ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting thread

Yeah, from what I hear from multiple spots, Styles on the rise are argile and BLUE! LOVE love love those kids that WANT to be Tar Heels, Styles WANTS to be a Tar Heel and WANTS to play for Roy! Jump shooting is a question but it was for George Lynch as well and he turned out pretty darn well!

So what are yall's comps for Styles? I'm thinking like a PF version of JP Tokoto. He's pretty similar to CJ Walker too, a recruit who went to Oregon last year.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Just watch the Christian Dawkins documentary to get a small sample of what type of person Sean Miller is. He is the maybe the sleaziest in college basketball and nobody does less with more than him. Arizona should be embarrassed to stick with such an underachiever after all the cheating he has done.

Love would have been nasty here. I love watching a big man who can pass! I miss watching Kennedy Meeks. Those two guys are ridiculous outlet passers.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I just worry since Miller is involved. As someone said in an earlier post, he’s desperate, no telling what he’s willing to do to win a recruit.

There are always good players to be found. The key is to not waste scholarships. A player should only be signed at UNC if he projects to contribute to an NCAA title

Reactions: Tom79
Rumors that the G-league was courting these guys with some big time offers. Somewhere in the ballpark of $500K plus shoe deals.
I had no idea the G-League was allowed to offer those amounts. Sounds like a big change from the D-League. I seem to recall that modest 5-figure wages were the norm, and had the impression they were capped. But I could be wrong about that.

That's going to hurt. I think we have underestimated the loss that seventh's transfer caused last season. Hopefully you're right and we get Walton but once again we have no experienced backup at the point. A lot of talent but nobody who's been there and done that at the most difficult position in our system to learn.
Maybe we'll see a big step forward by the Baby Jet. I'm rooting for him!

Last edited:
IF Francis were to transfer, that would leave us an extra scholarship, right?

Another grad transfer?? I think it's great that a blue Steele member gets a scholly but coming off a year like last year and all of the uncertainty related to injury recovery, we need all the talent we can get.

I hate to lose Francis and I pray he is able to find the health to showcase his real skill set!

Good fortune, Family!

Jerimiah’s departure opens up another scholly.
Some have said they’d like Roy to look for a PG....

I personally would prefer he find a project big, Garrison is gone and likely one or two others from next season’s front court. He could target either a transfer with 2-3 yrs of eligibility, or a kid ranked top 100 if there are any still around.

Grad transfer is a short term fix which won’t help depth beyond the coming season.

Jerimiah’s departure opens up another scholly.
Some have said they’d like Roy to look for a PG....

I personally would prefer he find a project big, Garrison is gone and likely one or two others from next season’s front court. He could target either a transfer with 2-3 yrs of eligibility, or a kid ranked top 100 if there are any still around.

Grad transfer is a short term fix which won’t help depth beyond the coming season.
Alrdy have 5 bigs on the roster for 13 schollys. You want 6 of the 13 scholarship players to be bigs????

Alrdy have 5 bigs on the roster for 13 schollys. You want 6 of the 13 scholarship players to be bigs????
Yup.

As I said above, Garrison graduates, I believe two of Sharpe, Bacot and Kessler will leave too. Manley is a big unknown.

So with a view to 21/22 it’d be good to have some extra experience in the front court.

I’m not saying Roy needs a star player for that spot, rather a Garrison 2.0... a development big who’d produce in his 2nd or 3rd year at the Hill.

That's going to hurt. I think we have underestimated the loss that seventh's transfer caused last season. Hopefully you're right and we get Walton but once again we have no experienced backup at the point. A lot of talent but nobody who's been there and done that at the most difficult position in our system to learn.
Maybe we'll see a big step forward by the Baby Jet. I'm rooting for him!

Are you saying that UNC is NOT out of the WOODS yet?

-Asking for a friend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT