ADVERTISEMENT

With Ingram, Ryan and Bacot gone will Davis need to average close to 25 points a game

Whoever starts at those positions will pick up the scoring. At this point we don't know

That's like asking if Justin Jackson will need to average 25 ppg with Marcus Paige and Brice Johnson gone.

No. It will be a group effort. RJ can score. Ian Jackson can score. Cade Tyson can shoot. Washington can shoot. You'd expect Cadeau, Powell, Trimble, and Withers to all contribute to some degree. Then we see who we add with our 3 remaining scholarships.

Whoever starts at those positions will pick up the scoring. At this point we don't know
It's not just the starters. It's a collective team effort. Like Isiah Hicks, Luke Maye, Kennedy Meeks, and Tony Bradley coming together to collectively fill the void left by 1st team All American Brice Johnson.

This is way too simplistic a way of looking at it IMO. I'm guessing Cadeau will score more. Harrison Ingram and Cormac Ryan averaged less than 13 points individually. Replacing that likely isn't a herculean effort. The frontcourt will be a wildcard.

But let's not make last year's team out to be the 2008-09 team. I really don't think any of last year's pieces are irreplaceable or generational program players. Good players, but there will be other players with good ability. Hopefully, they take advantage of their opportunity next year.

Disagtree completely. Last season's output will be more than enough.

Moreover, I will go out on a limb and say we will be better if RJ reduces his minutes somewhat and plays fresher --- ideally not having to play much (or any) at the 1.
I agree completely with every bit of that!!! Well maybe we need to discuss dissin a tree but other wise for darn sure agree! ;)

Who else will help pick up the 35 points lost
WE will have other guys step to the plate, like we ALWAYS do. Great players come and they go and how have we replaced them in the past? LOL

You tell me, if Tyson is what so many think he is, the best jump shooter in the portal and maybe the 2nd best jump shooter in the country last season, what will he do getting the same type of shots Ryan got last season? Kid seems to have good length for 6'7" and has a nice high release point on his jumper, his feet actually leave the floor, makes it hard to block or he worry about a contest, remind you of anyone? Remind you maybe of a certain former Okey Sooner shooting the ball?

I am not going to talk about Omoruyi until we secure him. Jalen will get a good deal more minutes, give this kid 18-22mins a game that I have been calling for and tell him to look for ops to take his jumper, he is going to have multiple 20pt+ games next season, mark that down and don't forget who told ya so! Cadeau will score double digits on average and flirt with double doubles every game with points and assists, mark that down as well. JWit should score near double digits on average, should does not equal WILL. Seth, strongly believe he can average double digits scoring, I think at worse we get double digits scoring from the combination of Ian and Drake and at least 1 of them will have multiple double digit games and both of them could.

I really think just from a positional look that every position we score more than last season EXCEPT from RJ's position, think that will be about the same or maybe a tad less, actually when I consider Seth in to the 2 spot that position should score a bit more than last season as well .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT