ADVERTISEMENT

2022 recruiting

kc2525

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2005
This is going to be an opportunity for Davis to show his recruiting prowess immediately and he’s going to have to get some players, specifically a top PG, if UNC is going to stay as a tournament team. Who are some kids on the ‘22 board that are in play?

As for PGs I like the Jazian Gortman from SC he is really crafty I think he has some Jamal Crawford in his game.
Scoot Henderson from GA is hard nose and can score bigger than Gortman.
Donald Hand Jr from VA he further down the rankings but he is pretty good I think he will move up but his dad also played for UVA so not sure if he would be a option anyway.

SG- They have Jalen Hood-Schifino but I think he is a big Pg and based off chatter last year from AAU circle they felt like long term he would be better than Jaden Bradley. I really like Jaden Bradley for PG but from that same chatter also heard him and his family really like FSU and Kentucky was high on the list.

SF- I know Jarace Walker has a offer but Julian Phillips from SC is pretty good and has some good potential to be really special. Jamie Shaw mentions him here https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/shaw-s-takeaways-savage-academy.

I seen some good things with Justin Taylor from Va.

PF- Deante is better than his rankings and is a NC kid.
Perry Smith Jr from SC might be one to keep an eye who rankings I think should trend up.

C- I wish Jalen Duren he plays like a grown man.

Reactions: rexerdog
Pretty disappointing that Nick Smith doesn't really know Hubert Davis and his main recruiter was Steve Robinson. Not sure why Hubert wasn't involved since Hubert was supposedly the "shooting coach" at Carolina.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Would love a pg, n then Walker n Taylor. Plus obvs. anybody good that can shoot.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT