ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 Bowl Games Thread

Burrow against Ohio State would be a cool story heading into the game.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there is far less roughing the passer calls in college football

Clemson doesn’t appear to be playing a prevent defense with all the blitzing they are still doing.

We already have enough of the media sucking the SEC's dick. We don't need anymore.
I really don't care. The Orange needs to experience some humility. I'm sick of Dabo giving God the Glory for his wins, like it's some reward for obedience and preferential treatment. Getting on TV and throwing out all that pretentious faith is the antithesis of what is taught in Scripture. All teams, all armies, are praying for victory. If God is really so vapid that "He" has a favorite team, then there's no divinity.

Reactions: Tall Squirrel
I really don't care. The Orange needs to experience some humility. I'm sick of Dabo giving God the Glory for his wins, like it's some reward for obedience and preferential treatment. Getting on TV and throwing out all that pretentious faith is the antithesis of what is taught in Scripture. All teams, all armies, are praying for victory. If God is really so vapid that "He" has a favorite team, then there's no divinity.
Um..... ok.

Please cite where he’s ever said it was “reward for obedience and preferential treatment”. And who are you to say his faith is “pretentious”?

What a take on something that is so innocent.

Go easy on the flu meds.

LSU will get LB Michael Divinity back for the Championship game. He has been away from the team while dealing with a personal issue.

So I'd didn't watch osu game but apparently they had a fumble recovery td that was controversially overturned.

All I can say to that is..... BWAHAHHAHAHA.

Yeah, they are blaming the refs for the loss. I guess they forgot about the pass interference call against Miami in 2002.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Please cite where he’s ever said it was “reward for obedience and preferential treatment”. And who are you to say his faith is “pretentious”?

What a take on something that is so innocent.
That is my interpretation of that kind of religious grandstanding when people win a sporting competition. I'm explaining how it's disingenuous. Of course he's never actually said "hey! God let's us win because whenever I get the chance, I offer up this token verbal gesture." That's never going to happen. And, of course, my perspective is not popular.

I'm rather sick of Clemson, in general. And, I'm DEFINITELY sick from this flu. Don't take my comments personally, ever, especially when I'm referring, specifically, to someone else. I love the upstate, but the Clemson presence is a pain in the butt. Swinney, for some reason, comes off... to me... as kind of a jerk.

Reactions: Tall Squirrel

EXACTLY!

That is my interpretation of that kind of religious grandstanding when people win a sporting competition. I'm explaining how it's disingenuous. Of course he's never actually said "hey! God let's us win because whenever I get the chance, I offer up this token verbal gesture." That's never going to happen. And, of course, my perspective is not popular.

I'm rather sick of Clemson, in general. And, I'm DEFINITELY sick from this flu. Don't take my comments personally, ever, especially when I'm referring, specifically, to someone else. I love the upstate, but the Clemson presence is a pain in the butt. Swinney, for some reason, comes off... to me... as kind of a jerk.

He is. He’s fake. He’s a borderline cult leader.

Reading my social media pages with all my friends from Ohio has kept me laughing all night.... 2 of the 3 calls they are complaining about were not even controversial according to the rule book but none of them want to hear that!!! Now the reversal on the fumble was 50/50 but they don’t care that with they should have been up 28-0 before Clemson woke up!!!

Reactions: MWHeels

I sense you're tired of Clemson's success, I get it. But from what I can gather from people who have interacted directly with the man, he is considered anything but disingenuous, especially with regards to his religious beliefs.

Christians are coming under attack more and more these days as the world becomes a more secular place. It's maddening to me.

I sense you're tired of Clemson's success, I get it. But from what I can gather from people who have interacted directly with the man, he is considered anything but disingenuous, especially with regards to his religious beliefs.

Christians are coming under attack more and more these days as the world becomes a more secular place. It's maddening to me.
I'm not "attacking Christianity." If anything, I'm calling-out Pharisee behavior. But, I'm not going to derail the thread any more. Sorry for sharing the opinion.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Judge not lest you be judged?
I really don't understand one team thanking God for the win, God was helping one team over another? Why? I think God has bigger things to worry about. If you lose , does God hate you? I think dabo is a great coach, for sure.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT