ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Team?

al would

All-American
Oct 14, 2009
After watching the Citadel game and seeing how the guys coming off the bench responded I couldn't help but have some flash backs of the old DES blue teams. Those guys (Trimble, Puff, Styles, Nichel and Jalen) .. with a little more practice and maturity have some serious potential. Also made me sit back and think that some of the guys coming off the bench might even be a better starter than what's starting now. With a skosh more practice time, game seasoning and team building I could see this team putting some very interesting combinations of players on the floor that could cause anyone some serious match up problems. Hopefully sooner rather later.

The effort, energy and focus on both ends the floor that second 5 contributed might well be the secret sauce the current starters needed to get their ass in gear cause the pups are nipping at their heels.

Still think they will go with a strong 8 man rotation, others be ready as needed. The Citadel is literally bottom of the barrel D-1.

Still think they will go with a strong 8 man rotation, others be ready as needed. The Citadel is literally bottom of the barrel D-1.
May be but I think Nichel may well be an upgrade for Nance now. Just glad to see Hubert finally using his bench, they might have helped turn some of them L's to W's earlier in the season given the opportunity.

May be but I think Nichel may well be an upgrade for Nance now. Just glad to see Hubert finally using his bench, they might have helped turn some of them L's to W's earlier in the season given the opportunity.
I like Nickel, but in my opinion he is nowhere near a big minute 4, which he would have to do taking minutes from Nance. I think Nance is an indispensable part of this team with the roster we have.

You are drastically overreacting to a game against a team ranked 281 in NET ranking.

Nickel has gotten abused on defense in every game he's played, with the exception of The Citadel. He is too weak to guard ACC power forwards, and not quick enough to stick with ACC wings. Nance is leading the team in 3pt % at 40%. Nickel is 8th at 28%. So Nickel isn't even better than Nance at the 1 area he excels in.

The Citadel is not a solid let alone avarage mid major team. They are bottom of the barrel D1. Chicago State, IUPUI type level this year is their level. Take with a grain of salt.

Nance is playing well now, it appears that he's been integrated within the team, learning how to play with him in the lineup. It's good to have someone to spell Bacot when he need a breather, or gets into foul trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT