ADVERTISEMENT

11 out of the last 14???

Nov 27, 2010
This just seems unreal to me..I'm sure we were the better team in many of those loses...rotation sucks, why do we play 11 ppl, w/o pressing? I'm sorry fellas, frustrated rant.

Reactions: jah420
The fact is you could switch the teams and Roy would still have lost 11 out of 14. K is just better than Roy at coaching and getting the most of his players. Now given there have been some horrendous officiating errors last few years that have essentially allowed Duke to win, but last night, that was not the case. Just poor coaching and poor play and effort.

Reactions: Bur-Heel
Bilas was wondering about the lack of intensity on D. When he said that - late 1st or early 2nd half - I thought we were looking pretty good on D. But what do I know?

I also wonder why we don't press a lot - given our depth and decent speed. I suspect it's because the guys Roy wants to have on the floor most aren't the guys who are the best pressers.

What I don't understand is why we didn't focus on Plum3 after he returned with 4 fouls. Did we run any plays at him? Is it because Kennedy lacks a strong motor?

And speaking of Plum3, credit where credit is due. If Brice hadn't been the obvious MVP, Plumlee certainly deserved it.

What is it about these Plums that they seem mediocre until they are seniors and then look very good?

[QUOTE="

What is it about these Plums that they seem mediocre until they are seniors and then look very good?[/QUOTE]

Superior coaching by Coach K and having a coachable mindset by the player himself.

Reactions: dbav
They look good against us because they play hard. We continue to recruit bigs lately that at the sight of contact or physicality they run the other way. The Plumlees are sorry as hell talent wise but they give max effort every single play which makes them effective. We on the other have have lots of talent, but no fight. To put it nicely, we have a bunch of pussies.

Reactions: Bur-Heel and jah420
K coaches to be strong and play hard and doesn't accept less. Roy's philosophy isn't the same. If you already HAVE an instinctive determination when you get there, like Tyler Hansbrough, for example, then it's just there.

I look at the talent and overall abilities of the players on this team, and I see one guy that has talent and determination- Brice Johnson. Maybe, just maybe Isaiah Hicks. The rest of that team fades in-and-out of effective play from game to game, and sometimes within the game. Some have even totally faded away- Meeks, for example. He is playing to his namesake.

Williams isn't even recruiting well enough anymore. Look at this year's class- Luke Maye and Kenny WIlliams. No show-stoppers in that pair.

K has consistently brought in phenomenal players and into a school that is tough to get in, to boot. He's probably the best coach in college basketball since Dean retired. You gotta give credit where it's due. You may hate his tactics, strategies, etc.. But, the man coaches winning teams. He has 5 national championships. I'm very envious of them, honestly.

Roy was just out coached once again. The big fella didn't get a sniff of the ball in the last 7-8 when he was unstoppable. I believe this one will haunt Roy for a long long time. No TO to draw up something for the big fella... It's not hard to see why kids are choosing Dook over us. They see what the difference is...

Reactions: Bur-Heel
One side has a good bench coach and one side doesn't and that's why it's 11 losses out of 14. Roy won many games with superior talent from being a great recruiter. Well, his recruiting has dropped off and his coaching isn't good enough to make up for it.

Reactions: Bur-Heel and jah420
We need a new direction with the team overall. Last few years have consistently produced same results, same issues. I appreciate the two NC's under Roy but we are not able to get the numerous 5 star recruits he needs to win big games. Roy has to have a deep talented bench that all he really has to do is sub in and out without much drop off in talent. Nowadays coaches get one and done and put a good mix around them and contend for NC. I thought going te long route with upper class laden players would work since this year there are no power houses. I was wrong, we are the same team with the same issues from past three yeares with the exception of Brice emerging as a star. Never imagined Marcus would regress but I think he needs the ball in his hands and move Joel shooting guard or 1st off the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT