ADVERTISEMENT

2020 recruiting thread

It's pretty late in the game (2020 class) to be scrambling to find quality recruits. Maybe a talented and experienced guard will enter the transfer portal tomorrow but I think we've all seen how hard it is even for players who've been successful in other systems to come to the Hill and thrive in just one season.

I was hoping Leaky would have the opportunity to play the entire season on the wing without having to fill in as a backup point guard next year.

I'm a little sakebit from all the injuries last season but once again we're just one injury away in the backcourt from being stretched thin and two injuries from potential disaster.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Yup.

As I said above, Garrison graduates, I believe two of Sharpe, Bacot and Kessler will leave too. Manley is a big unknown.

So with a view to 21/22 it’d be good to have some extra experience in the front court.

I’m not saying Roy needs a star player for that spot, rather a Garrison 2.0... a development big who’d produce in his 2nd or 3rd year at the Hill.
Garrison Brooks I believe was a top 75 recruit.

Development player is more along the lines of like Huffman and Manley. = /

I think we need to shore up PG if possible.

I thought I read a couple of weeks ago that it was 5pm-ish.

Reading and it seems the staff is counting on Anthony to be ready to go next fall, as a red shirt freshman, they kinda lump him in with the '20 class and help lead the young 'uns...
Can't wait to see him at full speed, he was building up to that when he went down versus Yale.

Reactions: TheGLOV
6 man class... a scholly still available. What does Roy do:
a) go for a backup point guard
b) go for a development big
c) shut down the class and give the ‘ship to a current walk-on (eg. Jet Jnr) as has been done previously?
d) give the ‘ship to little Lebo and make it officially a 7 man class?

c) shut down the class and give the ‘ship to a current walk-on (eg. Jet Jnr) as has been done previously?

C

2 decommits from Wake today. Fallout from Danny no doubt. One is 6’11”. Any potential to either? The other is PG from Raleigh area

Give it to Baby Jet! Obviously the family can afford his tuition, but this will be his Senior year at UNC. We have a full recruiting class, reward him for all of his hard work!

Ingram would a great get, but isn't the backcourt becoming a little crowded? Not a bad problem to have and usually seems to work itself out, but I'm wondering if that may sway him elsewhere. In 21-22, we're looking at possibly Love or another '21 PG recruit (Sallis) and Davis at PG, Walton and Harris at SG and Leaky, Puff, Styles and possibly Ingram at the 3? I think Styles could fill in at the 4 spot in certain lineups, same for Ingram though he seems much more of a facilitator and scorer from the wing. Either way, nice problem to have...just gotta make sure to maintain a balanced scoring attack.

Ingram would a great get, but isn't the backcourt becoming a little crowded? Not a bad problem to have and usually seems to work itself out, but I'm wondering if that may sway him elsewhere. In 21-22, we're looking at possibly Love or another '21 PG recruit (Sallis) and Davis at PG, Walton and Harris at SG and Leaky, Puff, Styles and possibly Ingram at the 3? I think Styles could fill in at the 4 spot in certain lineups, same for Ingram though he seems much more of a facilitator and scorer from the wing. Either way, nice problem to have...just gotta make sure to maintain a balanced scoring attack.

Styles can play the 3/4.
Puff can play the 2/3/4
Ingram can play the 3/4
Leaky will be a Senior

Roy loves to play a bunch of players and would excel with a interchangeable lineup with those group of guys.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT