ADVERTISEMENT

Will the ACC Be Better Next Year?

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
With most of the dust settled, does anyone have a feel for whether the ACC will bounce back this coming year?

Pomeroy ranked us the 7th best conference last season. Scrolling back, we've been on a slide of late:

2023 - 7th
2022 - 5th
2021 - 5th
2020 - 4th
2019 - 3rd
2018 - 2nd
2017 - 2nd
2016 - 2nd

Pomeroy ranked the ACC #1 in 2005 and 2007. It's been a while.

One of the reasons we sucked so badly as a conference last season was the number of creampuffs in the league. Six of them!

290 - Louisville
205 - FSU
170 - BC
166 - Notre Dame
161 - Ga Tech
118 - Syracuse

At the other end, only 5 ACC teams were invited to the NCAAT, with UVa's #4 being the highest seed and only Miami getting past the Round of 32. The only other team to play in the post season was Clemson, bumped out in the first round of the NIT.

We had some newish coaches. Scheyer did well as a rookie. Hubert backslid in his 2nd year, as did Forbes in his third year. Capel finally got his act together in his 5th season.

We'll have a couple of new coaches this year, following the departures of Boeheim and Brey. Am I forgetting anyone?

It certainly looks like the conference is on an uptick. A ton of talent is transferring in and the coaches are more.experienced. I bet we get back to 7-8 teams!

I don't think the ACC can be worse then last year. They were hot garbage, so some improvement I'm confident in. The past two years the non conference starts to the year have been downright awful. Avoiding a 3rd straight year of getting our asses handed to us as a league in November and the early part of December is important to the NET and RPI.

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT