ADVERTISEMENT

Weird Year in the CWS

Littlejon

Hall of Famer
Feb 25, 2003
I truly love college baseball more than probably any other level outside of high school and middle school. Mainly because those levels still have kids playing just because they love the game and they let their emotions fly without having to worry about "showing up" someone. As much as I love baseball, the pro game has become tedious to watch for me.

Anyway, one of the things I have always loved about baseball is the ability of a lesser know team to overcome an opponent supposedly more powerful than them on any given day. More so in baseball than any other sport because you don't have to be 6'5" and 250 pounds to be a darn good ball player. Still, this year has been the ultimate in weirdness with the way the "little guys" have dominated. I don't remember any college championship having so many top teams go down like they have this year at the CWS. Granted, I don't always pay attention to other sports, but this definitely seems to be a very weird year!

Here's a good read on this year's parity in the CWS.

MASH HERE

Let's go Kennesaw State Owls
cool0016.r191677.gif

Started a couple years ago with Stonybrook and Kent St making it to Omaha and each year it gets crazier. Only 7 of the 16
regional hosts advanced to the Supers!!!!

Sorry the Tar Heels were eliminated. Wish my home town Liberty Flames had advanced. They probably had their best team ever. Very, very happy that the SEC only got 2 out of 10 to the Super Regionals. I guess it is "Go Cavs" at this point!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT