ADVERTISEMENT

Where will the next headquarters of the ACC be?

Based on the criteria the ACC has put out so far, Charlotte looks like the best and obvious choice.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I'm in GSO, so on a selfish level I want it to stay here. But my money would be on Charlotte, which seems to make the most sense. Atlanta is SEC country so not sure if that is the best choice.

There are now more former big east schools in the ACC than original conference members, so who knows if those idiots won't somehow get HQ relocated up north somewhere (DC or NY), which would be sacrilege.

I'm in GSO, so on a selfish level I want it to stay here. But my money would be on Charlotte, which seems to make the most sense. Atlanta is SEC country so not sure if that is the best choice.

There are now more former big east schools in the ACC than original conference members, so who knows if those idiots won't somehow get HQ relocated up north somewhere (DC or NY), which would be sacrilege.
Atlanta is SEC country, so stay away. NYC is hardcore Pro Sports country, so stay away. DC now is partly Big ten country, so stay away.

Charlotte is a major airline and banking hub - the most important in each in the southeast. Charlotte hosts the ACC Championship. It's a no-brainer.

If they mess this up, the conference may be doomed.

Jesus, you people really are full of yourselves. Texas lite.
XLance may live in Greensboro.

Texas and UNC are polar opposites in many ways. Texas sat and did nothing while the SWC died. The Big 8 initially, when Arkansas left for the SEC, offered a merge into a 16 team league. Texas turned that down because Texas did not want to make that move when it was first considering a jump to the Pac. The next time the Big 8 was ready to talk to Texas, Texas wanted a 10 team league with it and A&M joining the Big 8. But word got out, and all the political clout of other SWC schools went into action.

Both Big 8 and SWC dissolved, and a brand new conference was formed. Texas demand that it have no more than 4 SWC members: UT, A&M< TTU, and Houston. Texas wanted to dump all private schools - which was stupid because Texas had feasted on them.

Texas also did nothing to save the Big 12 after the SEC came calling.

UNC has always acted to save all of the ACC.

XLance may live in Greensboro.

Texas and UNC are polar opposites in many ways. Texas sat and did nothing while the SWC died. The Big 8 initially, when Arkansas left for the SEC, offered a merge into a 16 team league. Texas turned that down because Texas did not want to make that move when it was first considering a jump to the Pac. The next time the Big 8 was ready to talk to Texas, Texas wanted a 10 team league with it and A&M joining the Big 8. But word got out, and all the political clout of other SWC schools went into action.

Both Big 8 and SWC dissolved, and a brand new conference was formed. Texas demand that it have no more than 4 SWC members: UT, A&M< TTU, and Houston. Texas wanted to dump all private schools - which was stupid because Texas had feasted on them.

Texas also did nothing to save the Big 12 after the SEC came calling.

UNC has always acted to save all of the ACC.
The more the "new" ACC schools push for change within the conference, the faster Carolina's resolve to save the conference erodes. If pushed too far UNC might decide that one of the other conference options available to the school may be more attractive than fighting battles with jealous "mates" (it certainly would pay better).

BTW, I do live in Greensboro.

The more the "new" ACC schools push for change within the conference, the faster Carolina's resolve to save the conference erodes. If pushed too far UNC might decide that one of the other conference options available to the school may be more attractive than fighting battles with jealous "mates" (it certainly would pay better).

BTW, I do live in Greensboro.
I don't think many fans of former BE schools, any more than Wuffies, ever consider that at some point UNC might get fed up with less money while hearing even more endless whining about how they all deserve whatever they desire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT