ADVERTISEMENT

Who leaves? Who stays? Who comes?

tcb22

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2002
I know the CWS thread has info about who is leaving but I thought I might start a new thread to keep up with our baseball team. It is so hard to follow as roster changes are not as widely reported for baseball as for football and basketball. I saw that we have evidently already picked up a pitcher from an Ivy League school. Tom Chmielewski from Princeton. Looks like lefty potential starting pitcher. Hope others will add info as players make decisions. Does anyone know what high school recruits we already have?

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Chmielewski went 6-6 with 3.40 ERA.. First Team All IVY and 3 time pitcher of week struck out 73 while only allowing 19 walks!!!

Could be an option to replace Sprague depending on Pence and Boaz availability or could be used as a leftie out of pen if Pence moves to starter or gets drafted

Reactions: tarheel0910
Ranked #31 class by PG and I’ve not seen any of the top guys in class mentioned high in draft which could be a bonus…
Class rankings for baseball are hard to judge at this point because of the rules for going straight to the pros. We could take a decent jump up depending on who goes straight to the pros for other teams. Or maybe even drop if we have some unexpected recruits go. One good thing about baseball is you have them locked in for 3 years, so if it's a good class then you are rewarded for multiple years.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I stand corrected as I’ve stated Sprague would need to be replaced but looking at the roster he was actually only a junior!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT