ADVERTISEMENT

Wilcher

tmatheny

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2002
Watching St John's play- he isn't even getting any PT. Remind me what the backstory on why backed out at UNC and went there?

He averages about 9 min a game, 2.8 points per game. I doubt if he was at Carolina he would have half that amount of time and points.

He wasn't going to play here. Would've been a 4th guard at best. Obviously he isn't playing at St. John's either, but he had a shot there and with Ian/Drake (and probably more portal reinforcements) coming in next year he wouldn't play in 24-25 either.

I went to a St. John's game earlier this year where he barely played. He hung around in the stands after, was signing autographs and taking pictures with kids/families for like half an hour. Was by far the last one out there with the fans. He looked pretty happy; hope he is still content with his decision. No reason to have anything against the guy.

He wasn't going to play here. Would've been a 4th guard at best. Obviously he isn't playing at St. John's either, but he had a shot there and with Ian/Drake (and probably more portal reinforcements) coming in next year he wouldn't play in 24-25 either.

I went to a St. John's game earlier this year where he barely played. He hung around in the stands after, was signing autographs and taking pictures with kids/families for like half an hour. Was by far the last one out there with the fans. He looked pretty happy; hope he is still content with his decision. No reason to have anything against the guy.
All good points.
I also wonder how the chemistry would have been if he'd stuck with the Heels.... Cormac and Trimble make for a pretty good backcourt rotation with RJ and EC. Probably not room for anyone else.

Trimble probably could have transferred too. Instead he clearly worked on his game and figured out what he needs to do to make it impossible for Hubert not to play him. Wilcher decided to run away from competition. When coaches are recruiting they can decide which player they would rather have

Wojcik averages about 8.3 mins and 1.6 pts with 19% 3pt shooting
What’s your point? And I don’t mean that in a bad way. I want to know, because I can see both sides of coming or not coming to unc. 1st why would i come if a veteran like Wojcik gets exactly what’s he’s doing now. Or. 2nd, dang it I should have went to Unc because if that guy is getting those minutes I definitely could have done better. I lean toward 2nd.

Wojcik averages about 8.3 mins and 1.6 pts with 19% 3pt shooting

What’s your point? And I don’t mean that in a bad way. I want to know, because I can see both sides of coming or not coming to unc. 1st why would i come if a veteran like Wojcik gets exactly what’s he’s doing now. Or. 2nd, dang it I should have went to Unc because if that guy is getting those minutes I definitely could have done better. I lean toward 2nd.
That 8.3 is mostly from the "give 'em a look" non conference games where he got a look as a senior while they brought Cadeau along. I don't know the exact number, but I would hazzard a guess that he is around 3 to 4 minutes a game once a rotation was set, and even that 4 would be tilted from blow out minutes.

I think thier decision was vastly different. Wilcher is a freshman, with potential, not a just happy to be a UNC team legacy in his final year after a successful small level 4 years carreer.

That 8.3 is mostly from the "give 'em a look" non conference games where he got a look as a senior while they brought Cadeau along. I don't know the exact number, but I would hazzard a guess that he is around 3 to 4 minutes a game once a rotation was set, and even that 4 would be tilted from blow out minutes.

I think thier decision was vastly different. Wilcher is a freshman, with potential, not a just happy to be a UNC team legacy in his final year after a successful small level 4 years.
Makes since. I had no idea of his playing time.

Trimble probably could have transferred too. Instead he clearly worked on his game and figured out what he needs to do to make it impossible for Hubert not to play him. Wilcher decided to run away from competition. When coaches are recruiting they can decide which player they would rather have
It's a little different. Trimble was clearly going to be the third guard as a freshman, and third guard coming into this year. When he came in there was no five star guard committed (Cadeau and Jackson hadn't committed yet) and a thought Love could leave for the NBA soon. The path was open, and has been open for at least a fair amount of playing time.

For Wilcher he committed before Cadeau. At the time it seemed he could be heir apparent to RJ/Love with Seth for a backcourt spot. However, it was obvious by last spring that Cadeau/Davis were going to be the starters this year, and he'd have to have been better than a sophomore Trimble to even get backup minutes. These guys also all have more eligibility and we have another 5 star (Jackson) coming in the following year. There is no realistic path to playing even 10-15 minutes a game his first two seasons. Is that really a situation many would desire?

Trimble may have more commitment than Sim, but I don't think we can tell it just by who stayed. Seth's situation wasn't nearly as gloomy for PT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT