🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬇️

#Worldle #710 6/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜↘️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨➡️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↙️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

How many countries are there in the world? Just wondering when they're gonna run out and have to start repeating or changing the rules to include former configurations and/or cities.

How many countries are there in the world? Just wondering when they're gonna run out and have to start repeating or changing the rules to include former configurations and/or cities.
I don't know about how many there actually are, but you can count the ones that they have listed. And they have repeated a number of countries, but there are enough countries given to consider that remembering a country that way isn't very helpful, at least not to me. I have aced several countries on the first go round that took me multiple attempts to nail on the second (or third) offering, but the reverse is true as well.

What actually helps hugely are the direction and distance hints they give, coupled with a passable general knowledge of world geography. I got a globe and a world wall map for my tenth birthday, so I might be a little more savvy than the average bear in that regard because I've always been interested.

What kicks my ass is the cluster of smaller West Africa countries, and the island countries. My biggest problem sometimes is I can't remember a country's name when I'm trying to pick it from the list. CRS disease. I have had a problem with not recognizing a newer name of some countries. So it's definitely a learning experience. That's why I keep playing.

If I have only the outline of a country but it is shown in the context of the continent it's on and with the surrounding country outlines, I would rarely miss. As it is, I think it's a reasonable test allowing just enough luck to keep it worthwhile and interesting.

Just curious; are you playing, or just kibitzing?

They've already repeated. Because yesterday or the day before was Ukraine and I know I've done that one before. I've been playing mostly daily since the link was poasted here.

I don't know about how many there actually are, but you can count the ones that they have listed. And they have repeated a number of countries, but there are enough countries given to consider that remembering a country that way isn't very helpful, at least not to me. I have aced several countries on the first go round that took me multiple attempts to nail on the second (or third) offering, but the reverse is true as well.

What actually helps hugely are the direction and distance hints they give, coupled with a passable general knowledge of world geography. I got a globe and a world wall map for my tenth birthday, so I might be a little more savvy than the average bear in that regard because I've always been interested.

What kicks my ass is the cluster of smaller West Africa countries, and the island countries. My biggest problem sometimes is I can't remember a country's name when I'm trying to pick it from the list. CRS disease. I have had a problem with not recognizing a newer name of some countries. So it's definitely a learning experience. That's why I keep playing.

If I have only the outline of a country but it is shown in the context of the continent it's on and with the surrounding country outlines, I would rarely miss. As it is, I think it's a reasonable test allowing just enough luck to keep it worthwhile and interesting.

Just curious; are you playing, or just kibitzing?
Played a few times in the very beginning that only served to confirm what I knew already. And that is that my knowledge of world geography is simply horrible. No need to hit my brain with a hammer everyday to realize how little I know about something. I just wondered how long before you stopped due to the repeats was all.

Played a few times in the very beginning that only served to confirm what I knew already. And that is that my knowledge of world geography is simply horrible. No need to hit my brain with a hammer everyday to realize how little I know about something. I just wondered how long before you stopped due to the repeats was all.
sorry if I overdid it, I was just trying to cover all the bases. I'll just say that if you want to learn some geography, this isn't a bad way to go about it. For instance, now I know where Lesotho is, even though I don't care any more than before.

#Worldle #715 X/6 (85%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜➡️
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜➡️

#Worldle #723 6/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬆️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↙️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

#Worldle #726 6/6 (100%)
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜⬅️
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↗️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

#Worldle #729 X/6 (90%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜↗️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬆️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬆️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬆️
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜↖️
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜↖️

only I could screw up this badly. I just noticed that I somehow failed to play Friday. So as I always do in these instances I just changed the date on my computer and went to the site, and lo and behold the puzzle I skipped has the easiest possible answer, the United States. DOH!

#Worldle #728 1/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT