ADVERTISEMENT

Who gets ACC Coach of the Year?

Should be Coach Davis hands down…Who else????Cant be that clown 8 miles down the road…Hell he has 11 5 stars on the team…They should be undefeated…

Coach sheshitski!! The self appointed leader of men. After all, he recruited sheyerface and made him all that he has become! What would they be without him! Seriously though, it has to be Coach Davis.

I'd have to give my vote to Hubert Davis. No other ACC Coach has done anything with their respective teams that come close to the results Davis got this season compared to what he had last season.
If this year vs last year is your primary criterion then Hubert definitely belongs in the mix, and might win.

If your criterion is success following a lot of personnel turnover, then Hubert also belongs in the mix, but there are some others in the running.

If your criterion is who did the most with the least, I don't think you can expect Hubert to win on that score - because I think he assembled too nice a squad to qualify on that measure.

Another measure could be how well we did compared with how well we were expected to do. Personally, I thought we'd end up 2nd in the ACC. We're going to be 1st or 2nd. I'm not sure being 1 slot better than expected warrants COY. Then again, which teams have done better?

If this year vs last year is your primary criterion then Hubert definitely belongs in the mix, and might win.

If your criterion is success following a lot of personnel turnover, then Hubert also belongs in the mix, but there are some others in the running.

If your criterion is who did the most with the least, I don't think you can expect Hubert to win on that score - because I think he assembled too nice a squad to qualify on that measure.

Another measure could be how well we did compared with how well we were expected to do. Personally, I thought we'd end up 2nd in the ACC. We're going to be 1st or 2nd. I'm not sure being 1 slot better than expected warrants COY. Then again, which teams have done better?
All the talk of RJ being player of the year in the ACC... I got to thinking about the coaches. There has to be a COY. I looked at the conference teams, and looked at the preseason rankings, how much the better UNC is this year than last year. Who else is even close based on any measure? There are only 2 teams in the whole conference that are even ranked in the top 25. UNC has been ranked ever since they first got in... based on their own performance. And they stayed there. The ACC might get 4 teams in the NCAAT, MAYBE 5? No other ACC coach has had anywhere near the kind of season that Hubert has had. After all of that... Hubert Davis wins in a landslide.

Hubs should win it in my opinion (granted my glasses are always tinted blue!) I can see an outside chance for Capel and I can see peeps throwing a bone to Face since they are still media darlings. I really have no idea what criteria they use to choose though!

^ What Strummingram said. Hubert overachieved with three new portal players and a new freshman.
Scheyerface performed as expected (with a whole bunch of cupcakes to boost dook’s winning
percentage); Larrañaga, Forbes, Bennett, and Brownell were unspectacular. Capel did OK, but not
COY worthy.

^ What Strummingram said. Hubert overachieved with three new portal players and a new freshman.
Scheyerface performed as expected (with a whole bunch of cupcakes to boost dook’s winning
percentage); Larrañaga, Forbes, Bennett, and Brownell were unspectacular. Capel did OK, but not
COY worthy.
Scheyer has a loaded team like always.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
how much the better UNC is this year than last year.
The problem with this measure is that last year was a huge let-down. Will they really reward a coach for a big improvement when he's arguably the reason for the bad previous year?

If Wake hadn't just collapsed, I think Forbes could be a good choice, but probably not now.

I'm no Brownell fan but if Clemson beats Wake on Saturday, he could be in the running. He's done a nice job this year.

If Scheyer wins tomorrow, he probably deserves consideration.

It's Hubert or Capel for me. Only two you can make a case for. I think Hubert, and not even due to my UNC bias, at least I think not...😆

For COY I look at the teams that did much better than expected, Clearly UNC has, I think Pitt has, I think both GT and ND have. Tomorrow could give duke a share of top of the ACC but we are already there and will be there no matter what happens tomorrow night. So it has to go to Hubert, there really is not a close second but as a distant second you have to tip the hat to Capel as much as I hate it.

For COY I look at the teams that did much better than expected, Clearly UNC has, I think Pitt has, I think both GT and ND have. Tomorrow could give duke a share of top of the ACC but we are already there and will be there no matter what happens tomorrow night. So it has to go to Hubert, there really is not a close second but as a distant second you have to tip the hat to Capel as much as I hate it.
ND ? They are God awful this year. He cannot repeat this type season and last more then 1 or 2 years. Worst season ND has had in decades.

ND ? They are God awful this year. He cannot repeat this type season and last more then 1 or 2 years. Worst season ND has had in decades.
I agree that he needs to win, but ND was worse last year and lost their top 7 players. Clearly they suck, but they could have sucked worse.

OTOH, ND should have been better last year. Has there ever been a good explanation why they totally collapsed?

As one of Hubert's biggest critics in the past I think he has done an outstanding job this year, for the most part, and with the wrapping up of the ACC regular season championship he certainly deserves the ACC COY .. and it's not even close.

Getting harder and harder to deny it to Hubert. Brownell and Scheyer didn't help themselves. Capel and Forbes did, but is it enough? Forbes probably has to win the ACCT. Maybe Capel, too. And they probably have to beat us in the process. Whereas Hubert just needs not to stumble too badly. Am I forgetting anyone?

Bennett started with a weak enough team that getting this far has been an accomplishment. But is that sufficient to be in the running?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT