ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 games

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Undefeated Louisville is at Moo right now. The Fighting Wufs lead 10-0 in raw 3rd. Last week, the Cards scored on its first 7 possessions. Tonight nothing at all. Is this the Moo D showing itself as excellent? Or is this the Louisville offense just not ready to pay? Or the cards offense bot having faced much D before tonight?

Take Aways from UofL at Moo:

1. When it is playing together fully, the Moo D is very tough. It can win a lot of games almost by itself.

2. The UofL D is also very tough, gritty, and it comes up with big plays and stands when it has to.

3. The Moo offense can be exploited and stifled, just stuffed. Armstrong is not nearly as comfortable there as Moo people hoped he would be with Anae as OC. He hs very few weapons to try to get the ball to.

4. Again Brohm has shown that he can size up a less than good situation at the Half and make adjustments and then take over the game. Brohm wins games as HC by actually doing all facets of coaching well. He outthinks and out-maneuvers his coaching foes.

5. #4 means that Louisville, with the easiest ACC schedule, could find itself in the Championship Game even if its team is only the 3rd or 4th best overall in the league.

Take Aways from UofL at Moo:

1. When it is playing together fully, the Moo D is very tough. It can win a lot of games almost by itself.

2. The UofL D is also very tough, gritty, and it comes up with big plays and stands when it has to.

3. The Moo offense can be exploited and stifled, just stuffed. Armstrong is not nearly as comfortable there as Moo people hoped he would be with Anae as OC. He hs very few weapons to try to get the ball to.

4. Again Brohm has shown that he can size up a less than good situation at the Half and make adjustments and then take over the game. Brohm wins games as HC by actually doing all facets of coaching well. He outthinks and out-maneuvers his coaching foes.

5. #4 means that Louisville, with the easiest ACC schedule, could find itself in the Championship Game even if its team is only the 3rd or 4th best overall in the league.

For me, the only thing that really mattered from that game is that Moo lost. State football is akin to dook basketball in my book.

Cuse RB drops poor (but catchable) pitch from QB. Clemson now 1st and Goal.

Have you seen Brennan play before?

Neither of the QBs is below average. Neither QB is great. Both Ds are very tough.
The QB for west Raleigh is below average…he had 7 TDS and 12 interceptions last year at UVA…And they paid him NIL money to come to west Raleigh…Yes both QB looked below average to me last night…

Outside the ACC, UK is all over Florida. Billy Napier's seat could be burning hot.

The QB for west Raleigh is below average…he had 7 TDS and 12 interceptions last year at UVA…And they paid him NIL money to come to west Raleigh…Yes both QB looked below average to me last night…
And what did you see at UVA last on offense to indicate that a QB should be shining? Compare what you saw of UVA's offense last year with what you saw the couple, years before. And in those years, Armstrong put up great numbers.

Cuse has cut the Tiger lead to 14-7 and just now sacked Klubnik on 3rd down. Cuse is a dangerous team.

And what did you see at UVA last on offense to indicate that a QB should be shining? Compare what you saw of UVA's offense last year with what you saw the couple, years before. And in those years, Armstrong put up great numbers.
I am looking at him now last year at UVA and this year at west Raleigh…Something happened he is not good…Below Average….Truth be told I think something happened with his arm….He was great that year at UVA and now it’s like he can’t make those throws anymore…Just seems like something is wrong…

Clemson had 4 and 2 from the 5 and Cuse D sacked Klubnik. That Orange Defense means business.

I will never be sold on the Riley brothers…USC up 48-34 in the 4th and throwing the ball….Much like Longo can’t finish games…

So I don’t like when it’s 3 and short or especially 4th and short and the qb is in the shotgun so stupid. Watching some of the GA/auburn game.

I will never be sold on the Riley brothers…USC up 48-34 in the 4th and throwing the ball….Much like Longo can’t finish games…
Does seem to be too addicted to passing. Even Make Leach knew how to run to milk clock when he had a lead later in games.

GT lost to a MAC team, which is never good for conference rankings. UVA looks helpless. Pitt may lose to VT.

I hope elko leaves very soon
I think he is the Clawson protege who may turn out to be better than his mentor. The catch now is that I bet a number of Dook boosters, especially seeing all the SMU booster money donated, will want to make certain they can keep well funded football. So they may cough up enough to keep Elko happy and not interested in jobs like Mich St. .

I think he is the Clawson protege who may turn out to be better than his mentor. The catch now is that I bet a number of Dook boosters, especially seeing all the SMU booster money donated, will want to make certain they can keep well funded football. So they may cough up enough to keep Elko happy and not interested in jobs like Mich St. .
He has them believing

Not sure who ND had at qb before but Hartman seems to be choking. I hope he proves me wrong

I would be shocked if that ankle is not broken. What a disaster for the dukies over the last minute 20 of that game. They had ND 4th and 16 and the ND QB runs for the first down. The next play the hand it off up the middle and the kids breaks it for a TD, ND up 5. then they pick up the 2pt conv going up by 7 with 31 seconds left. And as if that was not already bad enough, the duke QB drops back, is stripped sacked, and to top the bad luck run off the tackler fell on the QB's ankle and it looked bad, looked broken ankle season over. Man, talk about things blowing apart at the wrong time...

Last edited:
Reactions: bluetoe
I would be shocked if that ankle is not broken. What a disaster for the dukies over the last minute 20 of that game. They had ND 4th and 16 and the ND QB runs for the first down. The next play the hand it off up the middle and the kids breaks it for a TD, ND up 5. then they pick up the 2pt conv going up by 7 with 31 seconds left. And as if that was not already bad enough, the duke QB drops back, is stripped sacked, and to top the bad luck run off the tackler fell on the QB's ankle and it looked bad, looked broken ankle season over. Man, talk about things blowing apart at the wrong time...
even if it's a bad sprain, it's bad news. A really bad sprain could be worse than a break in terms of healing time. I know..been there, done that.

on a lighter note, did anyone else almost choke when they played 'Carolina on my Mind' over the PA system? And the oblivious announcers almost started singing it as they pointed out that we were only eight miles down the road.

on a lighter note, did anyone else almost choke when they played 'Carolina on my Mind' over the PA system? And the oblivious announcers almost started singing it as they pointed out that we were only eight miles down the road.
I must be one of the few who thought it great to hear during a Dook game on national TV as we are always in their heads.

I must be one of the few who thought it great to hear during a Dook game on national TV as we are always in their heads.
one of the few? Any Carolina fan that noticed it had to LOL, and I imagine a lot of unaffiliated football fans watching the game had to catch the wonderful irony as well.

I posted in another thread that there's no way anyone at dook allowed that to happen on purpose. Had to be a prank and my hat is off to whoever did it.

It reminds me of the time when there was a well-publicized question about the recruitment of one of dooks BB players, involving his agent (whose names aren't coming to mind) who supposedly wasn't his agent because that's illegal according to NCAA rules. Somebody sneaked into the dookie cheer apparatus and substituted some cheer cards that the dookies are famous for, with cards that had that agents name on it. In the next game at Cameron, when an opportunity to highlight that player came about, the 'crazies' started chanting the name of the agent. It doesn't get more deliciously hilarious than that.

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2
one of the few? Any Carolina fan that noticed it had to LOL, and I imagine a lot of unaffiliated football fans watching the game had to catch the wonderful irony as well.

I posted in another thread that there's no way anyone at dook allowed that to happen on purpose. Had to be a prank and my hat is off to whoever did it.

It reminds me of the time when there was a well-publicized question about the recruitment of one of dooks BB players, involving his agent (whose names aren't coming to mind) who supposedly wasn't his agent because that's illegal according to NCAA rules. Somebody sneaked into the dookie cheer apparatus and substituted some cheer cards that the dookies are famous for, with cards that had that agents name on it. In the next game at Cameron, when an opportunity to highlight that player came about, the 'crazies' started chanting the name of the agent. It doesn't get more deliciously hilarious than that.
There was a lot of negative comments on social media from Carolina fans that I read in an article about it. Either way, I thought it was great.

There was a lot of negative comments on social media from Carolina fans that I read in an article about it. Either way, I thought it was great.
wha???? Can you link to the article? Hard to believe a Carolina fan wouldn't love this. I'm speechless.

Reactions: tarheel0910
even if it's a bad sprain, it's bad news. A really bad sprain could be worse than a break in terms of healing time. I know..been there, done that.
Absolutely right about some of those bad sprains, especially the high ankle type, those things can hang around forever. Folks think, sprain, it is just a sprain, tuff it out and play, way easier said than done.

Absolutely right about some of those bad sprains, especially the high ankle type, those things can hang around forever. Folks think, sprain, it is just a sprain, tuff it out and play, way easier said than done.
yep, mine ripped ligaments in two, a tendon, blood vessels. Swelled to the size of a football before I could get to the locker room. It had to be in a cast for quite some time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT