ADVERTISEMENT

Bacot should post up Flopowski early and often

dook's biggest weakness is no true center in their starting lineup. Let's make them pay for it.

Sorry Cormac, but you're going to need to stop shooting all those jumpers and let the offense work its way into Bacot in the post.

They won’t call every foul but if we stay the course Flip will have 3 fouls by halftime. dook without Flip is very vulnerable.

We definitely need to not fall in love with the 3. At the same time we need to run them off the 3 point line because they have shooters. I am not sure how we keep proctor out of the lane unless Seth is on him, so some fouls on him would be nice too.

Reactions: heelbent
We definitely need to not fall in love with the 3. At the same time we need to run them off the 3 point line because they have shooters. I am not sure how we keep proctor out of the lane unless Seth is on him, so some fouls on him would be nice too.
We're 257th in the country in 3-pointers attempted per total field goal attempts. We do not fall in love with the 3. Arguably, for a team that has shot 35% from 3 this season, we don't shoot enough 3's.

Also, against Georgia Tech, our effective FG% on 3s was 42.8% (which is really bad). Our field goal percentage on 2's was 40.8 (which is really f'ing bad). So against Georgia Tech, our 3PT efficiency was better than 2PT efficiency on field goals attempted.

Anyways, hopefully, Bacot can get their frontcourt in foul trouble.

Filipowski hasn't been foul-prone overall, but against top-50 competition he's averaging 5.7 fouls committed /40 minutes
Ryan Young averages 5.3 fouls committed/40 minutes

We're 257th in the country in 3-pointers attempted per total field goal attempts. We do not fall in love with the 3. Arguably, for a team that has shot 35% from 3 this season, we don't shoot enough 3's.

Also, against Georgia Tech, our effective FG% on 3s was 42.8% (which is really bad). Our field goal percentage on 2's was 40.8 (which is really f'ing bad). So against Georgia Tech, our 3PT efficiency was better than 2PT efficiency on field goals attempted.

Anyways, hopefully, Bacot can get their frontcourt in foul trouble.

Filipowski hasn't been foul-prone overall, but against top-50 competition he's averaging 5.7 fouls committed /40 minutes
Ryan Young averages 5.3 fouls committed/40 minutes

We don't fall in love with the 3, but you damn sure fall in love with some stats.

Jalen Washington needs to have a big impact today, and Withers too. Those two guys can keep Bacot in the game, and get fouls called on flip.

EC, well my hopes is that he plays a masterful floor game, but I can see him in early foul trouble. Seth playing his usual great D, and also providing a little offense is crucial if EC gets into foul trouble.

Ingram has to score, and Cormac hitting some shots may be what wins us this game.

I think whoever has the better game between Ryan and McCain will be critical. Vegas line has moved from UNC -3.5 to -4.5 so that makes me feel a little better

Less bunnies please! Screw finess please!!! We need high energy 1 or 2bounce 'Put-It-Down' score, or get fouled (both would be nice)!

Lets Go HEELS!!!

Reactions: NorCalTarheel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT