ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody watching Arizona at Utah?

Almost makes me wish we were in the Pac 12! The good news is we could luck out and get seeded in the West!

Originally posted by trollbaby:

Almost makes me wish we were in the Pac 12! The good news is we could luck out and get seeded in the West!
As poorly as we shoot and play half court offense generally, we do not want to play either Aizona or Utah. Each plays extremely tough D, with a 7 footer to man the paint.

Utah makes my blood boil!
mad.r191677.gif

they were both wearing dark jerseys - Utah dark gray and AZ navy blue. Its like Utah missed the memo that they were playing at home. The colors were very close to each other. Close enough that it might be hard to tell if you were saving a ball to the right team. Made it confusing and that much less pleasing to watch.

All bias aside, i think Arizona is the team that could beat Kentucky. They have a point guard that can score and takes care of the ball, two big, athletic lottery picks on the wing, and two 7 footers down low. Plus they play very good defense as a whole

Then there was the year where we had Jamison as POY (was he a junior?) and Shammond as probably the best shooting guard in the nation, and somehow that day in the Final Four we couldn't score at all... Heels spent nearly all game coming back, but ran out of energy in the end. I think Andre Miller for Utah had the best game of his life including his NBA career.....it took years for me to get over the hate I had for Utah....

we were in San Antonio trying to buy tickets on the street. An undercover cop saw it - took the scalper's tickets, gave us back our money, but we were left to drive around and watch the game alone in some tiny empty Green Bay Packers bar (in SAN ANTONIO)! and watch the disaster unfold.

Talk about an all-time bad Heels Final Four memory.......

Originally posted by Heelicious:

Then there was the year where we had Jamison as POY (was he a junior?) and Shammond as probably the best shooting guard in the nation, and somehow that day in the Final Four we couldn't score at all... Heels spent nearly all game coming back, but ran out of energy in the end. I think Andre Miller for Utah had the best game of his life including his NBA career.....it took years for me to get over the hate I had for Utah....

we were in San Antonio trying to buy tickets on the street. An undercover cop saw it - took the scalper's tickets, gave us back our money, but we were left to drive around and watch the game alone in some tiny empty Green Bay Packers bar (in SAN ANTONIO)! and watch the disaster unfold.

Being in San Antonio in '08 when we were down what 40-12 at the half to Kansas. That was my in your face terrible Tar Heel moment.

Originally posted by Heelicious:

I think Shammond went 1-12 in that game. Worst game by a Heels player in a big moment I can remember. The only performance that rivals it was Dante Calabria's 1-11 showing in the 1995 FF game against Arkansas.

We were the best team in the country that year.

Ouch.

Back to topic: Zona ain't gettin' much love. Not even a projected top seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT