Given the season we had we should have gone to the Elite 8 or so.
I mean.... we lost 10 games this year coming into today. I think we were a little more up and down than people think just because we ended up being a 2 seed. Elite 8 would've been an unbelievable accomplishment for this team.

I was much more optimistic about next year when Luke was playing like a superstar. Turning next year's team into a contender will be a challenge - doable, but a challenge.
Not really worried about Luke as Manle, Brooks and some Huff will allow him to get away from the basket more. My big concern is PG obviously.

I mean.... we lost 10 games this year coming into today. I think we were a little more up and down than people think just because we ended up being a 2 seed. Elite 8 would've been an unbelievable accomplishment for this team.
What's this we stuff; all yr long you have been in love with all of our opponents

Reactions: WhitePhantoms

Incredibly inconsistent but a fun ride none the less. I’m not even that disappointed because I didn’t expect a long run.

Not really worried about Luke as Manle, Brooks and some Huff will allow him to get away from the basket more. My big concern is PG obviously.

"Not concerned about" isn't good enough. We need players to be more than fine. We need a few players to be stars.

For a while, Luke looked like a star - and that was a major part of my optimism for next year. Take that away and things look a lot worse.

Roy didn’t shoot 12/36 and 1/13.

Roy drew up a great play and Manley missed a one footer.

We blame other coaches when other teams get beat so why not hold Roy accountable? We simply overlooked A&M. We got beat in every way. They embarrassed us. We just got dusted by a team from a conference that we talk ish about all the time.

In many ways, we did overachieve. Off a National Championship year, I wasn't expecting much, so that we did this good against the competition we played was a pleasant surprise. I guess, I, like many others, got our hopes up for a deeper run after the way we played at times, but we did have some glaring weaknesses and, as we used to rag dook about, when you live by the three, you die by the three. When we were hitting them, we were on like Donkey Kong. Unfortunately, tonight we weren't.

We also have to realize Texas A&M was a legit title contender early on. They had some problems with injuries and such and also didn't play their best when they should have. Now they are hitting on all cylinders and I can see them as a Final 4 team if they can keep playing like this. As a basketball fan, if I am honest, a final of Texas A&M and Villanova would be one hell of a game to watch.

Regardless of the final score tonight, I am very proud of this team and all they have accomplished this season. I am very disappointed in how it ends, but I will always love Joel and Theo for all they have done and neither should leave with their heads down. They did all they could to take us back to the Final 4, but it just wasn't enough.

Damn proud of this team and I look forward to next season and what the next Carolina team can be.

"Not concerned about" isn't good enough. We need players to be more than fine. We need a few players to be stars.

For a while, Luke looked like a star - and that was a major part of my optimism for next year. Take that away and things look a lot worse.
I meant not worried as he will be able to play more to his strengths next year and let the young bigs play at the rim.

Does Arkansas basketball have a basketball forum? They have been irrelevant for so long I wonder if it still exists.

Our worst game of the year... a game we LOST pure and simple. I really do not like A and m hope they crash and burn in the tournament.... and OH God may dook do the same.

We blame other coaches when other teams get beat so why not hold Roy accountable? We simply overlooked A&M. We got beat in every way. They embarrassed us. We just got dusted by a team from a conference that we talk ish about all the time.

You think we overlooked a team in a one and done format? Wow.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
to say we overlooked A&M is crazy. They were top 5 at beginning of year and at some point during the year. They are bigger than us at every position. Roy called it the biggest team he ever prepared for. Why on earth would he be looking past today? He NEVER does that, but especially not if he'd have a whole week to prep if we had won today.

They killed us inside on both ends, and we couldn't hit any jump shot - 3 or otherwise, to save our lives. Not too complicated.... if you don't make shots, and you get outrebounded and severely outplayed inside, no way you win.

And there's nothing any TO or coaching move could do about that. A horrible matchup for us, blended with great shooting for them, horrible for us. Accept it and move on to next year.

On the year, Roy got way more out of this team than anyone should've expected. Especially last half. Remember when we were 5-5 and looking NIT bound? I do.
To beat Dook twice, finish tied for 3rd in ACC, and play tough in ACC title game, I'll take it.

Reactions: Archer2
Bad end to an otherwise exciting season. We simply didn’t play well on any front today and got whipped. That being said, I’m hopeful in the growth of our returning players this off season and hope Roy is hitting the recruiting trail hard to get at least 2 high quality big men. We need quality size in the post to avoid being as 1 dimensional as we were this year. Thanks for the ride guys!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT