ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Edwards’ dunk of the year gave John Collins a head injury

I live in Minneapolis and I don't love or even like the NBA, but its almost impossible to watch the Wolves and especially Ant man and not become a fan!

He has some dunks / throw downs that are just insane. After the game last night, he said that dunk (first one on the clip above) was his best ever. I don't ever recall seeing a more athletic dunk, ever.

The clip doesn't even show a couple of his best from this year, including one where he threw an alley oop / lob pass to himself off the backboard with about 3 defenders on him in the lane, for the throw down.

A couple weeks ago, Ant hurt HIS HEAD by hitting it hard on the bottom of the rim. Not the backboard, the rim. It was craziest thing I've seen in basketball. On the play, his block sealed the win. But since he sort of bounced off the bottom of the rim (!!!) he landed on his body not his feet. He was hurt, but he was still able to get up afterward, he was so hyped with adrenaline.

He can shoot, drive, score from anywhere, too, and is a great defender. There may be a couple better all-around players than Ant (not sure who, its a very short list) - but there is nobody more athletic than him in the league, and its not even close. It's overused but he is an athletic freak / beast, in best sense of the word. With killer competitiveness too.

That dunk last night made me yell and laugh out loud. Crazy to see in real time. I wonder if he just jumped straight up on a run, without the ball, how high / what body part could he get above the rim. There are several dunks where I'm pretty sure his eyes are above the rim.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and Steat
He was asked about other phenoms like Wemby and SGA and his answer was priceless...He said, "I'm better than all of them!" Hard to argue with him it seems! If I was ever going to start actually watching the NBA, now would be the time to do it. The young stars are really taking over and peeps like Ant are really fun to watch!

Reactions: Heelicious
He was asked about other phenoms like Wemby and SGA and his answer was priceless...He said, "I'm better than all of them!" Hard to argue with him it seems! If I was ever going to start actually watching the NBA, now would be the time to do it. The young stars are really taking over and peeps like Ant are really fun to watch!
Players are going to just get out of his way. Better to do this than having your career ended. Sometimes players come along that you never expect. This kid only played one year in college at Georgia. I'm confident that if this kid had played 3-4 years in college like Thompson and Jordan (the old days..lol) he would have been noticed much quicker. Once his contract comes up, look for him to head to the Lakers or some other big market city.

Last edited:
I would think watching 1.5 minutes of some of the best dunks I've ever seen would be slightly interesting to most peeps. I wish he had been a Tar Heel!

• Love
Reactions: Heelicious
Players are going to just get out of his way. Better to do this than having your career ended. Sometimes players come along that you never expect. This kid only played one year in college at Georgia. I'm confident that if this kid had played 3-4 years in college like Thompson and Jordan (the old days..lol) he would have been noticed much quicker. Once his contract comes up, look for him to head to the Lakers or some other big market city.
I like all about your post except the last line. He is the heart and soul and core building block of the Wolves team. Nobody above him. Not KAT, Gobert, etc. I think Wolves would do whatever it takes to keep him.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and Steat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT