ADVERTISEMENT

Ven-Allen Lubin and North Carolina Have Contact

I like this kid a lot! We have to have a pretty good chance with the Ryan and Stack relationships involved. He could really help solidify our frontcourt rotation and wouldn't impact the other wings!

Reactions: DaSheed
An SEC big 11/6 guy is available then you have a solid rotation guy

And when you play for Vandy the other team has at the least 4 mismatches in conference play so you are earning those numbers

An SEC big 11/6 guy is available then you have a solid rotation guy

And when you play for Vandy the other team has at the least 4 mismatches in conference play so you are earning those numbers
Hope that things go very well...🏀

Last edited:
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Welcome Ven .. get Ugonna too .. Go Heels
I hope our roster is now set with the addition of Lubin. I get it 0015, concern that we lack size in our front court, I was similar conflicted when deciding on who I prefered Lubin or Onyense, I have never really felt the Hawkins to UNC stuff or the fit he may have been.

The HUGE advantage of Lubin is that Lubin covers 2 positions when Onyense and Hawkins cover only 1. With Lubin we now have our top 3 front court players with the versitility to play either the 4 or the 5, that have played both positions. Lubin may only be 6'8" but he has that 7'1" reach and weights around 230lbs. As they say, you don't block shots with the top of your head, you block them with reach, you rebound with reach. While I don't see him as a big time jump shooter especially out to trey, he does have a money mid range jumper to go with a really nice motor, looks to me like a morph between Harrison Brooks and Ingram. AJ says on his pod cast today (FYI, not the first time AJ has said this on a pod cast), that Hawkins is 6'10" and plays more like he is 6'7" while Lubin is 6'8" and play like he is 6'10", the later is the fit.

When it appeared the Lubin ship had sailed I tried to wrap my head around Onyense but 2 concerns stayed in my head. First, evidently on or just before Lubin's visit Onyense expressed his interest to Hubert, kind of seemed to polute the well for Lubin but how many days have now passed and Onyense is stil in the draft and no word at all about a UNC visit? I do think Onyense was Hubert next in line choice more than Lubin, 7ft 250 is hard not to be drawn to. The other real concern about Onyense was the guy was going to be a fixture in the lane that no one was going to guard when he stepped out of the paint, means the paint would continue to be filled with defenders and our guards not having driving lanes. You are going to have to guard Lubin's mid range, that pulls a shot blocking big man defender out of the paint, we can now do that with either Jalen or Lubin in at the 5.

I hope our roster is now set with the addition of Lubin. I get it 0015, concern that we lack size in our front court, I was similar conflicted when deciding on who I prefered Lubin or Onyense, I have never really felt the Hawkins to UNC stuff or the fit he may have been.

The HUGE advantage of Lubin is that Lubin covers 2 positions when Onyense and Hawkins cover only 1. With Lubin we now have our top 3 front court players with the versitility to play either the 4 or the 5, that have played both positions. Lubin may only be 6'8" but he has that 7'1" reach and weights around 230lbs. As they say, you don't block shots with the top of your head, you block them with reach, you rebound with reach. While I don't see him as a big time jump shooter especially out to trey, he does have a money mid range jumper to go with a really nice motor, looks to me like a morph between Harrison Brooks and Ingram. AJ says on his pod cast today (FYI, not the first time AJ has said this on a pod cast), that Hawkins is 6'10" and plays more like he is 6'7" while Lubin is 6'8" and play like he is 6'10", the later is the fit.

When it appeared the Lubin ship had sailed I tried to wrap my head around Onyense but 2 concerns stayed in my head. First, evidently on or just before Lubin's visit Onyense expressed his interest to Hubert, kind of seemed to polute the well for Lubin but how many days have now passed and Onyense is stil in the draft and no word at all about a UNC visit? I do think Onyense was Hubert next in line choice more than Lubin, 7ft 250 is hard not to be drawn to. The other real concern about Onyense was the guy was going to be a fixture in the lane that no one was going to guard when he stepped out of the paint, means the paint would continue to be filled with defenders and our guards not having driving lanes. You are going to have to guard Lubin's mid range, that pulls a shot blocking big man defender out of the paint, we can now do that with either Jalen or Lubin in at the 5.
People forget Houston lacked in size there 2 low post guys 6-7, 6-8 and will be the same. Baylor 2021 championship team low post players were 6-5, 6-8, 6-10.

People forget Houston lacked in size there 2 low post guys 6-7, 6-8 and will be the same. Baylor 2021 championship team low post players were 6-5, 6-8, 6-10.

We ran a huge breakdown of championship teams over the last decade that didn't have huge post players, etc. Its on the premium board.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT