ADVERTISEMENT

Late stuff (dook game)...

Schyer strikes me more as a care taker than duke next great head coach, his teams can score but the fact they have so many top 10 of their class level talents really helps that and most of that talent was already set for him to do what K did the last several years just out talent the other team.

But it is a very weak defensive team, they were fortunate to have Lively last season as a rim protector that hid much of their defensive short comings, they don't have that now. They are in trouble if they lose Roach or the other freshman guard that hit some shots vs us because flipper is gone and they are replacing him with Matt Hurt 2.0. And the real question looms, who do they lose to the portal?

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Was listening to local radio show yesterday. the host was in locker room after the game. he saw Cormac studying the stats sheet and asked him, "what stat really jumps out at you from tonight's game?" Ryan's answer, "93-84".

I love the TEAM attitude - if the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts you can play deep into March.

Reactions: RP12
Seth struggles jumping off one foot. He's a much better two foot jumper. The problem is that most of his opportunities are going to be on a dive to the basket or a run out, which is going to promote one foot jumping rather than 2.
Interesting observation. I'll have to look for that.

I was actually impressed with his post game press conference. He was very complimentary to the Heels and their team effort. You would not have heard that from K.
Schyer strikes me more as a care taker than duke next great head coach, his teams can score but the fact they have so many top 10 of their class level talents really helps that and most of that talent was already set for him to do what K did the last several years just out talent the other team.

But it is a very weak defensive team, they were fortunate to have Lively last season as a rim protector that hid much of their defensive short comings, they don't have that now. They are in trouble if they lose Roach or the other freshman guard that hit some shots vs us because flipper is gone and they are replacing him with Matt Hurt 2.0. And the real question looms, who do they lose to the portal?

Jury is still out on Sheyer.... too soon to say if he's a coach or just shuffling around talented players. Remember, Hubert looked like a genius in year 1, much less so last year and is again looking pretty good now. Sheyer has the #1 player coming in next year too so who knows if he can actually coach?

All that said, he was thoroughly out coached on RW court this last weekend.

You are 100% about Lively. He's been fabulous playing in Dallas and it's now obvious he was their anchor in the middle.... without him flipper looks worse than a Plumlee - and not the one who's still in the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT