ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Atlanta Braves thread

We need to stop starting pitchers in their hometowns. First Newcomb in Boston, now Soroka in Toronto.
Yeah Soroka just didn't have it tonight. I'm not worried at all. He's 20. These types of starts will happen.

I'm just thankful his bad night happened on a night where the Braves staked him to a big lead.

So @coolwaterunc your thoughts on the Nats making the move for RP Herrera from the Royals (who's really friggin good, btw)? How would you like the Braves to respond, if at all?
They got a closer, so good for them? Honestly, I don't really have any thoughts on it. If we take care of our business, then their closer won't matter. I would like for us to get some bullpen help as well, and I'm sure that's one of the things AA is going to look into. I don't have any names though since I don't know who anyone is or who is available.

They got a closer, so good for them? Honestly, I don't really have any thoughts on it. If we take care of our business, then their closer won't matter. I would like for us to get some bullpen help as well, and I'm sure that's one of the things AA is going to look into. I don't have any names though since I don't know who anyone is or who is available.
They got a closer, yes, but it has the double effect of making their bullpen better because they can move Doolittle down to the 8th inning and it shrinks the game.

For bullpen arms, now that Herrera is off the table, I would like the Braves to get Raisel Iglesias from the Reds. He's their closer.

I just wanted to poast in this thread because I never have. But I also wanted you all to know that I hate this thread. I get sick of seeing it. I wish it and any stupid Atlanta Braves fans would just GFT.

I just wanted to poast in this thread because I never have. But I also wanted you all to know that I hate this thread. I get sick of seeing it. I wish it and any stupid Atlanta Braves fans would just GFT.
It's not limited to just the Braves. There are also dumb Boston and NYY fans that post. You can also talk generally about baseball. Things like how stupid the DH is and how anyone who thinks Trout isn't the best player in the game has no clue.

It's not limited to just the Braves. There are also dumb Boston and NYY fans that post. You can also talk generally about baseball. Things like how stupid the DH is and how anyone who thinks Trout isn't the best player in the game has no clue.

You can also talk about how stupid it is to have pitchers run bases and hit ;)

Happ has gotten through 2 innings on 19 pitches. This game will be over by 2.

ETA: Totally missed Zuk homering. Damn Facebook.

Last edited:
Really weird outing for Happ so far. He's poasting some dominant strikeouts (just fanned Freddie on three high fastballs) but then every so often, a batter will come up and smash one.

If all you guys have as a reason is that it goes against the “purity” of the game then we will just agree to disagree.
What other reason is needed? Why are the DH and the pitcher the only two who get the luxury of not having to play in the field.

You want a real-world example: Kyle Schwarber from the Cubs. He's always been on the plump side and, since Rizzo is the mainstay at 1B, Schwarber's playing time was limited because he wasn't fit enough to play outfield every day. As a result, Schwarber worked in this past offseason to change his body and slim down so he could play ~every day in LF.

The DH in the American League is just a lazy way of fixing that problem. Can't find a spot for a hitter who is fat or can't play defense? Stick him at the DH.

It's dumb.

Annibal was doing fine until he last inning get away from him. This kinda feels like a game we're destined to take an L in, but I'll never count out this year's team from a game.

And I'd be fine with splitting a series 1-1 where we have to travel internationally for 2 dang games, one being at noon the second day.

You're probably not going to be supportive of my poasting here. Because I'm an AL guy and I don't really care to watch pitchers with a .168 batting average step to the plate. I'm also a casual Sox fan. Used to be a die hard but then two things happened: (1) the Sox won the World Series and it became less fun to root for them and (2) baseball became more boring to me. I don't really watch any MLB now until August at the earliest.

But from the little knowledge I have, Mike Trout is easily the game's best player.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
What the **** does that mean? Flexibility? Surely you can do better than that.

If a player does need time to recuperate before playing in the field every day he can be used as a DH. If a team wants to give one of their every day fielders a day off it’s an option. If you don’t want your pitchers pulling both hamstrings while posting a .055 batting average it’s an option.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT