ADVERTISEMENT

Video Game Tournament- Final Four

tarheel0910

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
Earth
The Final 4 is here. The champions of the regionals are playing for a chance to take home the ultimate crown. Vote for all choices in a single post. You have until 10:00 AM tomorrow to make your choices. As a reminder, I will not vote unless there is a tie.

Arcade/Other Region & Sega/Atari Region

#2 Mortal Kombat vs #8 Doom

Nintendo Region & PlayStation/Xbox Region

#1 Mario vs #3 Tiger Woods

I could have told you before all this began that Super Mario Bros. was the most famous/best/most influential/biggest pop culture icon and would win this thing going away. Looks like it's heading that direction. You have the Doom lobby working hard but it won't be enough to beat out Mario.

On a related note, I legit don't even know what Doom is. Never played it or even seen it being played, that I'm aware of.

I could have told you before all this began that Super Mario Bros. was the most famous/best/most influential/biggest pop culture icon and would win this thing going away. Looks like it's heading that direction. You have the Doom lobby working hard but it won't be enough to beat out Mario.

On a related note, I legit don't even know what Doom is. Never played it or even seen it being played, that I'm aware of.
So are you abstaining from the vote or is that your way of voting for Mario?

Mortal Kombat - for me, it hit right in that age range where it was more than just a game, it was pop culture. The movie was a big deal (it was pretty awful but as a 12 year old it wasn't) and when a game reaches the parents and they start to complain about it, you know you've got a good thing.

Mario - The OG. If it stopped at Mario 1 then it wouldn't be here...but they made the game better over the years and Mario 3 may be the best video game ever made for its time.

Reactions: tarheel0910

PC gamers from way back are very familar with doom. Doom never should have never made it this far. But OOTB does things a bit different, especially hijacking threads. I love MK, but im riding the doom train till it dies

Doom
Mario

PC gamers from way back are very familar with doom. Doom never should have never made it this far. But OOTB does things a bit different, especially hijacking threads. I love MK, but im riding the doom train till it dies

Doom
Mario
I'm glad you will admit that Doom shouldn't have made it this far. If we're being honest, it's a pretty terrible game that shouldn't have made the field. There's probably about 100 PC games that are better.

Reactions: Grayhead
I'm glad you will admit that Doom shouldn't have made it this far. If we're being honest, it's a pretty terrible game that shouldn't have made the field. There's probably about 100 PC games that are better.

return-of-snake-970x545.jpg

But yet, here we are. Doom in final 4 at an 8 seed.

Dang, this is tough. Vote for Mortal Kombat, which I never played or Doom, which I played a little but whose presence in the Final Four reminds me of that British ship that had to be named Boaty McBoatface because of a bunch of people who thought it would be funny to screw with the poll.

I'll just abstain from that side of the bracket and vote Mario.

Dang, this is tough. Vote for Mortal Kombat, which I never played or Doom, which I played a little but whose presence in the Final Four reminds me of that British ship that had to be named Boaty McBoatface because of a bunch of people who thought it would be funny to screw with the poll.

I'll just abstain from that side of the bracket and vote Mario.
Dont give up the fight. Let a number 8 in the finals for the 1st time

Doom has always been great, so idk what the hell you're talking about. The old ones were fantastic, and the reboots that just came out over the past few years have been spectacular.

Come on doom. By my count its tied. I know what the pansy judge will vote for if tied. LET THE PEOPLE SPEAK!!!!!

The title game is set. The favorite of the tournament makes it through easily. In the other matchup, the only two seed remaining gets the win in a close overtime game, setting up a matchup between two powerhouse franchises. Results are below.

Nintendo Region & PlayStation/Xbox Region

Mario 8-2

Arcade/Other Region & Sega/Atari Region

Mortal Kombat 5-4 (tie breaker used)

Well, doom done well till someone derailed their hopes and dreams

Mario

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT