ADVERTISEMENT

Who's starts now...?

It's too early to make an assessment in regards to Seth, next season will determine if he will be able to contribute in a positive manner going forward. Heck I am pulling for him to be that spark plug off the bench that creates chaos for the opposing team.

Given what we know and expect... Puff, Mccoy, Nickel, Leaky, Styles, Nance for sure gone and most likely Love lost to portal or Europe (please), who is gonna start for UNC.
Getting a bit over your ski's on this one .. ask again in late November when you know who''s who in the zoo.

Reactions: Archer2
That's a great way to end up with the lowest scoring backcourt in the ACC. And if RJ has to miss any time with an injury, that's a great way to end up in the NIT.
I disagree.

Under Roy, a team that averaged over 80 points a game was almost guaranteed to be very good. Hubert isn't Roy, but I expect that will still be true.

Over 80 points per game translates into 16-17 points per position, on average.

RJ and Seth can certainly produce that.

If Wilcher is as good as advertised, he and Dunn can produce that.

Armando and his backup can certainly produce that.

So it boils down to whether Hubert can come up with players at SF and PF able to produce that.

The back court we have (assuming Seth and Dunn return) shouldn't be the problem.

Reactions: DSouthr
I disagree.

Under Roy, a team that averaged over 80 points a game was almost guaranteed to be very good. Hubert isn't Roy, but I expect that will still be true.

So it boils down to whether Hubert can come up with players at SF and PF able to produce that.

The back court we have (assuming Seth and Dunn return) shouldn't be the problem.
Wilcher is basically Dexter Strickland without the weird form on his jumpshot. Strick averaged about 5 ppg as a freshman.

You're asking a lot for Wilcher and Dunn to combine for 17 ppg. I suspect that's why Hubert is looking at guys like Nick Timberlake at SG.

I disagree.

I would have Seth and Wilcher at the point rather than RJ or Caleb if he comes back. RJ is good at creating RJ shots, I don't love him creating for others. Lot of folks worry about RJ at the 2 due to his size and sure, he may be 5'10" and he may in around 175lbs but that is one tough lil joker, one tough little weasel as his mom would say, witness his rebounds last season, many coning from deep in the paint that he just went and got. I think for the point, RJ may be about a half step slow but as a 2 guard I think he would be considered a half step quick for the position.

Jimmy Johnson always coached teams I hated (LOL) but for my money may be the best football coach ever. His plan was to feature speed/quickness/toughness, he went smaller as other teams went with size and strength. He would take a fast corner and make him a safety, a safety and make him a LB, LB and make him a DE ect. He took the quickness advantage over size and strength and was huge successful every place he coached. That is my point with RJ, is my point in suggesting Caleb at the 3 if he comes back, is as well my point with Seth at the point (I think Seth is the quickest back court guy we have more than RJ). I still want my big men big, I strongly believe that big men are the game changers.

RJ at pg
Bacot at center: Washington as the back-up

All are returning. The other spots are up for grabs.

Interested in Zayden High, the freshman coming in and whether he could nab a spot as a stretch 4.

We'll likely get some transfers. Kind of think Love may transfer out.

How good is Wilcher? Hope better than many think.

Cadeau isn't reclassifying to sit on the bench.
As athletic as Seth is he could probably play/defend the 1, 2, or 3. We don't need five good shooters on the floor. Two good shooters along with some better movement and spacing and a commitment to the Carolina break would unclog the lane for us and allow our post players to do work that they are better suited for. That and using pressure defense so we aren't so reactive. Seth reminds me of Reggie Geary from Arizona when they went to a three guard lineup in 1994. He could be a huge asset if we use him right while he develops his shot and ball handling.

Wilcher has really dropped in the rankings. He is now a 4 star. If he was going to Duke or Kentucky he would be a top 10 player but seems players always drop in rankings when committing to UNC.

I have seen a lot of 4 stars turn out to be really good, but I don't expect Wilcher to be a top freshman in the country this coming season.

I would have Seth and Wilcher at the point rather than RJ or Caleb if he comes back. RJ is good at creating RJ shots, I don't love him creating for others. Lot of folks worry about RJ at the 2 due to his size and sure, he may be 5'10" and he may in around 175lbs but that is one tough lil joker, one tough little weasel as his mom would say, witness his rebounds last season, many coning from deep in the paint that he just went and got. I think for the point, RJ may be about a half step slow but as a 2 guard I think he would be considered a half step quick for the position.

Jimmy Johnson always coached teams I hated (LOL) but for my money may be the best football coach ever. His plan was to feature speed/quickness/toughness, he went smaller as other teams went with size and strength. He would take a fast corner and make him a safety, a safety and make him a LB, LB and make him a DE ect. He took the quickness advantage over size and strength and was huge successful every place he coached. That is my point with RJ, is my point in suggesting Caleb at the 3 if he comes back, is as well my point with Seth at the point (I think Seth is the quickest back court guy we have more than RJ). I still want my big men big, I strongly believe that big men are the game changers.

That's right. We need speed and athleticism out there. You can make up for a lot of shortcomings when you have speed. Just ask Purdue :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT