ADVERTISEMENT

A little Information about Dillingham from his Father

Tarheel75

All-ACC
Oct 8, 2018
Rob Dillingham is a 5 star basketball player from Hickory, NC. Robert is ranked number 8 in the class of 2023. His team won the gold medal at the FIBA Games this summer while earning the MVP award and breaking the scoring and assist records.

As Rob’s dad, I was not informed about the offer to attend Donda Academy . Neither Rob’s mother, brother or sister have communicated Rob’s whereabouts to me. I have not seen or talked to him for 3 weeks. I have seen the trio in North Carolina, so I know that Robert is alone in Los Angeles, California. He is sixteen years old and is traveling with a known convicted felon who has created a wedge between my son and myself, which has given the felon the opportunity to influence and manipulate Rob and his family with the promise of money.

Kanye West’s school, Donda Academy, has not yet opened, is not accredited, and has about 60 students serving students from K to grade 12, Apparently, Rob was contacted by Kanye West and asked by Kanye to make a decision on the spot. Of course Rob with his sixteen-year-old mind, would say ‘yes’. Rob has also been given weed by the felon who is profiting off Rob’s talent and ignorance by feeding them lies and by keeping Rob away from me,his father.

Poor children are targeted by handlers with the lure of instant wealth. Is Kanye living Rob Dillingham to LA to sell his new line of shoes? What was the pull for Rob to leave a perfect situation and move across th country to a school that is not even open? Robert has missed 3 weeks of school at Combine and could lose his eligibility to be a senior next school year.

It is the goal of the Dillingham family to expose the con man that has preyed on Rob and manipulated him as well as find out what kind of offer Rob has been given from Donda Academy so that he can continue to protect and guide his son through his college and professional basketball career.

The above was posted on Robert's Father's face book page today.
In my opinion, if all this is true, Robert is in a very precarious situation.

Last edited:
Yeah.... no thanks! I’m hoping he ends up elsewhere! I think he will end up at Memphis but we shall see!

Rob Dillingham is a 5 star basketball player from Hickory, NC. Robert is ranked number 8 in the class of 2023. His team won the gold medal at the FIBA Games this summer while earning the MVP award and breaking the scoring and assist records.

As Rob’s dad, I was not informed about the offer to attend Donda Academy . Neither Rob’s mother, brother or sister have communicated Rob’s whereabouts to me. I have not seen or talked to him for 3 weeks. I have seen the trio in North Carolina, so I know that Robert is alone in Los Angeles, California. He is sixteen years old and is traveling with a known convicted felon who has created a wedge between my son and myself, which has given the felon the opportunity to influence and manipulate Rob and his family with the promise of money.

Kanye West’s school, Donda Academy, has not yet opened, is not accredited, and has about 60 students serving students from K to grade 12, Apparently, Rob was contacted by Kanye West and asked by Kanye to make a decision on the spot. Of course Rob with his sixteen-year-old mind, would say ‘yes’. Rob has also been given weed by the felon who is profiting off Rob’s talent and ignorance by feeding them lies and by keeping Rob away from me,his father.

Poor children are targeted by handlers with the lure of instant wealth. Is Kanye living Rob Dillingham to LA to sell his new line of shoes? What was the pull for Rob to leave a perfect situation and move across th country to a school that is not even open? Robert has missed 3 weeks of school at Combine and could lose his eligibility to be a senior next school year.

It is the goal of the Dillingham family to expose the con man that has preyed on Rob and manipulated him as well as find out what kind of offer Rob has been given from Donda Academy so that he can continue to protect and guide his son through his college and professional basketball career.

This whole situation has been sh***y from the get-go. Notwithstanding the fact that Kanye West is a damned lunatic, there have been bad elements around Rob for a while now (which is why I never thought anyone at UNC should be counting on him coming here).

Just hope the kid doesn't get his future wrecked.

Wow, I believe every word of this. You just don't start a school from nothing. That's why most school start with K, 6th or 9th graders and build up. Not K-12. To get into college you have have core classes from a accredited school. Rob Dillingham most likely would have to go pro. The Heels should back away from Rob Dillingham.

I will refrain from judging the kid, his parents, or West until I see what happens. That post could be from his father AND it could be all true, but the opposite is also true. Everyone in this has an agenda and I do not have enough info to discern which faction is righteous!

Reactions: Heels5150 and Steat
Unless they have permission from ONE of the parents. I am glad UNC has nothing more to do with this, but I really hate it when parents fight each other through their kids! I was raised in an era when parents kept things like struggling to pay bills or arguing a lot away from their kids. The kid should be the one area you can find common ground because both should sacrifice all to allow the kid to thrive!

Unless they have permission from ONE of the parents. I am glad UNC has nothing more to do with this, but I really hate it when parents fight each other through their kids! I was raised in an era when parents kept things like struggling to pay bills or arguing a lot away from their kids. The kid should be the one area you can find common ground because both should sacrifice all to allow the kid to thrive!
We are from the same era TP. Unfortunately those days are gone forever

Reactions: TPFKAPFS

For me there is only 2 things clear from this statement from the father, first the mother and father don't not get along at all and second I don't want UNC to be involved in this mess. Outside of those 2 things, none of the rest makes any sense what so ever to me?

So we are to believe that Kanya West calls this 16yr old kid and forces him to make a decision on the spot to move from his current school all the way to LA? The kid can not make that decision, he is a minor, he is 16. So at least 1 of the parents would have to agree with this and depending on what type of custody via the courts the parents have it could require both to be in agreement. So does the mother have exclusive custody, meaning the father did something really bad, usually against the law, in order to not have a joint custody. And as far as the kid traveling with a convicted felon, that is not going to happen unless at least 1 of the parents (and I believe it requires both consent if there was joint custody) to allow guardianship, unless it was a temporary trip. Clearly changing schools is not a temporary thing. Kids do attend schools far away from either parent all the time but the parents have to authorize that.

Now I have seen cases where one of the parents, when there was a joint custody order, moves a kid out of state and the state the custody order issued in does nothing about it but I have never heard of 1 parent giving guardianship to someone else, especially a convicted felon and the other parent not be included in that decision. Did the father do something so egregious that the courts deemed him unfit and thus remove him of any legal custody? If so the tone of this is deceptive, look at what has happened to my son does not seem to ring true if the father had no custody of the kid. And NOW he is concerned? See if that is not a valid point then legally this is a kidnapping case across state lines, makes it federal and I would think Kanya West gets better legal advice than to allow himself to be involved in kidnapping.

Next, so I can't find my son, I want to see him, it has been 3 weeks, and yet I see his mother, sister, and brother in NC and I don't approach them concerning the where about of my son? I don't get all the facts, I just see them and keep on keeping on but I am so worried? If I am this worried about the where about of my son and who he is with do you think there is any power on this Earth that would prevent me from going to the mother and finding out exactly what is going on? I am going to handle this on Facebook, are you kidding me??? Nah, there is more to this than what this facebook post reflects but no matter what the situation is, glad UNC is no longer involved with this kid, we have had more than our share of butt crazy parents no matter how talented the kid may be.

The game itself is hard enough without all of these outside influences. Now combine that with these inside influences and it spells disaster for Robert. I see why Hubert went after other PG’s. Smart.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT