ADVERTISEMENT

Will Howell play Friday?

Mar 24, 2004
Early line of 6.5 makes me think the early report is he may not be playing.
Hope he plays. A National TV telecast would be a great way to end his regular season career.

So how many people will turn on Sam if he opts out of the bowl game? Can’t wait to see how this goes compared to last year.
Last year and this year aren't comparable. The biggest bowl game in UNC history vs some meaningless random bowl.

Reactions: Archer2
Last year and this year aren't comparable. The biggest bowl game in UNC history vs some meaningless random bowl.
ehhhh, I think the perspective is very different for a fan than a potential pro athlete. How many ex-athletes wear their "Orange Bowl" ring around their neck.

An opt out is still an opt out doesn’t matter the size of the bowl. According to some it’s quitting on your team. Just saying

That is true. The Orange has always been a MAJOR bowl. This year we are 6-6 and going to play in some bowl that means nothing more than being able to have 13 more practices.

Even so, I would really be pissed if Howell chose to sit if most of us hadn't been worrying all year how long it would b before that crappy Searels OL would get Howell hurt. That OL means I would be OK if Howell chose to sit in a 6-6 bowl.

i’m for letting the new qb’s run that offense in a bowl…let them get all the practice, etc.

the next time i want to see sam is in someone’s camp next summer, preferably not in the nfc east.

That is true. The Orange has always been a MAJOR bowl. This year we are 6-6 and going to play in some bowl that means nothing more than being able to have 13 more practices.
MAJOR to a fan. I just don't think the players see it that way. Heck there've been high-draft prospects who sat out the champs game for financial reasons. Notre is projected to the Orange and the Notre coach just quit - it's a business all-around for coaches and players.

Reactions: heelfan1961
MAJOR to a fan. I just don't think the players see it that way. Heck there've been high-draft prospects who sat out the champs game for financial reasons. Notre is projected to the Orange and the Notre coach just quit - it's a business all-around for coaches and players.
And what their short term view is leading to is a post-season in which everybody stays home but teams in the playoff. For the very few who make an NFL roster, that might be fine. But for the sport overall, it will only make the lack of parity worse, making the sport less interesting.

And what their short term view is leading to is a post-season in which everybody stays home but teams in the playoff. For the very few who make an NFL roster, that might be fine. But for the sport overall, it will only make the lack of parity worse, making the sport less interesting.
And to the school. That's really all that matters.
You can't force a kid to care more about a fan's feelings (esp the ones who don't show up for noon'rs) or make them care about the future of college fall more than their own livelihood and personal aspirations.

You can't force a kid to care more about a fan's feelings (esp the ones who don't show up for noon'rs) or make them care about the future of college fall more than their own livelihood and personal aspirations.
Really? That's good to know. This whole time I thought I could bend them to my will.

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2
It would probably be better to have Criswell and Maye split the reps through the bowl practice and the bowl game. Try to accelerate their development as much as possible.

That said, it would be awesome to see #7 play one more game for Carolina. I just wish it could be a competitive and meaningful one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT