ADVERTISEMENT

2015-16 UNC Record predictions

If we can pull off 2 of the 4 of SC, GT, Miami, and VT we could have a special season. I think that is truly possible, most likely with the wins coming against SC and VT.

Made yourself some Kool-Aid with extra sugar?

Been thinking about the W/L predictions for awhile, and the more I think about the season, the more I just cannot see us beating GT. Their style of offense exploits all of our defensive shortcomings (especially DLine), and their defense won't be as bad this year. Plus there's the Atlanta drought and the fact that we never play well in our first ACC game (generally because it's against Tech).

I just don't see it. The offense will have to perform at like 95% efficiency to win that game, IMO. You can easily make a case that GT is the best team on our schedule and it isn't even that close....

Reactions: gteeitup
You can easily make a case that GT is the best team on our schedule and it isn't even that close....

i smell what you're cookin...makes me even more upset that paul johnson and that style has been representing the division in the acccg.

maybe this is the year for the tar heels in all sports, minus women's basketball.

i smell what you're cookin...makes me even more upset that paul johnson and that style has been representing the division in the acccg.

maybe this is the year for the tar heels in all sports, minus women's basketball.
Agreed, but I don't think they'll be in the ACCG game this year. FSU AND Clemson, plus their whole Coastal slate....I think that's a bridge too far for the Yellow Jackets. They might beat FSU or Clemson, but I don't think they'll beat both. And they'll drop one to someone they shouldn't like Pitt or Duke or Virginia because they always seem to do that once a year. IMO, their season hinges on if they can beat Miami, VT, and us. If they go 2-3 out of that three-team grouping, they may be in Charlotte again this December.

I mean, the Coastal is WIDE open this year. 5-3 could absolutely win it, or win a share.

Reactions: gteeitup
The timing on GT's schedule wont do them any favors either. They to play Notre Dame, Dook, Us, Clem, Pitt, FSU, and UVA in a 6 week stretch which will be brutal. They could conceivably lose any of those games except for probably UVA, and there's no BYE week in that stretch to rest players or get them back from injuries. Of course the ND doesn't count on the conference record but it will still likely be a slug fest that will take something out of them. There's also a pretty good chance they'll be somewhat overlooking us with the Clemson game the next week.

Then they get a BYE week and have to close with VT, Mia, and UGA. That's freakin' brutal. Not to mention the fact that the team that is picked by the media as the Coastal favorite pretty much always underachieves.

If VT loses 1 or 2 out of their first three (Pitt, NCSux, Miami) that will take a lot of pressure off of us in the GT game.

Miami starts with FSU, VT, and Clemson. They could easily lose 2/3 or even all three there and be pretty much knocked out from the start.

On the other hand we start with GT, Wake, UVA, and Pitt, and Dook. We'll be heavy favorites against Wake and UVA, and Dook, and probably slightly favored against Pitt depending on how well we start. 3/5 should be the minimum, but 4/5 wins is VERY realistic IMO. And to be fair, we beat GT last year so you cant completely rule out the upset in ATL.

Since I didn't write my prediction on this thread, no one can disprove that I called everything perfectly!
i_knew_it.gif

Yep. I look dumb lol.
Nobody in the country predicted our D would be turned around this quickly. If this D played exactly like last year's D, same missed tackles, same out of position players almost every play, same defeatist attitude, we'd be no better than 7-4 now.

If Chizik is not at least a finalist for the Broyles Award, then the committee is composed of dolts.

10-3

South Carolina Charlotte, N.C.- W
North Carolina A&T Chapel Hill, N.C. - W
Illinois Chapel Hill, N.C. - W
Delaware Chapel Hill, N.C. - W
Georgia Tech * at Atlanta, Ga. - L
Wake Forest * Chapel Hill, N.C. - W
Virginia * Chapel Hill, N.C. - W
Pittsburgh * at Pittsburgh, Pa. - W
Duke * Chapel Hill, N.C. - W
Miami * Chapel Hill, N.C. - W
Virginia Tech * at Blacksburg, Va. - L