ADVERTISEMENT

15 fouls to use on Bagley tomorrow night

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I can be just as confident as any Carolina fan but after watching Bagleys last 2 games against UNC and Notre Dame I just see no way Pinson or Maye can hold him down so I see no other way but to let the three big men for Carolina take turns beating him up and wearing him out down low.

Let's be honest here Bagley is a tremendous player and a load in the blocks and only players close to his size are going to be able to possibly slow him down some.

If Bagley has a hole in his offensive game it is he is not Joel Berry at the free throw line so I would rather foul him hard and force him to earn his points from the line. Does not need to be like a hack a shack but if the team has 15 fouls to give I say use them all until Maye is forced to play in the middle.

Reactions: Archer2
I can be just as confident as any Carolina fan but after watching Bagleys last 2 games against UNC and Notre Dame I just see no way Pinson or Maye can hold him down so I see no other way but to let the three big men for Carolina take turns beating him up and wearing him out down low.

Let's be honest here Bagley is a tremendous player and a load in the blocks and only players close to his size are going to be able to possibly slow him down some.

If Bagley has a hole in his offensive game it is he is not Joel Berry at the free throw line so I would rather foul him hard and force him to earn his points from the line. Does not need to be like a hack a shack but if the team has 15 fouls to give I say use them all until Maye is forced to play in the middle.

Let Huffman use ALL of his fouls on Bagley in short order.

After a night to think about it I HAVE NOT changed my mind. Carolina big men need to mug Bagley all night and let him know he cannot camp out down low in the blocks...

Personally, I'm of the opinion of "if they're gonna win, they're gonna do it at the free throw line. Make Bagley and Carter put the ball on the floor. Do NOT give them ANYTHING in the paint playing straight up, but for the love of all that is good, DO NOT collapse on penetration!!!

Okay that works, what do we do with Carter? The same I hope.

You have to hold Carter and Bagley to less than 40 points combined to beat them. Even at that level, you are in a dog fight/danger zone but have a chance. If they get more, it's lights out.

You have to hold Carter and Bagley to less than 40 points combined to beat them. Even at that level, you are in a dog fight/danger zone but have a chance. If they get more, it's lights out.
I disagree. I think the key to this game is rebounding, not necessarily Duke's interior scoring.

That and turnovers. Both teams thrive off second chance points. But if Bagley and Carter crash the glass all night it could be a long game for us.

If we do the same then I think we have a good shot.
Fair enough. Turnovers are likely just as important as rebounding. I also think UNC needs to find a way to soften up Duke's zone in the middle so that Duke players collapse allowing UNC to get open 3 point looks (which they will have to make). I am so tired of listening to Jay Bilas but he's right when he says that Duke is okay giving up 2 point fgs.

Keep using the facilitator (Theo), camp him at the elbow and spread 'em and use cutters. I see the vaunted man defense has been abandoned by the blue evils and the LOM.

Unless Luke is on (which I doubt he will be tonight), Theo and Cam need to be camping out around the FT to hit that 10-15 jumper or pass. Hopefully Luke doesn't play scared tonight and slows down and plays with confidence. Luke's first couple shots need to fall. We need to consistently hit that short jumper to draw their bigs out so then they can drop it off for an easy layup.

I think Luke has got to be on from the outside to hopefully bring out some of their bigs to guard him .. might open up some rebound / 2nd chance ops on the offensive end. Defensively .. tougher .. hard fouls on their interior bigs .. be active on defense to disrupt passing lanes and STAY ON THE 3 PT SHOOTERS !! They will get their points inside just don't let them rain uncontested 3's. And give the blue/white team some stretches on the floor together !! jmho

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT